1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[HoBoS] Clan in REBBL Clan League

Discussion in 'Team Blogs' started by Supa, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Supa

Supa Active Member

Steam Username:
    Supa
    Cyanide Username:
    Supajee
    Country Flag:
    BtDTvuQ.jpg
    From the cold northern lands of Finland, some Blood Bowl coaches competed in a league called Hopobowl. One day however, they were forced to put their differences aside for a common cause. A "clan" was to be formed, to compete as a team against other clans. So they laid their weapons (knives and broken bottles) aside and started to think of a name. After many different suggestions, their commissioner @Swuul picked one and decided that they would be calling themselves HoBoS (HopoBowl Stars) from now on. The journey might only be a season long experiment, but nevertheless this blog shall be devoted to treasure the clan's adventures in REBBL, be it in either good or bad.

We believe this is a healthy change of scenery to at least try out the clan league, to bring out a completely new competitive aspect to Blood Bowl, which is working as a team. :) Of course having fun takes priority first and foremost and we all managed to pick races we like to play as. Despite my whining and nitpicking ( ;) ), we ended up being quite happy what we ended up with. :)

Choosing our captain, @EvilSmoothie was an easy decision. Having played Khemri for many seasons in Big Crunch 2 as well as elsewhere, it was also an easy decision for him to take Khemri for clan league too. The ruleset certainly doesn't seem bad at all for these corpses. They should be able to soak some bad match ups and with Evil coaching them, they shouldn't be that un-favorable for us.

[​IMG]

Next up we have @Mureahko with Undead, also creator of the logo. Having played the game since earlier editions of the game, the veteran is finally catching up with the current rules after a long break and is ready to roll. We're extremely happy how strong team this turned out to be, as well as extremely TV-efficient. If decided so, there still would've been room to cut more (but fortunately for us there wasn't need to do it). I'm very positive that this is a great package to notch us points. :)

[​IMG]

Following quite a popular trend, @FemurMuertez was extremely happy to pick his famous humans (and we think he probably wouldn't even have wanted to pick anything else! ;) ). He came up with the clan name and his humor strikes on his team too. While humans might struggle by getting bad matchups, Femur doesn't care. He is ready for the greatest challenges and to defy the odds. He can be a good coach for real, as long as he leaves the chainsaw home... ;) That said, we tried to make his roster able to win games too and not just a weak punching bag. AG4 catcher potential new Emil Frej?

[​IMG]

Then we have @Haukionkala coaching Necromantic, his top3 favourite race and something he managed quite well for few seasons in Big Crunch 2 before switching to Kislev and taking a break. We've no doubt that he's going to gather many wins for our clan, although this comes with a cost, as the TV is quite high. Still, golems are pretty much finished. As long as they don't get wizard too much against them as well as some shiny armor to use their claws on, this combination of coach and team is a force to be reckoned with.

[​IMG]

Finally, I decided to take Dark Elves after long pondering. They're my 2nd favourite race, and I like to be TV-efficient. Sadly this was not the case this time, the team ended up being extremely expensive. As long as these boys and girls do survive though, they should be extremely solid in all possible matches and hopefully win games for us. Having the most expensive team in our clan puts some pressure on me!

[​IMG]

There's some serious lack of tackle in our team, but overall we believe it is solid. Many teams in other clans decided to roll without apo, but this should prepare us for the absolute worst case scenarios to sustain through the season. Our journey begins on Season 6, and we were lucky enough to promote into division 4 already. Hopefully this'll be a fun ride, even if we only decide to play for one season. :)

Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
    Ravers, Regor, FemurMuertez and 2 others like this.
  2. Supa

Supa Active Member

Steam Username:
    Supa
    Cyanide Username:
    Supajee
    Country Flag:
    Reserved.

3. Ilgoth

Ilgoth Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    Ilgoth
    Cyanide Username:
    Ilgoth
    Country Flag:
    DAT LOGO :D:D:D

Mureahko likes this.
  4. Supa

Supa Active Member

Steam Username:
    Supa
    Cyanide Username:
    Supajee
    Country Flag:
    Week 1 [HoBoS] vs [NAME]
    [NAME] is an experienced clan. Still, we should be pretty equal teams. If not, then we have to rely on our coaching skills more than normally! ;) No pre-draft powers were used. Their clans races are: Amazon, Goblin, Human, Norse and Undead.

[NAME] were required to offer their team first and they offered their amazons, perhaps a little surprising as we only had one team with tackle. We responded to that with Khemri coached by @EvilSmoothie. That mighty blow+tackle hopefully should make this match not so annoying to play.

[​IMG]

Next up, thinking that humans only have a favorable match against goblins, we decided to offer them now. As expected, they answered with their Undead. @FemurMuertez is more than ready for the challenge though!

[​IMG]

Next up they offered Humans and it only seemed natural to put up @Haukionkala and his Necromantic to have at least some use for claw.

[​IMG]

Then they chose their final two matchups. They chose my dark elves against their goblins... plenty of inducements, if nothing else!

[​IMG]

That also meant that @Mureahko would have a slaughter contest against their Norse.

[​IMG]

Just when we thought that was the draft, they used a clan power after the draft! Last Minute Switch was used to switch up the first and last match pair. This meant that Amazons avoid the tackle and fight against Undead, while Khemri and Norse are going on a slaughterfest.

Match pairs:

@Mureahko and his Undead against Amazon
    @FemurMuertez and his Humans against Undead
    @Haukionkala and his Necromantic against Humans
    Me and my Dark Elves against Goblins
    @EvilSmoothie and his Khemri against Norse

Surprising use of a power, we don't think it was necessary at all as the matchups didn't seem that bad to them at all. Now they wasted 150k on the first game of the season... That alone feels like a victory, but we're of course going to make it feel even better by actually going and winning that battle. :)

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
    FemurMuertez and Mureahko like this.
  5. Supa

Supa Active Member

Steam Username:
    Supa
    Cyanide Username:
    Supajee
    Country Flag:
    Unfortunately for HoBoS, our first round begins with a 2-3 loss to NAME. Well played and deserved wins for them. They won't regret using LSM-power.

First match was @EvilSmoothie and his Khemri against their Norse. Khemri won the coin toss and scored, but Yhetee was having a really good game and hit Tomb Guardians well. They continued causing damage on the second half. To add an insult to the injury, they won the second coin toss and seriously outnumbered Khemri for a 2-1 score. Quite a difference between team development was a huge factor in this game (and yhetee working). No permanent damage or MNGs though, so we'll take that.

Next up our humans coached by @FemurMuertez played against their Undead. Some slight tactical errors early on their offence meant that the offence eventually stopped, but humans prevented a counterstrike happening. Bloody half, but Undead do not care as they regenerate. Defence saw human Blitz! Unfortunately for us the bounces didn't go our way. Humies prevented them from stalling but they couldn't quite make it in three turns. Damn regeneration. Guard blitzer is MNG, and a lineman died.

Then @Mureahko and his Undead had to keep us in by playing a very unfavorable matchup against Amazons. It was ugly, the girls injured plenty of Undead players during the first few turns on those first blitzes on defence. Nothing to stop being outnumbered against blodge, they took a 2-0 win from that. I'd say dice were brutal, but their coach of course capitalized on the critical moments like one should. So many MNGs and a dead leader ghoul, we used our powers to bring them back.

Then two pity games for @Haukionkala and I. Hauki with his necro marched on a 2-0 win against humies. Perhaps a little rusty start, but Nuffle bailed him out and the rest of the match was good ol' Hauki we're used to seeing in Hopobowl.

Then my dark elves won 5-0 against goblins. With the dice I had, no wonder. 22 pows, 22 pushes, 4 skulls...? I must say that the goblin team wasn't constructed well and it was easy to score touchdown after touchdown, since I had so many removals to their light bench, full of secret weapons. 35 SPP in total, although ST4 blitzer is MNG.

This looked like the hardest round for us. We still ended up with a positive TDD (+3) despite losing. :p Next up is fellow BBT coaches, as we're playing [BUST]. :)

Last edited: Apr 7, 2019
    Mureahko and Ravers like this.
  6. Supa

Supa Active Member

Steam Username:
    Supa
    Cyanide Username:
    Supajee
    Country Flag:
    Week 2 [HoBoS] vs [BUST]
    Familiar faces this time, from our very own BBT family. :) Both clans lost the first round 2-3. One clan will stop that trend, while other has a losing streak on them! We used a power to bring our Undead players back for the next game, as well as leveling up a mighty blow ghoul. Their roster looks pretty similiar: Undead, Khemri and Necromantic, while Bretonnians are very much alike with Humans. Only difference is that they have Chaos Dwarves, while he have Dark Elves.

[BUST] were required to offer a team first. Not that surprising, they offered Undead coached by @Mynimo1. Powerhouse team to fight against, we decided that my Dark Elves shall answer the call to hopefully have solid chances for a win, while also avoiding chaos dwarves later on the draft.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Next up we were required to offer a team. Normally offering Khemri first, we decided to offer our Undead coached by @Mureahko next, to avoid having our Khemri play against their powerful Khemri. [BUST] answered with chaos dwarves coached by @Manticoran.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then [BUST] offered their Khemri, coached by @LittleBits47. Matching the development, @Haukionkala and his Necromantic team shall have a battle of undeath hegemony.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Finally they chose the last two matches. @VulpesInculta and his Necromantic team decided to feed on @FemurMuertez and his humans. If it's up to Femur, he shall write more modern fairytale of Red Riding Hood.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And the final match would be our very own captain @EvilSmoothie and his Khemri against their beat-up Bretonnians, coached by @Darth Hidious.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last match day filled us with uncertainty and our suspicions proved to be correct that time. This time however, we're extremely confident of winning this round. To make things better for us it seems that [BUST] suffered even more damage than we did last round. We better shape up from our defeat and use this opportunity well!

Hopefully we'll be having good matches [BUST], this was the round we were looking forward the most. :) Which is sad, considering we're playing so early!

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
  7. EvilSmoothie

EvilSmoothie Active Member

Steam Username:
    EvilSmoothie
    Country Flag:
    So, the round ended 4-1 in favour of HoBoS, with only @FemurMuertez losing with his humans.

The scores were:
    @Supa Delf vs @Mynimo1 Undead 2-1
    @Mureahko Undead vs @Manticoran Chorf 1-0
    @Haukionkala Necro vs @LittleBits47 Khemri 1-0
    @FemurMuertez Humans vs @VulpesInculta Necro 0-2
    My Khemri vs @Darth Hidious Brets 2-0

All the games were awesome if you ask me, you can find most of them on my youtube channel.

Notable casualties on our side were @Haukionkala taking -MA on his AG4 wolf on a turn 16 foul (thanks @LittleBits47 )
    and @Mureahko losing his guard Mummy. Thankfully Mureahko has been hoarding all the money so he was able to buy a new Mummy to replace.
    Also our Humies got a dirty player now, so Femur get's to finally do what he does best, foul... Except that the player was niggled in the match, so we have to wait for one more MD before we get to see him in action.

Next up we have SIESTA, spanish clan that has gone 2-0 so far. Should be a tough battle but I'm sure our finnish Sisu will get as the victory.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
    VulpesInculta, LittleBits47 and Supa like this.
  8. LittleBits47

LittleBits47 Active Member

Steam Username:
    LittleBits47
    Country Flag:
    Listen, how was I supposed to know that a zero assist foul was going to do that kind of damage @EvilSmoothie :p

VulpesInculta, Supa and EvilSmoothie like this.
  9. Supa

Supa Active Member

Steam Username:
    Supa
    Cyanide Username:
    Supajee
    Country Flag:
    Week 3 [HoBoS] vs [SIESTA]
    Finland vs Spain, ladies and gentlemen! HoBoS, who are 1-1, are looking to end SIESTA's winstreak. The clan is somewhat leaning on the bashing side, although they have one of the few elf teams in this division! [SIESTA] is formed of Bretonnia, Chaos, Chaos Dwarf, High Elf and Undead.

No powers were used in this draft. [HoBoS] were required to offer a team first and our valiant leader @EvilSmoothie stepped in first with his Khemri. [SIESTA] answered with their badly beat up Bretonnians, although their core players are somewhat available for the next game!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Next up [SIESTA] offered their Undead. We figured that I should cope just fine with my Dark Elves against them.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Becoming a trend, @Mureahko and his Undead continued the bussing ways. [Siesta] answered to this by offering their Chaos Dwarves. Fortunately for us they seem to be suffering bad injuries as well.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then we chose the final two match ups. @Haukionkala has a clawing duel against their Chaos. Let's hope the Necromantic keep rolling, despite having a wolf out!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last but not least our dear @FemurMuertez gets to play with High Elves this team. He sure does love them pesky pointy ears. ;) Fortunately they do not have any Blodgers yet.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Three identical racial match ups to us, if we look at last round! Well, if things keep rolling like they used to, that's three win for us, yes? Maybe?

Really happy with this draft. I think they're mostly aiming for end game with the roster choices. Also injury bug has bit their team harder than us. All that said, they're leading 2-0 and we're 1-1. So we'll do our best to have us both at 2-1 after this round. :)

10. Supa

Supa Active Member

Steam Username:
    Supa
    Cyanide Username:
    Supajee
    Country Flag:
    So, HoBoS got a great 2-0 headstart against SIESTA with my dark elves winning the Undead 2-0 and Femur winning high elves 1-0. Unfortunately that wasn't enough, as our clan lost the remaining games. Chaos pummelled their way to victory against Hauki's Necromantic in a 2-1 overtime win. Chaos dwarves also had a 2-0 win, while Brets managed to cause damage to Khemri and beat them 2-0 as well. After that match day our Necromantic and Khemri teams lost plenty of core players and our future is looking scary. :D We used our final EIC on Evil's better blitz-ra, to save him from death.

Well played SIESTA, certainly a deserved clan victory for them. Onward to the next one. I'll try to update the next draft here tonight.