1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rules How does pitch invasion work?

Discussion in 'General Blood Bowl News and Discussion' started by G20, Sep 3, 2012.

1. G20

G20 Member

Country Flag:
    I've just had 6 of my guys to 3 of the opponents knocked over by pitch invasion when I had 1-0 FAME advantage. I thought fame advantage would help me. :confused:

2. Coach

Coach Administrator Head Coach

Country Flag:
    It should help you but it is still random so there are no guarantees:

For every player a D6 is rolled and the oppositions FAME is added, if totals a 6 before or after FAME is added, then that player is stunned.

So for all of your players they would need a 6, their players you would need a 5 or 6 if you had +1 FAME.

3. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    So while it is unlikely that a +2 fame for you translates into all your guys down and none of his, it's possible.

(Just a very long shot ;))

4. Gio

Gio Member

Country Flag:
    Hello guys, I just wanted to double check on something. I was playing a Nurgle vs. Undead match last night, very ugly & dead tired, and a Pitch invasion came up. I was lucky enough to only have 3 players stunned vs. 7 on the opposing team. Anyhow, it was my turn and at the end of it I started to "unstun" my players. Then my opponent told me that since they had been stunned on my turn, they ought to be "unstunned" at the end of my following turn. I told him that the kick-off event happened prior to my turn actually starting and that's why they "unstun" at the end of my turn since they started the turn being stunned (that and that I'd always played it that way). He said it couldn't be right and found it unfair since his players would be stunned one more turn than mine (my turn and his). I told him that was the way it worked and that Nuffle's fairness should not be doubted. But his stubborness got me in the end and I agreed to have my players "unstun" the following turn (won the match anyways); but he got me doubting. Was I right or have I been playing this wrong my whole life?

5. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    Your players are only stunned for your first turn, as you say your turn does not start until after the kick-off is resolved. Your opponent did a fast one on you - totally legal in BB though ;)