1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Undead Joining OCC

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by Doover, Aug 18, 2011.

1. Doover

Doover Member

Country Flag:
    After reading quite a lot about long Term team developement I want to try it myself as well. Normally I don´t use Teams much longer then 10-20 Games ´cause I´m not playing in any real big leagues and I don´t like MM at all.

Quite a lot of people are writting about OCC- Teams right now so I decidet to give OCC a try for the next season.

Question #1:
    Is a coach who allready plays in OCC willing to let me use his good name as reference so I can join the league? (If I got it right you can only join if someone in the leagues tells the rest you are real and not playing your first game.)

Question #2:
    I´m not sure right now if I shall join with a Necromantic or an Undead Team.
    I noticed somewhere that Undeads are the most played Race and I don´t like to use that one. So can anyone tell me which races are played quite a lot and which one are rarely choosen? (Except Flings, Goblins, Vampire and Ogre)
    If anyone has a special hint for one of these two races then feel free to tell me.

2. jrpeart

jrpeart Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    jrpeart
    Cyanide Username:
    jrpeart
    Country Flag:
    You can put my name down, I'm sure others here would back you up as well.

This was a provisional breakdown of the various teams starting season 10. It's probably changed but the general feel will be right

Amazon 5
    Chaos 23
    Dark Elf 20
    Dwarf 10
    Elf 10
    Goblin 5
    Halfling 2
    High Elf 12
    Human 9
    Khemri 4
    Lizardman 11
    Necromantic 15
    Norse 11
    Nurgle 14
    Ogre 4
    Orc 38
    Skaven 8
    Undead 15
    Vampire 5
    Wood Elf 19

3. John McGuirk

John McGuirk Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Nothing too surprising in that distribution of teams. Well, perhaps the Skaven and Dwarves seem a little under-represented. The dead heat between Necros and Undead is also curious.

And, naturally, loads and loads of Orcs.

4. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    Im going to love my claw/mightyblow storm vermin as long as he lives:D

5. Melnibone

Melnibone Member

Country Flag:
    Which will hopefully be a couple of turns :)

I've played a lot of Undead and Necro recently. Undead are solid but a little predictable - Necro are much more fun IMHO.

6. coachman

coachman Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    bjj hero
    Country Flag:
    Rats n dorf are under represented, as are the long sufferin human teams. Its a good time to start a bash team as the killer chaos squads seem to be dying out.

Necro undead and vamps are the first LE races to break into tier 2 so they would be strong picks, although I think necro will have the edge over undead at high TV. Right now vamps arr causin bash teams problems. They are new and bust open cages. Let's see how quick people adapt.

7. Doover

Doover Member

Country Flag:
    Thanks for all your input, I joined with a Necromantic Team and looks like it was a perfect timing. Their are just going to start a newcomer Season.
    So my first Matchday will start on Wendnesday.

I´ll start a new thread when I know how the league looks like.

I choose Doover again for my Username so if anyone want to add me as a friend at OCC feel free to do. I´m not allways sure if people with the same name are the same people.

8. Etheric

Etheric Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Etheric
    Country Flag:
  9. Narly Bird

Narly Bird Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Good luck Doover. Necro are a good team, but tough until you get some skills. My recommendation is to rely on your Wights early on for bashing (they are the only 1's with block) and look to score with your Wolves/Ghouls ASAP. Wolves without block are just too unreliable and Ghouls with Blodge are great ball carriers.

What starting roster did you go with?

My coach name on OCC is Jimmy C and i also run a Necro team.

10. coachman

Cyanide Username:
    bjj hero
    Country Flag:
    Best of luck and more importantly have fun. I'm bjj hero in cyanide/occ and when u get to tier 2 ill be your admin.

11. Narly Bird

Narly Bird Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    You admin your own tier?

12. coachman

Cyanide Username:
    bjj hero
    Country Flag:
    Yep, I work with Bantha, Hawca and Doomy. Doomy is the only one not in tier 2.

I was tier 3 when asked to do it but you can't keep a good coach down. When there is an issue involving my team the others huddle up and discuss it via pm without me then the decision usually goes against me unless its very clear cut as we have to appear impartial. I wouldn't have it any other way.

13. End Zone Hunter

End Zone Hunter Member

Country Flag:
    Sounds awesome, I want that combo on one of my stormvermin. I'm using a claw mutant as one of my stormvermin too ;) I might just use the regular stormvermin until I get the mutation and then switch him with my mutant player though, that would be pretty cool.

Ps.. Sorry for the thread hijack.