1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dark Elf Incentives advice!

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by Viajero, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Viajero

Viajero Active Member

Country Flag:
    Ok, I have this play off (direct elimination cup) game against a developped lizard team with my brand new darkies:

My darkies:

2RR
    Witch
    Blitzer x 3
    Linemen x 7
    1000TV

The lizzies:

Kroxi: -
    Saurus 1: -
    Surus 2: Break Tackle
    Saurus 3: Block, +ST
    Saurus 4: Block
    Saurus 5: Guard
    Saurus 6 is MNG
    Skink 1: +AG, Leap
    Skink 2: Sidestep
    Skink 3: Sprint
    Skink 4: Sidestep, Sprint
    Skink 5: -
    Skink 6: -

1 ass coach, 1 cheer, 3RR

1470 TV

So I have 470 in principle:

A) Eldril Sidewinder (200), Wizard and extra RR
    B) Horkon Heartripper (210), Wizard and extra RR
    C) Morg
    D) Masterchef :D and wizard
    E) Anyhting else?

Sadly no Jordell because I am a freaking Dark Elf.

What say you?!

Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
  2. Barninho

Barninho Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    I like option A) the most, Eldril's hypno can be a game-changer and they have no tackle. Might be tempted to swap the re-roll for an apoth, but there's not much in it. Don't like Horkon at all
    Second choice is D), because if the chef works well a lizard team with 3 re-rolls could have a nightmare, but two seasons of halfling coaching taught me it doesn't always work well.

3. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    A probably, even if B would have been nice if the lizards had kept some blodger skinks.

As is your blitzers should be able to play whack-a-skink. Extra RR is mandatory, though.

4. John McGuirk

John McGuirk Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Eldril all the way. As long as he keeps rolling over 2, he can win games on his own. I'd be tempted to take the Apo in case something untoward happens to your Witch, but that's the sort of decision that can only be vindicated in hindsight.

I note that you've succumbed to the Dark side, Viajero. I'll pray for your soul.

5. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    A or B. I've used Horkon against Lizzies and he was useful. He's good for taking down and marking skinks. He's also a good last-ditch option at cracking a cage, when all else fails.

6. Viajero

Viajero Active Member

Country Flag:
    lol, yeah, i keep losing my throwers as if they were snotlings with niggling so Nuffle seems to be saying to me not play a passing game or somefink.

7. Lebe666

Lebe666 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Eldril Sidewinder... cage opener with that hypno... this will be a nightmare for lizzie to defend. Also he can hypno a receiving skink if all goes wrong. Wizard has good chance hurting skinks and give you a TD.

As for the remaining 100k... RR if your not confident only with 2 RRs... if your thinking long term maybe apotechary. To avoid becoming outnumbered.

8. bintz

bintz Active Member

Country Flag:
    Never been in your case but I think Id try option B: if you can't get to skinks with a blitzer (to get it down with block), you can do it with a stab, it also can serve marking skinks and since it has dodge you can use it as a mobile semi-reliable carrier. Although leaping into the cage and stabbing his carrier can be a nice last option play since he only has one guard.

Im not a big fan of Eldril, hypno gaze is quite unreliable and doesn't have block (Harkon neither but stabs almost makes up for it)

9. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Not to forget that Lizzies can do a screening game fairly well (unless you manage to mark them out - only one with break tackle)

10. Barristan

Barristan Member

Country Flag:
    Having won my last game thanks to my Assassin stabbing an Orc thrower in the middle of a cage and KOing him to free the ball, I'd say Horkon can be useful. Wouldn't count too much on him though, but if things get desperate, what the hell...

That being said, I have a good experience with Eldril as well. More of a feeling thing here for me, depends on your playstyle.