1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Insufferable Indus S19 Fluff

Discussion in 'Big Crunch 2' started by doohickey, Jan 5, 2020.

1. doohickey

doohickey Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Welcome to Indus, the bottom of the barrel. You are all here dreaming of the heights of Altdwarf but those dreams shall be crushed in short order! This is the place to talk friendly smack and commiserate over sad defeats, please keep it civil! Our coaches are as follows:

@Ravers
    @tys123
    @zectorman
    @GobbieMarauder
    @KOMEDIANT
    @Yinkin
    @burning_phoneix
    @gdaynick
    @jwcarpenter87
    @Knockoff

We are just waiting for Komediant and Zectorman to accept their tickets, and jwcarpenter to submit their team so I can get a ticket sorted. We will be kicking off on Wednesday January 8th at the latest so stay tuned.

Some of you I know well, others are fresh faces so I am looking forward to a good season. Before the season begins, refresh yourselves on the rules (https://bbtactics.com/forum/threads/big-crunch-2-rules.6120/) if you feel you need to. If you ever have any questions or concerns, hit me up in a pm or on our discord server. Have a great season everyone!

KOMEDIANT likes this.
  2. doohickey

Country Flag:
    Here are the Ultimately Correct Predictions for this season:

1. Niggledmau5 - Skaven - gdaynick

A solid coach who achieved some very good results with ogres in the past, now rolling with skaven I expect them to go far. The rats' speed and agility will take them far in such a dash-oriented division.

2. Doh a Deer - Wood Elves - Ravers

Another top tier coach with a top tier team. Ravers' last few seasons have involved achieving a top table finish at the expense of the health of his team. Is this the season he bumps that trend? Maybe, but he took wood elves so they are certainly prone to imploding. I am expecting good results but the jury is out on whether the team survives.

3. Goobie's Goons - Orcs - GobbieMarauder

One of the few heavyweight teams in a division that features 8 teams fielding AV7 players. They may struggle to keep up with the speed of the other teams, but with a season of development already under their belts I suspect they will have enough games where they turn the other team into a fine paste that they can make it near the top.

4. Unclean Usurpers - Underworld - Reverend Radio

Another team with previous experience under their belts. I wrote them off a little bit last season and I won;t make the same mistake again! They had a reasonable record in a much scarier division last season so I expect they will manage given how little tackle exists in this division.

5. LiverBirds - Pro Elves - KOMEDIANT

The last of our experienced teams, these elves don't have a stellar record but they have enough skills that should push them over the top of the rest of the brand new teams.

6. Near Dark! - Vampires - TYS123

The reigning champion of Altdwarf has graced us with his presence down in the slums of Tier 4! Rolling a fresh Vampire team, these guys could have a rough go of it but they are just a hard team to predict. I feel TYS can get enough out of them to manage 6th, with a good amount of development to prepare for next season.

7. New Nehekxico Jackals - Khemri - Zectorman

Rookie Khemri is always an adventure, even for the most experienced coaches. They will struggle to keep up with all the quick teams and a lot of them will be able to dodge away from the Tomb Guardians. They should be able to pull in a few points if they can trap some of the other teams into scrums.

8. Smooth Brain Criminals - Skaven - Knockoff

A coach I am not familiar with, these rats took a different approach, starting with the Rat Ogre. There are two camps that like to argue whether the Rogre is worth it, but it will provide some muscle in a fairly low strength division.

9. The Phoenix Coast Offense - Pro Elves - Burning_phoenix

Another coach new to BC2 and the second pro elf team. Not much to go on yet for this team, they don't have the skills that the other pro elves have so they will likely fall below them in the standings. I do have it on good authourity that they have already manage a +ST blitzer so maybe they have Nuffle's Blessing in their corner.

10. Red Redeemers - Chaos - Yinkin

Rounding out our division is a standard fresh Chaos team. They will likely struggle as most fresh chaos teams do, but in a division so light on armour a lot of teams could die, allowing these guys to jump up the table.

Have a good season everyone!

Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
    burning_phoneix, gdaynick and Yinkin like this.
  3. zectorman

zectorman Active Member

Steam Username:
    veratech_01
    Cyanide Username:
    zectorman
    Country Flag:
    I WAS NOT AWARE THAT I HAD AN OUTSTANDING TICKET.

It has been accepted. Your welcome. Welcome to the show, imma bout to stuff new mummies full of the dust from the crushed players we are about to destroy.

JACKALS- OUT.

4. burning_phoneix

burning_phoneix Member

Steam Username:
    burning.phoneix
    Country Flag:
    I'm a fresh eyed young coach accepting my first tournament and I get the damn reigning Champ @tys123 in my division. Nuffle is cruel.

5. Yinkin

Yinkin New Member

Steam Username:
    Yinkin
    Country Flag:
    Hello everyone! I am new to the Crunch if not to Bloodbowl; this is the first time I've played in an online league in Bloodbowl 2. I played online with some friends a few years ago in BB1! Other than that I've mostly played tabletop so this will be fun!

Decided to give Chaos a spin!

zectorman and Supa like this.
  6. burning_phoneix

burning_phoneix Member

Steam Username:
    burning.phoneix
    Country Flag:
    Does anyone have an invite code to the bbtactics discord? The one I've found is expired.

7. Supa

Supa Active Member

Steam Username:
    Supa
    Cyanide Username:
    Supajee
    Country Flag:
    I'll PM you.

burning_phoneix likes this.
  8. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    You don't need to worry about me.
    I am playing Vamps who are poor to start and have played in enough long term leagues to know SPP and staying alive is way more important than winning for the 1st 3 seasons.

9. Ravers

Ravers Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ravers
    Country Flag:
    Staying alive eh? I knew I was doing something wrong these past few seasons!

10. burning_phoneix

burning_phoneix Member

Steam Username:
    burning.phoneix
    Country Flag:
    "Don't worry about me" says local Butcher to Lamb Community

gdaynick likes this.
  11. GobbieMarauder

GobbieMarauder Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    GoobieMarauder
    Country Flag:
    What a coincidence, as a Greenskin coach I also consider winning to be secondary. We definitely don't agree on the primary though.

12. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    So who is still missing and how long do we wait before you find a replacement.

13. doohickey

Country Flag:
    We are already waiting for the replacement to get back to us with a team, and a second replacement wiring to go. I’ll be launching the season tonight when I get home from work with a filler team if I need to until the last team gets in

Yinkin likes this.
  14. Yinkin

Yinkin New Member

Steam Username:
    Yinkin
    Country Flag:
    Is anyone else having problems viewing @Knockoff s team Smooth Brain Criminals? They are noted as TV850 but when I try to look at the team roster or the team image they are blank.

15. EvilSmoothie

EvilSmoothie Active Member

Steam Username:
    EvilSmoothie
    Country Flag:
    Don't think it is a problem. He just has not bought anything except the 2 rerolls. Due to the BB2 bank rules(money over 150k directly counts for your TV) he has 850 team value with that.

16. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    If my vamps remain as bloodthirsty for the rest of the season it is going to be a long season.

7 failed bloodlust in the 1st half.
    4 badly hurt , 1 KO's and 2 off the pitch as no Thralls left to bite ( Other one was killed by a rat ).
    On the plus side I did manage to throw 9 passes and the MVP went to a vamp.

17. Ravers

Ravers Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ravers
    Country Flag:
    @doohickey "Ultimately Correct Predictions" don't count if we have all played our games y'know ? :p

18. burning_phoneix

burning_phoneix Member

Steam Username:
    burning.phoneix
    Country Flag:
    They'll still technically be predictions and also ultimately correct if they're updated before the last matchday.

19. doohickey

Country Flag:
    Everything has already gone exactly as I knew it would, never doubt my omniscience...

They should be up tomorrow though =P

20. doohickey

Country Flag:
    Predictions up!

burning_phoneix and Ravers like this.