1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you could pick Inducements cards what would you choose?

Discussion in 'General Blood Bowl News and Discussion' started by Patrick, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Patrick

Patrick New Member

Country Flag:
    Hi all,
    I've just recently joined a local table top league where rules are standard CRB but with a small twist.
    We can pick inducements cards but only a maximum of one from each deck (a deck is a price bracket so you could have one 50k and one 100k if you didn't want a wizard) instead of getting them randomly.

So far most people seem to be picking the simple trampoline or pit trap (if the difference is about 50k) but I was wondering if there were any other cards that would also be good picks instead of taking babes.

I can see this also varying depending on team. Babes are useful if you have low AV but a dwarf team might take that pit trap card.

So what would you suggest are the strong cards if you could pick.
    I personally like making every one a goblin with eclipse.

2. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Babe with talent, Suicide blitz and wake up call are all very good picks, depending on your team and the opposition.

And eclipse has been mentioned earlier as the ultimate "one turn touchdown spoiler"

3. Patrick

Patrick New Member

Country Flag:
    I've also considered Explosive runes could be useful on a high AG team with pass when going against strong cagey bash teams. This would work best if you received first then could use him in the second half so as not to get him sent off.

4. cjblackburn

cjblackburn Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    cjblackburn
    Country Flag:
    Ball Clone could really mess up a teams offence. You would get to face it every match and know how best to mess up their drive. Your opponent would face it once and have to protect two ball cariers. There drive would have to get both players in position to score and would have to move slower.

5. Mephiston

Mephiston Member

Country Flag:
    I really have no idea what all of the cards are for this version (has not read that section of the rules much).

But, back in the day of 3rd ed, one of the cards I liked the most was a permanent thing. "Magic Helmet", which gave a player a permanent +1 AV. Although... I don't know if all of those cards where "inducement cards" or not. I do seem to recall that both sides got to draw 1 (or was it 2?) cards, and the underdog coach got to draw X more based on how much lower in teamrating they where.

6. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    The cards you are thinking about are what evolved into today's inducements, but like everything else back then those of cards had no balance and a lot of surprise permanent effects.

Today's inducements only have permanent effects on individual players (and only very few cards do, like extra healing or extra wizards)

7. Patrick

Patrick New Member

Country Flag:
    Yes, nothing gives a permanent effect anymore and unless it is healing. Everything is normally one turn, drive, half or rarely game.

There is a card still called magic helmet but it's a 100k card and only give your player thick skull and +1AV for the game.

8. Mephiston

Mephiston Member

Country Flag:
    I do seem to recall one card in 3rd ed which permanently stopped a player from earning SPP ever again.

9. Patrick

Patrick New Member

Country Flag:
    After looking at the cards a little more its seems eclipse is better than i thought if also closely followed by a fireball.