1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High Elf High Elf Replays?

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by Metalface13, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Metalface13

Metalface13 New Member

Country Flag:
    I'm really struggling in my league. Playing High Elves for the first time. I've played Dark Elves and Humans a lot so I thought I could make the step up to the High Elves. But I am getting smashed in my league. It certainly doesn't help that I'm going up against Norse, Nurgle, Orcs, Chaos Dwarves and Chaos. What was I thinking being the only AG team?

Anyway, does anyone have some replays of High Elf teams I could watch?

2. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    I'm by no means a HiE expert but in the OCC the last HiE champion was afrostb back in season 20 or 19 and before him Stygger hung around the championship with his team in season 18 and 17 all those are available through BBM. Best high elf coach I've played regularly is Mardead who plays in the OFL - http://www.ofl-forums.com/index.php but you need to be a member to get replays. Mardead has played HiE in Crunch Cup too but that was 5 or so seasons ago.

3. JimmyFantastic

JimmyFantastic Member

Country Flag:
  4. Everblue

Everblue Active Member

Country Flag:
    Pidpad won the OCC with high elves, winning 4 out of 5 divisions on his promotion run (he was only second in tier 2). Season 13 I believe. Replays are all on BBM.

5. Everblue

Everblue Active Member

Country Flag:
  6. Metalface13

Metalface13 New Member

Country Flag:
    Thanks guys, working through your videos, Jimmy. Wish I could see you play more bash teams though. I think the first thing I'm going to do is elect to receive if I win the kickoff. Usually I like to kick, because I like have all 11 players on defense and I like knowing how I'm going to have to play in the second half. But I've been getting slaughtered in the first half, I've never seen such flimsy AV8. And then I end up playing the second half with 5 guys and no chance of scoring.

7. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Technically, as long as you've managed to save a catcher and four other players, you should have a chance at scoring in the second half.

But against heavily brutal opponents, it can be good to receive just to know that you have 11 players to stall with. In this case your goal becomes to score as close to turn 8 as possible, knowing that as long as you have a fair amount of players left for the second half and manage to go 1-0 out of the first, then a draw is a likely result. (And if they hurry upp offence for a win, you might either get to steal the ball, or you get it back anyway)