1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iPhone 5c browsing redirect

Discussion in 'Site News, Bug Reports and Questions' started by Fallowheart, Apr 18, 2014.

1. Fallowheart

Fallowheart Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Fallowheart
    Country Flag:
    Hi Coach,

I frequently browse from work on my iPhone. Lately upon entering the forums (and every subsequent page on the site that I visit), I get a redirect to a blatant advert site for some stupid game app (dragon something, age of warriorness, jelly splash, etc) Additionally, it redirects Safari to 'woogatrack.***', or 'ads.glispa.com', etc.

(glispa seems to be for age of war, woogatrack for jelly splash... not sure about dragon)

I *think* this is related to the ad banners and possible imbedding? It is specific to BBT and the iPhone device. (I have browsed all over the net with my iphone as a specific test before posting.) additionally, I believe it's the banners because it doesn't always happen (the banners cycle correct?), so when it's the 'farm ad', I don't get the popup.

anyway, I really love your site but this makes it impossible to browse/participate with my iphone.

I hope that this isn't a specific problem with my phone (it is not 'jail broken' - I don't even know what that means but I bought this accursed thing).

cheers,
    Fallow

2. Wallbanger

Wallbanger Member

Cyanide Username:
    Wallbanger
    Country Flag:
    It's not your phone, it's a particularly annoying ad tactic.

3. Fallowheart

Cyanide Username:
    Fallowheart
    Country Flag:
    I see... then there may not be anything Coach can do about it. as it's likely an 'ad bundle' situation.

my current tactic (that seems to be working) is open every new selection in a new tab and then reload if I get a popup then keep them up. lots of windows, but it works.

4. Coach

Coach Administrator Head Coach

Country Flag:
    Sorry for the delay, I've been ill so not checked the forum so diligently.

I've done some research into this and there isn't much information about it.

From what I gather, it appears to be related to something called airpush ad notification software that runs on phones, though I'm not certain. I can't even find anything concrete with regards to it being on iphones either, seems to be more related to android.

Anyone else got an iphone? Would be nice to have more feedback to see if the site is working fine for others with iphones to help narrow down the problem.

5. Coach

Coach Administrator Head Coach

Country Flag:
  6. Fallowheart

Cyanide Username:
    Fallowheart
    Country Flag:
    I haven't tried on anything other than safari. And lately the site hasn't been doing it.
    Thanks for looking into it. I don't know if there really is a fix, but the more site owners hear about it, the better.

Hope you feel better. :)