1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cyanide Joining OCC or SCC ?

Discussion in 'General Blood Bowl News and Discussion' started by Spartakus, Oct 21, 2012.

1. Spartakus

Spartakus Member

Country Flag:
    Hi all,

I'm seeking for new Blood Bowl experience, i only played in mm for a while so i wanna try to play in a private league.
    OCC seems fun, and a very active one. Since it is my first league experience and that i will only have a rookie team, should i start in SCC fisrt or directly run a team in OCC ?

2. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Depends. If you have time for two games per week, I would do both. Else you should probably go for SSC, since it will be most similar to MM in the beginning. (Fairly equal TV:s. Going into OCC you will meet a couple of lopsided games every season.)

3. Gallows Bait

Gallows Bait Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Gallows-Bait
    Cyanide Username:
    Gallows Bait
    Country Flag:
    Both have advantages and disadvantages. SSC sees everyone start equal, whilst OCC mixes the newcomers with the graduates out of SSC.

But SSC often sees experienced coaches playing secondary teams and who have less to lose, so it isn't necessarily a given that it will be easier.

Ultimately in both you commit to one season, but if your team survives well in OCC you may well go up a division, whereas SSC sees you still likely to start at the bottom, so it is slightly slower to work your way up, if that is your focus.

So there's no right answer really, and in my case I have done both. My current team is launching straight in, my first went via SSC.

4. Spartakus

Spartakus Member

Country Flag:
    Thx for the quick replies.

I think i will do both. I don't know yet witch teams i'm gonna run. I played DaE , Pro's and now Underworld cause it's fun :)
    OCC is full of bashy teams no ?
    I'm thinking Pro's in OCC, cause i love challenges , and Underworld in SCC.

5. Thorlacius

Thorlacius Member

Country Flag:
    Just out of curiosity are u´r Damned Circus going straight in to OCC? GB
    I´m considering putting my Underworld team straight in as well, skipping SCC to avoid all those chaos dwarfs!:D

sorry to hijack the thread:D

6. Boffa

Boffa Active Member

Country Flag:
    While I'm a strong supporter of more Pro Elf's in OCC I'd consider swapping them around starting underworld in OCC since they start with so much dodge and are a lot more likely to face tackling Chaos Dwarves in SSC. Pro's like dodge to but if you start in SSC division with 9 Chaos Dwarves you can skip it for a season.. :p

EDIT: bah 9+ chaos dwarf teams in tier 6 next season.. hmm..

Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  7. Spartakus

Spartakus Member

Country Flag:
    Hmm, interesting thoughts. I faced so much Chaos Dwarves in FOL with my underwold teams..... Nightmare match-ups !
    Gobbos doesn't like tackle yeah ;)

It's seems a better idea.

8. Boffa

Boffa Active Member

Country Flag:
    Well theres a minimum of 9 CD teams in OCC tier 6 next year so thats nearly 25% chaos Dwarf.. I suspect SSC will be even worse so lifes not looking great for goblins mutating or not either way.. :p

I hope my elf team doesn't stay in tier 5 or I'll get hit by the Chaos Dwarf wave after sitting out season 16 :mad:

9. Thorlacius

Thorlacius Member

Country Flag:
    9+ Chaos Dwarfs in tier 6! shit thats not good, ive just applied with my Brutal Noodles (Underworld).

10. Gallows Bait

Gallows Bait Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Gallows-Bait
    Cyanide Username:
    Gallows Bait
    Country Flag:
    Welcome to my world too Thorlacius.

Still, whether or not we are successful, we will be the vanguard of a brave new world.

Besides, I've played against them in Auld World once and managed a 2-2 draw...

I'm sure we will be fine. ;)

Maybe we can get some sympathetic seeding from Pidpad. :eek:

11. Thorlacius

Thorlacius Member

Country Flag:
    Yea i guess we´ll have to hope for Pidpads sympathise on our lowborn rookies:

Anyways i´m looking forward to some fun games, even against those four legged fat Dwarfs :D we´ll give them da CLAW! and jump on them when they go down:p

12. SorroW

SorroW Member

Country Flag:
    Sympathic? Aren't you Underworld? So.... Bribe him maybe? Or threats might help? Or failing that Cheat, to get all CD in the same division and the rest CD free...

:D

/SorroW

13. Kjelstad

Kjelstad Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    Kjelstad
    Cyanide Username:
    Kjelstad
    Country Flag:
    I'm pretty sure he said he was going to mix them up in season 16 instead of letting everyone fall where they may. Though I would find a div of all CDs quite satisfying.

14. Narly Bird

Narly Bird Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Nice team name. I like it. :D

I must say i am now regretting picking dodge as the 1st skill on all my Vamps (who just finished SSC and will go to OCC next season). If im lucky perhaps i will leapfrog into div 5?

15. Thorlacius

Thorlacius Member

Country Flag:
    Thanks it took some time finding the right name but yea i´m quiet happie with this on.

now i just need some players named:confused:

So fare i got Arnold-Stallone-Norris for my LOS Gobs, and Sticky Lobster for the troll (tentacles+claw):D

Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  16. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Leapfrogging to T5 is very likely. And it is fairly unlikely that any C-dworfs would end up in T5, so you should be fine enough. (And otherwise it's only half their team with tackle - and bulls are the main blitzers)

17. Fallowheart

Fallowheart Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Fallowheart
    Country Flag:
    hmm... maybe i'll forgo the friendly league next season and start SSC.

when is the next SSC starting?

18. Ging

Ging Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ging
    Country Flag:
    Sign up for SSC should open any day now (OCC sign up should have closed yesterday, but hasn't yet).
    I assume it will kick off at the same time as OCC, which is 7th November.

19. Fallowheart

Fallowheart Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Fallowheart
    Country Flag:
    I might have to try and get in on this. been pretty pleased with getting games together despite the timezone difference, and lately the 'friendly' league i'm in has seen dwindling interest.
    course, i have my first game for the new season tonight. have to see.

20. Ging

Ging Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ging
    Country Flag:
    About 10 mins after my previous post Pidpad closed the OCC sign up thread and opened one for S16 SSC.
    How's that for timing. :D

I'll be putting a team in SSC, once I've decided whether to play Chaos, Hum or Liz (not played any of those so far - leaning towards Chaos atm).