1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Elf I need YOU!

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by Blasscend, May 13, 2013.

1. Blasscend

Blasscend Member

Cyanide Username:
    Blassc_end
    Country Flag:
    ...to help me out of this. Situation is: A fill-in team of mine for Under Mountain, the Soon to be Dead Parrots (Dead parrots was already taken and I desperately wanted the theme) will face a nurgle team MD6.

The problem is: Back in TT, not a single one of my buddies I played with wanted to play them and in Cyanide Blood Bowl I only encountered them twice, once with gobbos and once with a team I don´t even remember, but it wasn´t pro´s. So, I don´t have any idea how to play against them. Passing will be harder if he positions right, and I don´t know how Elfic plays.

As I said, as a fill-in, the team has only had a adminned draw, a loss against claaams Unelected(and a big one at that, still don´t want to look at my dice rolls there) and a win last MD against Uldreg´s UW, so it´s pretty undeveloped. His team has some skills and 1 pending, as seen here:
    [​IMG]

And here:
    [​IMG]

Any tips and such? I want to get a win out of this, at the very least a draw.

/Blassc, expecting Viajero to show up here ;)

2. Boffa

Boffa Active Member

Country Flag:
    Position so that the beast can't tie up to many players at once. 2 squares apart and keep away from him he can cause you major head aches. Other then that try to play the ball and pressure them to either score fast or not score at all (kicking first preferably) your blodge blitzer should come in handy if you protect him screened behind other players.. looks like a tough match up but a wiz and some babes can go a long way with elves.

Going to need that wizard in the pocket to stop him from caging to heavily and hope for an opening, don't get in contact screen and dodge/block away hope you can keep numbers on the pitch!

Last edited: May 13, 2013
  3. Viajero

Viajero Active Member

Country Flag:
    Wizard, apo and babe.

Nurgle is relatively slow and has 5 players that cant handle the ball (...hmmm, reliably).

Aim to stretch them as much as you can by keeping the ball back in defense until you can create an opening. Plan for a running game due to DP and careful with the passing. Feint to one side, then switch to the other etc.

Have the ball more than 6 tiles away from the beast if possible and/or have a decent screen in between. If the beast gets in contact with your ball carrier is most likely a lost ball!

In defense, as recommended by Boffa spread your LOS so only 1 piece can be tied up and mind thos spaces in between your pieces for the rest. 1 tile only separation is a jucy target for the beast.

4. Fallowheart

Fallowheart Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Fallowheart
    Country Flag:
    2 rerolls and only 2 blockers is good news for you, target his rotters to attempt to force more rerolls. they are fragile.

Disturbing Presence has a 3-square range. you CAN pass, but count the squares first, and knocking them down doesn't change it. a handoff is technically a 'catch' roll. DP affects it.

5. Blasscend

Blasscend Member

Cyanide Username:
    Blassc_end
    Country Flag:
    Thanks for the help so far, the things concerning the beast are kind off what I was thinking. Well, except for the 6 squares thing. I don´t know, but 2 gfi´s is a two sided blade, especially with loner..but I can´t rely on that, so I´ll go with that.
    Generally I´ll try my best to do as you said, I´ve got only one more question: Does DP stack? Just for the records.
    As you mentioned, the rotters may very well give me a numbers advantage IF my armor holds up like last game (where my opponent only got 1 bh and a few KO´s who came back luckily). Also, the missing apo is weird, with that many pests I´d expect one, regen only works so often.

Again, thanks for the help, I feel a bit more confident now (although I´m still scarred by my rolls against claaams, which I hope don´t make a reappearance this time).

Will let you guys know if I win or lose, and probably in the latter case I´ll upload the replay so if one of you wants to point out my mistakes, that would be very much appreciated :)

Funny that exactly you guys, whose team blogs I follow show up to help :D

/Blassc, who gladly noticed the guy he replaces has already played against those scary, scary guardhappy ´zons.

6. Fallowheart

Cyanide Username:
    Fallowheart
    Country Flag:
    Nurgle does not get an apoth. thus, rotters down and out are not coming back. And those are his skilled players... sure a pest can blitz at 4 str, but none of them have block... that's his big weakness.

yes, DP stacks. overlapping fields of DP is a major advantage for nurgle defense.

7. Voltorocks

Voltorocks Member

Country Flag:
    a good strategy for elves vs stand firm beast of nurgle is, if there's a risk the beast may base your BC (it happens... but really try to avoid it) make sure you have an elf who is also basing the BC, but *cannot* also be based by the beast (ie; put him on the opposite side of the bc).

Assuming you can knock the non-standfirm warriors away enough to have no more than 2 DP auras on this second elf, this handoff will be a 3+ or 4+... with a reroll from catch or the team, this is a pretty decent chance to get out of what would otherwise be a practically guaranteed turnover. In this situation, even a punt ( a long bomb to nowhere just to get the ball away) is a big risk, as the fumble chance will be 50%, and wasting a reroll on a punt sucks.

8. Limdood

Limdood Well-Known Member

Near Chicago, Illinois - in the United States of A
    Country Flag:
    don't forget to stick a rookie elf (or better yet, your loner) to the beast if you need to....sure his lifespan may be limited, but its also a 1/9 turnover and keeps the beast from running free. If he blitzes the beast free he's not blitzing your screen.

9. Fallowheart

Cyanide Username:
    Fallowheart
    Country Flag:
    this... twice on sunday.

At one point i would get giddy waiting to smack that silly chump lineman into the turf for spp on my beast...

but now i know better. It's not just the one player you are tying up, it's potentially a second player as well. Remember, the beast is really stupid and needs that help. if he goes stupid, even better, you now have that free lineman to screen with.

When you do this mark, make sure you aren't in contact with an assisting player so they can't block you away to move the beast.

10. Blasscend

Blasscend Member

Cyanide Username:
    Blassc_end
    Country Flag:
    Well...I completely forgot about the fact that they count as a team with undead players, thanks for reminding me ;) Regen is a 4+ luckily, so that´s one more roll and at the very least the regen players are out for the drive.

Giving the loner to the beast, well that was one thing I never considered, though it makes sense really.

The handoff thing is also a nice tip, will probably make a list or something so I don´t forget. Hope my sleep deprived brain will be able to do those things, as I´ll have to work a bit more than usual this week altogether (Well, that happens if you have a sick week of and when you come back another 4 people are sick <.<)

I searched through my replays btw, and I saw a thing that surprises me: The team I didn´t remember was High Elves, so pretty similar to pro elfs with no skills. And I actually got the td when the bc was marked up by the beast..well, we can´t have nuffle alone decide this, now can we? ;)

11. mrt1212

mrt1212 Member

Country Flag:
    His lack of block should be a blessing

12. Blasscend

Blasscend Member

Cyanide Username:
    Blassc_end
    Country Flag:
    Well, thanks for the help again, but the game won´t be played sadly, as my opponent was put on vacation for not showing up for 2 weeks in a row. Can´t argue with a free win, even if it feels cheap. This will put me a bit higher I think and I´m already in 5th place :D

13. Blasscend

Blasscend Member

Cyanide Username:
    Blassc_end
    Country Flag:
    Here we are, yet again, for the next game. Khorne coming up. And it´s the other team I´ve not played once against with pro´s, so that´s gonna be weird. Sidelines shouldn´t be ignored, but not stood at for the most part, that´s all Í´d figure. Might want to get rid of the BT by fouling as in the few games I had against them with other teams I noticed without them Khorne seem much worse.
    Rosters:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    As you might notice, the two skills I got from the adminned result of last MD were pretty awesome, guard catcher and +agi lino.

Inducement questions: Is Eldril worth it against Khorne? I´d be tempted by wiz, bribe and dp lino really (spare being a babe I guess, or more, I don´t know, the JM system confuses me still), but Eldril could make a difference.

14. Boffa

Boffa Active Member

Country Flag:
    guard catcher is nice. personally I'd pass +ag on linos especially for the very first skill id rather have kick.. blitzer sidestep is key for the sidelines... nice to get rid of the BT but with regen apo str5 and you not having a very deep bench its a risky proposition to foul him. wizard is nice to keep them on there toes not caging to tight.. wiz and babes I think you will need the Ko rolls..

Last edited: May 25, 2013
  15. Blasscend

Blasscend Member

Cyanide Username:
    Blassc_end
    Country Flag:
    Truth, but that´s 200 used, the leftovers are enough for Eldril or am I mistaken? JM are the same tv as normal linos, are they? That´d leave 220.

16. Boffa

Boffa Active Member

Country Flag:
    Ah didn't realise you were getting that much. Well Eldril gives a reserve and the hypno gaze and combines nicely with the wiz so go for it. :D

17. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Jordell+wizard would probably be a nice pick here.

His sidestep helps you keep a sideline under control and might pull a frenzier into a bad follow-up block. While your opponents lack of guard means you might be able to try him for desperation play 1D blitzes on the ballcarrier.

(And since you already have two sidesteppers, he does compound your opponents problems when you go for the cage)

18. Blasscend

Blasscend Member

Cyanide Username:
    Blassc_end
    Country Flag:
    Hah, almost thought it´d be tied. He lacks guard so Jordell could knock the ball loose, then again, that would be relying on a loner to do a leap and a successful 1d block. Elrdril could open up holes in a screen more easily, but that would rely on a 3+ if I´m not mistaken. Well..you still have a bit less than an hour left to help me decide which is better :p

Edit: Add the guard to eldril, I could get 2d with him on the bc...

19. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Jordell's AG 5 though, so his leaping is 2+ (as is his dodging into single TZ). He also picks up balls, passes them 6 squares to one of your players.. he's a one-man winning machine, much like Griff Oberwald.

20. Blasscend

Blasscend Member

Cyanide Username:
    Blassc_end
    Country Flag:
    True true, but I don´t feel good making 1d blocks at all, even more so with a loner. Eldril lacks block though and he´s not gonna cage/screen to tight with the wiz in hand so I guess Jordell would be better. Plus, he´s not going to sideline cage with Jordell. So, ye, will take him I guess. Hope it works out, will post a match report and the summary here after it´s played.