1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cyanide Just bought Cyanide on Steam...

Discussion in 'General Blood Bowl News and Discussion' started by Kolat, Apr 6, 2012.

1. Kolat

Kolat Member

Country Flag:
    ...my steam account name is kolatmaster79, so feel free to add me mi amigos!

I'm still learning the entire Cyanide buttons and such, but I should be game to join a league later this spring/summer. Any handy only references for the way to do things in Cyanide? Like for example...use a Wizard? Had one in campaign mode, but couldn't figure out how to use it! lol

2. jrpeart

jrpeart Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    jrpeart
    Cyanide Username:
    jrpeart
    Country Flag:
    I don't know of any guides but I'll let you know how to use the wizard.

When you have a wizard there'll be an icon of a book available at the top of the icons down the right of the screen. Click on the book and it will open a dropdown with fireball and lightning bolt symbols. Click on one of them then right click where you want to use it.

If you decide you don't want to use it click on the fireball/lightning icon again to cancel.

3. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Also, if you intend to play against the AI, the current patch might have broken it if you get a wizard. (If you notice that, don't get a wizard, or ask what number you need to edit in the AI file to get it to make sense)

4. Kolat

Kolat Member

Country Flag:
    Cool, thanks guys! I'll explore your advice over the weekend and see how the game operates, etc.

Looking forward, once I have the Cyanide game mechanics down pat, to joining a league or two! :D

5. coachman

coachman Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    bjj hero
    Country Flag:
    Get involed, most of the people on here are in 1 league or another. Look forward to seeing you online. Had you played any BB before cyanide?

6. Kolat

Kolat Member

Country Flag:
    I've been playing table too Blood Bowl for over a decade. But a lot more in the past few years. This is my first time playing online though, so it should be interesting! lol

7. Kolat

Kolat Member

Country Flag:
    I see the wizard, but it only seems to allow me to use it at the end of my turn... Not the beginning or middle. The book is only highlighted after I complete my turn, and it gives me 15 seconds to select that option or the turn ends.

8. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    It used to be possible to use it any time during your turn, but not after it.

This was recently changed to be according to the rulebook instead, and you now get a brief window of time after your turn.

But you should also have a brief window of time at the start of your turn (or before you do anything with any other players) when it is possible to use as well?

9. Kolat

Kolat Member

Country Flag:
    Ok, I'll keep testing it out, but it is right now just after my turn. Thanks for the info though!