1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Norse Is it worth taking +AV on Norse?

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by steveo110, Apr 4, 2017.

1. steveo110

steveo110 Member

Steam Username:
    steveo110
    Country Flag:
    Well, is it?

With there paper thin armour, and dirt cheap lineman cost - might a skill up taking +AV rather than +MV be worth it in this case...?

2. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    No.
    I would take the +MA on the runners and ignore it on the zerkers and the linemen.
    Zerkers end up on the floor way too much from PO and +AV doesn't help much when being fouled and linemen need to be cheap and that is 30K not doing much.
    It would be OK on the werewolves but they have so many other skills they want so unless they are at 176 SPP there will be something better.
    Possibly on the yhettee after guard and MB.

3. Ravers

Ravers Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ravers
    Country Flag:
    No from me too. You turn a 50 TV lineman into an 80 TV lineman and bring claw into the mix, which does not effect you at AV7. So what Tys123 said. (Linemen btw you are better off taking DP / Fend / Dauntless / Tackle - Guard on a double).

Oh and the linemen are cheap but the rest of the team gets high TV pretty quickly. You want the linemen to stay low Tv to be honest.

4. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    I would pick it on a lino, since the difference in reduced KO:s for LOS duty would make it worth enough to keep him around. But only because you only need 2-3 linemen with DP, 1-2 who roll double and get guard, and 1-2 with tackle, so there's room to be funny on the lino skills (especially if you're bad on rolling doubles)(double 5 means guard if on a lino though).

Zerkers have other useful skills to get, but else AV is actually a slight protection against fouls as well.

Some wolves or linos could get +move, it depends a bit upon previous skills.

5. JJape

JJape Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    JJape
    Country Flag:
    I would take +AV on linos on 6+4, exactly due to reasons Nikolai mentioned. Claw is not so commonplace that you should really worry about it.

In my Norse team at New Ogham I already have several fend and tackle, running out of reasonable skills to take. (it`s somewhat crippled team, with no guard, no bench, no skills on wolves or yeti. But aggressive POMBing and fouling still get wins surpisingly often).

6. Valcurdra

Valcurdra Active Member

Country Flag:
    I take it on the linesman but i can see the argument for passing it.

If you get an ag4 or even better an ag5 linesman then definitely take plus av to keep them alive.

7. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    I'd say if you get +AG on a lino and roll a 10 after that, move is needed to make him a superior runner?

8. Ravers

Ravers Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ravers
    Country Flag:
    Not sure about superior. He's basically then a Wood Elf lino with block, but at an extra 30 TV and without agility access;). Main advantage of the runners is the Agi access, and dauntless is very useful when you are up against Orcs/Chaos etc and don't want to get suckered into a frenzy trap with your Ulfs. Plus agi on a runner is of course the preferred option.

9. Valcurdra

Valcurdra Active Member

Country Flag:
    I always carry with a pass skilled player where possible on almost every team.

An ag4 guy would be a potential reciver, but they are just so valuable to Norse I reckon it's worth adding protection.