1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High Elf/Necromantic/Lizardmen teams on eBay

Discussion in 'General Blood Bowl News and Discussion' started by greymurphy42, Nov 21, 2011.

1. greymurphy42

greymurphy42 Member

Country Flag:
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2011
  2. greymurphy42

greymurphy42 Member

Country Flag:
  3. Darkson

Darkson Member

Cyanide Username:
    Darkson
    Country Flag:
    Pro-painted!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Tabletop quality at best - definitely not worth the price you're looking for.

4. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    Not the first time some "pro-painted" teams needs to be stripped, its very common on ebay:powdodge:

5. Gallows Bait

Gallows Bait Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Gallows-Bait
    Cyanide Username:
    Gallows Bait
    Country Flag:
    My 'new' 1988 Humans are awaiting stripping, luckily the guy selling them knew they were only fit for it and priced accordingly.

Also just ordered the last miniatures needed to complete the team from Tritex - 1988 Ogre included.

Really looking forward to painting these alongside my Orcs, after Christmas. :)

6. Etheric

Etheric Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Etheric
    Country Flag:
    Hmm the quality looked decent to me, but I guess I have not seen many really well painted stuff.

Was surprised how good NS managed to make his troll look (and just had another look at NS stuff and I see your point), but for me if I was to play TT I would probably pay someone to paint them rather than do it myself, it is not something I am particularly interested in.

7. Darkson

Darkson Member

Cyanide Username:
    Darkson
    Country Flag:
    I also hate painting, and as such, get painted teams where possible, and I can say these are a) not pro-painted, and b) not worth the asking price.
    To be honest, they're about average, something most painters can manage.

Compare to http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k99/firebreather117/100_4008.jpg
    (actually seen in the flesh, and better than the pic makes out), full 16 man roster, plus marker and coach and carry case - £80.

8. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
  9. Barmution

Barmution Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Barmution
    Country Flag:
    I agree that the teams for sale posted by the OP looks average at best, with a possible exception of the lizardmen who look fairly good. Still, your argument leaves a bit to be desired when accompanied by a photo of a team that's "better than the pic makes out." Just sayin' :p

10. Darkson

Darkson Member

Cyanide Username:
    Darkson
    Country Flag:
    Well, unless a "full 16 man roster" just means the paper it's written on....

And it's already sold - I brought it, because I've actually played against it, so know what it looks like.

11. Darkson

Darkson Member

Cyanide Username:
    Darkson
    Country Flag:
    I agree (I forgot that the pics were that bad :)o), but my point was more that for the type of money being asked for, I'd expect a helluva lot more than a average paint job for not even a full squad.

12. Etheric

Etheric Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Etheric
    Country Flag:
    Well the unpainted minis from GW are £30.75 taking the high elf team. So the guy was charging £90 to paint 12 models or about £7.50 each, which is about what I would expect to pay. Doing a good job must be an hour each or more? Plus materials.

But yeah for that price you do have some choice.

Warhammer Blood Bowl Painted Skaven team. Scramblers | eBay

Looking at those you can see the difference.

I like the elf team as well

Warhammer Well Painted Blood Bowl Wood Elves Team. | eBay

That the quality you would expect for that sort of money? Or does it go better?

13. Darkson

Darkson Member

Cyanide Username:
    Darkson
    Country Flag:
    That's more like it (but I wouldn't bid on a "we'll paint a team to this standard" auction either:rolleyes:).

I'd only bid on full teams, or at least teams where there's the option to get a full team completed - nothing worse than having 12 great looking figures, then having to have a shite looking one (i.e. one I painted) added when it gets to 13.

14. Barmution

Barmution Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Barmution
    Country Flag:
    Absolutely. The pictures linked by Etheric were very nice, though. Especially the Skavens. But only 3 GRs? Come on!

15. greymurphy42

greymurphy42 Member

Country Flag:
    Lizards have been sold...