1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hypno-gaze question

Discussion in 'General Blood Bowl News and Discussion' started by aikijo, Jun 5, 2019.

1. aikijo

aikijo New Member

Country Flag:
    Hello. Returning player from the early 90's. I have a question about Hypno-Gaze. I have the 2016 PDF and the blood bowl compendium. Hypno-Gaze says it can be used at the end of a MOVE action. My question: Is MOVE proprietary? Can I Hypno-Gaze as part of a PASS or BLITZ action? (say I move 0-6 spaces, Hypno-Gaze an opponent and then PASS/BLITZ) Your help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

2. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    Nope, if you use Hypno Gaze you can’t blitz, pass or hand off in the same turn with that player.

3. sbr32

sbr32 Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    sbr32
    Country Flag:
    As Danton said a Move action is distinct from any other actions, also using Hypno Gaze immediately ends that move action. You cannot move 3 spaces then Hypno then move again.

4. Regor

Regor Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    That would be so cool! I bet Veggie would play with vamps if that worked like that :p

5. Coach

Coach Administrator Head Coach

Country Flag:
    You used to be able to do it at any point in any action and iirc it was on a 2+. As someone who loves playing Vamps a lot though I did quite a bit of playtesting and rules suggesting to make it the way it is now.

There were a lot of voices who wanted to nerf Vampires and have them not be ST4 and AG4. I really didn't want that to happen so managed to come up with a compromise that seemed to please most people. It's still massively powerful if used to it's full potential, gives you a sort of pseudo blitz action to remove opposing tacklezones without using up your blitz action that turn. (Bloodlust also helped temper them, however after a lot more play since the rules were last updated I personally feel that a bitten Thrall should just be maximum KO'd rather than injured.)

Imagine how broken having two blitz actions a turn would be! Now imagine if you also have multiple plays who are ST4 and AG4! Now imagine that you can actually do this more than twice if you use every Vampire on the team! Now stop imagining and go play Vampires!

aikijo likes this.
  6. Veggente85

Veggente85 Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    VeggenteBBT
    Cyanide Username:
    Veggente
    Country Flag:
    Vamps are already OP enough at high tv.

7. aikijo

aikijo New Member

Country Flag:
    Thanks to all who replied. This post here was very informative! Thanks Coach!