1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I miss online BB, but work in Greenland

Discussion in 'Blood Bowl 2' started by Netsmurf, Jan 3, 2019.

?

Do you want to join the TOW league?

1. Yes - killing Netsmurfs pixels is fun

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No - Don´t let Netsmurf have any pixels

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    So as a result of me working in Greenland I do not have access to good internet and can not play BB2 unless Im on vacation.

Would any be interested in a fix schedule league with normal teams only and having a weird calendar?

Im home February, half of May, July and October - unless shit happens and I have to change my vacations.

If there is interest I will try and set up Top Of the World league (TOW) and open it for registration in the first week of February.

Plan is to play one game a week except for July (1 game pr 2 weeks), so it will be a slow league.

2. Street

Street Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Street
    Country Flag:
    How bad internet you talking here? Bloodbowl is a turn based game after all, I can't imagine you need that great of an internet to play it online. But I am guessing you have tested online play while in Greenland with no success?

Would love to play but don't have time for multiple leagues. Even if at limited times.

Hopefully do see you on the pitch again at some point though! I sort of assumed you had just quit playing bloodbowl as I hadn't seen you round here in some time.

3. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    I still play BB on E-mail. The internet is so horrible that I can´t even start a Fumbbl game. And I play at least 1 TT tourney each vacation. I can´t live without BB

4. Ravers

Ravers Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ravers
    Country Flag:
    The gaps between matches would be too long to maintain my interest to be honest. If you don't get much interest why don't you try and set up a small league / tourney for when you next have decent internet to be done in the time span you are home. I probably would play in that subject to time zones etc.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
  5. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    I'm in the same boat as Street, don't typically have time to add an extra league. But also agree with Ravers, would play in short tourneys sometimes, especially those with unique build rules and race restrictions to shake things up a bit.

6. mamutas

mamutas Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    mamutas
    Cyanide Username:
    mamutas
    Country Flag:
    We can have short tournaments when you are back on the internet. It sounds like you are in for 4-5 weeks? We can whip up some swiss format for a month, I think there would be a handful of coaches interested. If you give an advance notice, we can get it organized.