If you were to 'level the playing field'....

DRAKAN

Veteran
Country Flag
sort human catchers and i'd be real happy.
Apart from that the odd tweak and i'd be happy, sure the super elves and Claw MB bashers get people peeed off but without major changes it'll be as it is now.
sort H catchers and i'd be a start.

crimsonsun

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
crimsonsun
Country Flag
Just so its clear my post was in NO WAY intended to bring balance into the game just it would be highly fun to play...

What the hell is a snotling pump wagon??..
m2391017a_99810209015_SnotlingPumpWagCFC01_445x319.jpg

Citizen Nev

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Yuck, Trolls.

Proper Snotling teams only have Snotlings! (and induced star players....)

Etheric

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Etheric
Country Flag
Hear hear, it's this imbalance that makes the game what it is.

Extra Credits: Perfect Imbalance - YouTube

That said, we could maybe have a slightly more balanced imbalance :)

That was really interesting.

There is a bit of

Orc>Elf>Chaos>Orc
Cyclic imbalance in BB for sure.

I do agree with the principal where the easiest way to deal with claw for example is to just play elves, then if everyone plays elves you go orcs etc.

Gallows Bait

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Gallows-Bait
Cyanide Username
Gallows Bait
Country Flag
Yet oddly enough, we have never had a bash problem in Crunch Cup either. The Elves things... I'm at a loss to explain this season.

Gallows Bait

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Gallows-Bait
Cyanide Username
Gallows Bait
Country Flag

This is the thing, I don't think its a usual metagame reaction to trends in Crunch Cup. It isn't a reaction to the presence of too much bash.

Trends in leagues in total, perhaps.

But Crunch Cup has never suffered from the levels of bash that I would consider to cause such a reaction. Sure, some of the AV7 teams have struggled - we've seen plenty of Skaven and Wood Elf blood spilt over recent seasons.

I rather wonder if the competitive increase coming from the prize incentive being increased may have given people reason to push for a race slightly better suited to a short season push for glory.

John McGuirk

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
I wouldn't have thought a concentration of bash would attract people to start rolling Elf teams, though - quite the opposite, in fact. ;)

Barmution

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Barmution
Country Flag
I wouldn't have thought a concentration of bash would attract people to start rolling Elf teams, though - quite the opposite, in fact. ;)
By that logic we would only have Elf teams after a given amount of time. It's more a trend thing, IMHO. Suffering from 7/12 Elf teams in my division this season makes me hope that the trend is a short one, too... *NGH* :mad:

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
By that logic we would only have Elf teams after a given amount of time. It's more a trend thing, IMHO. Suffering from 7/12 Elf teams in my division this season makes me hope that the trend is a short one, too... *NGH* :mad:

Well, all the claws scared away the orc teams, letting the elves run amuck. A few more POMB-Tackle teams should bring back the interest for strength soon enough. :)

Purgatory

Super Star Player
Country Flag
That was really interesting.

There is a bit of

Orc>Elf>Chaos>Orc
Cyclic imbalance in BB for sure.

I do agree with the principal where the easiest way to deal with claw for example is to just play elves, then if everyone plays elves you go orcs etc.

Extra Credits, the series that the above episode is from, is one of my favourite online shows. It is a must-watch for anyone in game designing, or just like myself, interested in gaming as a medium or an art form rather than just a source of entertainment.

John McGuirk

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
When a player is pushed off the pitch, you can subtract your FAME modifier from the injury roll.

The more fans you've brought to the game, the less inclined the crowd is to smash up your side. Not sure this is something I'd desperately want, or that it'd be good for balance. It just struck me as being nicely intuitive, and I think anything that gives fan factor and FAME a little more relevance couldn't hurt.

Last edited:

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
When a player is pushed off the pitch, you can subtract your FAME modifier from the injury roll.

Given the apparent bent of Blood Bowl, shouldn't that be "When a player is surfed, the opposing teams "FAME" modifier is added to the injury roll"? :rolleyes:

John McGuirk

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Given the apparent bent of Blood Bowl, shouldn't that be "When a player is surfed, the opposing teams "FAME" modifier is added to the injury roll"? :rolleyes:

Haha, maybe it should! :D

Must be my Elf coach tendencies showing through...