1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ilgoth's Miniatures (8/1: Ork Stormboyz)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Ilgoth, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Ilgoth

Ilgoth Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    Ilgoth
    Cyanide Username:
    Ilgoth
    Country Flag:
    Here we go. Some orks completed, 7 boyz dudes with lots of customising put in place. All in all, this unit will have 15-20 dudes - all depending on the new edition coming out which seems to be making boyz rather weak...

boyz-patch1.jpg

Customised with unique guns, detailed bases, heavy weathering and awesome personality - topped and finished with a model that was reposed. Let me introduce you "Brass Barrelz" tribe, who enjoy shooting. No need to aim if you hit everything. Loot quaranteed, wares are ours. Sell it to with good price too...

boyz-patch1-1.jpg
    boyz-patch1-2.jpg

Close ups. As you can tell, guy with the big shoota is bit floating on his right leg (pinning mistake). But proud all in all. OSL (object source lighting) with those torches ain't internet worthy, but I am noob with that. Learning, learning...

boyz-patch1-close.jpg

Bases have bits from space marines mostly, showing an old battlefield that is just full of orange dust from all the rusting infrastructure. Fun to make, and contrast well with my blueish albino orks.

boyz-patch1-close2.jpg

As said, all guns are unique. I mostly extend their guns, which fits their tribe name. Some of them have weld in some extra plating, and even bring in tactical scopes... You know, Deathskulls believe they are lucky due to blue color but man - does that luck increase with scopes?!?!?

closeup-repose.jpg

Last picture, highlighting the reposed grunt who I made to look like running to rubbles for magnificent play with that tankbusta bomb. I am especially proud about his combat fatigues (shirt, leathers and such).

Gallows Bait likes this.
  2. Ilgoth

Ilgoth Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    Ilgoth
    Cyanide Username:
    Ilgoth
    Country Flag:
    Yo! More orks, more orks! Only five though. :p And just basecoated, but it looks cool. Like a sketch ready to go nuts.

pohjamaalattu.jpg

Nobz! Elite unit, and I go ham with melee. No guns, just sticks - like real ork does it. Gonna be awesome to paint, just will see how I paint some details... Again the bases have some detail bits blended into the ground. With one of them I didnt even recognise the bits anymore, so will paint it wrong I'm sure.

Also returning to Ork Kommandos to showcase how much of a difference photobox is.

uudet-Kommandot-läheltä.jpg
    uudet-Kommandot-läheltä2.jpg

Kommandos-1-ready.jpg

3. Gallows Bait

Gallows Bait Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Gallows-Bait
    Cyanide Username:
    Gallows Bait
    Country Flag:
    Really like the skin colours on these, makes for a unique look and helps them stand out.

4. Ilgoth

Ilgoth Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    Ilgoth
    Cyanide Username:
    Ilgoth
    Country Flag:
    I like how it contrasts with the chosen base style, and adds up to the blue culture color I play with.

Here we go, the first squad of boyz complete.

boys-squad-ready.jpg

Was hard to photoshoot but here it is. Proper little mob for the Brass Barrelz. They are for shooting purposes, as I hope for them to sit an objective and maybe produce a wound or two before they are wiped or just ignored. :rolleyes::D I could have been more careful with details, but I have to give myself some freedom and not to obsess all little things...

Some different angles here:

boys-squad-ready-collage.jpg

And finally, highlighting the boss himself:

boss-ready.jpg

He got slightly bigger gun that I customised to be even bigger. Size matter for orks... Was cool one to make, really enjoyed the process. Customised the helmet with a random spike, thought it would be rather childish and cool at the same time. Aka the golden zone.

5. Ilgoth

Ilgoth Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    Ilgoth
    Cyanide Username:
    Ilgoth
    Country Flag:
    Storm boyz squad, here we go:

Stormboyz1-squad-ready.jpg

This box is one of my all-time favourites from Games Workshop. Orks with jetpacks is just too cool of a concept.

stormboyz1-boss.jpg
    stormboyz1-grunt1.jpg
    stormboyz1-grunt3.jpg
    stormboyz1-grunt4.jpg
    stormboyz1-grunt2.jpg

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
    Netsmurf likes this.