1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tactics Inducements for a Title Run

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by NieA7, Mar 1, 2013.

1. NieA7

NieA7 Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    NieA7
    Cyanide Username:
    Under7
    Country Flag:
    After 45 grueling matches Read in Tooth and Claw have finally dragged themselves into a title season in the RPS Divisions of Death. With 12 wins out of the last 14 games I've had a great run with them, but the cost has been pretty high - two level 4 ghouls and a level 4 wight have bitten it recently, and one of the ghouls was my precious wrackle/Ag4 safety. What's left is solid but totally lacking in flare, without a single double or stat between them:

[​IMG]

It's short seasons in the divs, I've got lizardmen, then orcs, then finally Nurgle. The draw's been as kind as I could wish for: the lizardmen were badly mauled in their last game (against the orcs...) so now's the best time to play them, while the Nurgle team are the only side with a prayer of even denting the nightmare orcs (last time I played them I suffered 8 casualties including one death). My plan, such as it is, is to try and crush my team value as low as possible, stock up on zombies to weather the inevitable tide of injuries and lean on inducements as hard as I can - wizards wherever possible, potentially babes/bribes/star players. Here's the lizardmen:

[​IMG]

He's got well over a million in the bank so I'd be surprised if he didn't pick up two rookie saurus (also, am I going crazy or is that ST4 skink 50TV too cheap?) which would currently give me a measly 60k in inducements. I'm considering dropping the rookie ghoul (no chance to level him against these teams, he'd just be a liability) which would give me 130k, enough for a re-roll and two zombies perhaps. Inducements aren't my strong point though, any ideas on what to pick and how to play the games in general would be hugely appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2013
  2. Coach

Coach Administrator Head Coach

Country Flag:
    Not really going to get any inducements here. A reroll is 100k, as are bribes, so you can pretty much write them off as not being relevant in this match.

I think your best plan of attack is to as usual hit Skinks when you can. Get some Zombies for a deep bench and start fouling. Use your Werewolves to try and isolate a Saurus, hopefully Claw will do the job, if not gang foul away.

I can't see the TV for the players on those screenshots, so can't comment if he is priced correctly. I do think I read somewhere that double stats don't add the correct amount of TV though... Thankfully I'm mostly a tabletop player and don't have to deal with such issues :pow:

I'd talk to the league commissioner what the league stance is regarding that bug if it does indeed exist.

3. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    The skink should be at 210k, if my head works:p

4. NieA7

NieA7 Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    NieA7
    Cyanide Username:
    Under7
    Country Flag:
    I thought it should be 210 too, but it's 160. Weird.

The whole inducement spiel made more sense when they were 1860 prior to the two recent accidents certainly :p I've found gang fouling as necro difficult: while zombies are ideal foulers they're hard to get into position, being slow and generally rubbish at everything except being hit (which they excel at). Against lizards I'd be concerned about leaving too much space for the skinks to run through, though every time I've beaten 'em it's involved at least two saurus going off the field for one reason or another. Have to see what I can work.

5. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Bug. Should be fixed "soon" - hopefully retroactively.

6. NieA7

NieA7 Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    NieA7
    Cyanide Username:
    Under7
    Country Flag:
    Well I'll be honest, that could've gone a lot better. 1-1 at full time, but I had the better chance to get a winner - a couple of silly mistakes secured not only the draw but some very unfortunate casualties.

[​IMG]

-ST on the ghoul and -AV on a wolf, leaving me with practically nothing to handle the ball with, plus no levels. Even worse, the next team is a bunch of murder Orcs who've kicked the snot out of me before:

[​IMG]

I'll be honest, I can't cope with Orcs. Their lack of claw makes no difference to their bash game against me, and starting with four blitzers lets 'em get all the skills I don't want to see much faster. As things stand I've got 630 in inducements to spend (plus another 20 I could get by firing cheerleaders) and I'm not sure how to best use them. I'd prefer Ramtut but losing a wolf and the ball handling ghoul makes Luthor a more versatile choice (though loner passing is rotten at the best of times). I'm thinking:

* Hire a rookie ghoul - they'll probably die but I need the speed and Ag (70)
    * Hire another zombie, I can't afford to be outnumbered over the match (40)
    * Wizard (150)
    * Ramtut (380)

I could swap the zombie for a babe, but either way it still leaves me dangerously slow with only a couple of potential ball handlers. However, even at ST5 I suspect Luthor's AV8 would leave him far too easy for the Orcs to murder off the pitch. Setekh's also an option, I've found him to be a handy utility player and he'd also give me a bribe and a babe, though again ST4 and AV8 feel like murder fodder. While a chef could hurt the orc's game at 300k it feels like too much of a chuck of my inducements for something that could potentially achieve nothing all match.

I don't really have much of a plan for playing the game though: this Orc coach knows what he's doing and will usually opt for a very slow grind, caging the ball with the black orcs while the blitzers go on a killing spree hunting anything dangerous. He's quite happy to draw if it means more murdering, plus he won his first match anyway (Nurgle coach conceded without doing any damage due to the casualties he was suffering) so he doesn't need to push for a win. Thanks to all the mighty blow the zombies get quickly marked and injured, leaving the positional players with nothing to hide behind.

Halp?

7. Dalryk

Dalryk Member

Steam Username:
    Dalryk
    Cyanide Username:
    Dalryk
    Country Flag:
    Say what now? How the hell did they screw up the TV calculation system??!!!

8. NieA7

NieA7 Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    NieA7
    Cyanide Username:
    Under7
    Country Flag:
    It was only with some players who'd had the same stat boosted twice, and according to the latest patch notes it shouldn't happen with any future players. If it has happened with someone it'll still be in place though, they're working on that.

Game's tomorrow morning, anyone have any bright ideas?

9. Limdood

Limdood Well-Known Member

Near Chicago, Illinois - in the United States of A
    Country Flag:
    induce a few dirty player merc ghouls :p

carry the ball on whoever you have...a wolf, a wight, whatever....

Just knock ANY player over and start stickin in the boot

alternatively, you could try something like draken or ramtut and just cross your fingers for good armor breaks. I really think fouling is going to be necessary to discourage piling on and pushing his orcs without support.

10. Hoverdog

Hoverdog Active Member

Country Flag:
    ST4 Skink :confused:

11. NieA7

NieA7 Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    NieA7
    Cyanide Username:
    Under7
    Country Flag:
    ST4, block, sidestep, 50TV less than it ought to be due to a Cyanide bug. Actually I think it caused both the injuries I suffered and scored their touchdown, and I know it shrugged off three knockdowns with mighty blow. Wonder-skink.