1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chaos Ideal league team size

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by Stryke, Oct 3, 2010.

1. Stryke

Stryke Member

Country Flag:
    I have a fairly well developed chaos team about to start their fourth season in a online league. They are currently at 2050 TV, which is in the middle of the pack as far as the other team's TVs go. Now my question is I currently have them at 13 players, but I'm wondering what the ideal player number is 13 or 14. Now 13 is fine most the time but every time I've picked up a serious injury (which is annoyingly often and far more frequent on my warriors compared to my more hardy beastmen) I've found playing with 12 a real struggle and left me undermanned later in games. I've not built the team as killers at all, the only player with mighty blow is my fantastic Block/Stand Firm/Tentacles minotaur and only at the end of the season have I finally got a player with claw so I can't rely on winning a war of attrition.

On the other hand adding another beast would dilute my mvp odds and inflate my team value for possibly not much advantage. For the AV9 teams like Orcs and Dwarves I think 13 players is spot on, but for Chaos I'm not so sure hence the thread.

2. Coach

Coach Administrator Head Coach

Country Flag:
    There is no definitive number as it really depends on the dynamics of each individual league and the other teams that are in it.

If you are struggling some times with 13 though, then it sounds like you should get a 14th. I would never worry about MVP dilution personally, the team is bigger than any individual player. Also eliminating those times you are struggling sounds like it is worth the extra TV. The point where raising the TV and it never offers any help is when you should consider purchases or even sacking existing players.

3. coachman

coachman Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    bjj hero
    Country Flag:
    Pick him up if you have the funds. If you find he's been riding the bench for 4 straight games then you can always fire him.

4. Stryke

Stryke Member

Country Flag:
    Thanks for the advice guys, however it turned out to be all a bit theoretical as I was drawn against a killer chaos team for my first league game and now I'm going to be saving up for yet another new chaos warrior. That'll be my 10th I think this one, crazy really this teams only been going for a game and three seasons.