1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Necromantic Keep or Cut Werewolf

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by Stareater, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Stareater

Stareater Member

Country Flag:
    Hi all,

I have a bit of a conundrum and need some advice. I'm halfway through a rather short (about 10-12 games) bashy league with my Necromantic team. Last game was a quite bloody tie against a dwarf team where I killed three dwarfs and made a couple of them miss next game. Unfortunately at the cost of one of my werewolves Receiving a -MV. Not the worse damage but still a pretty bad one. He had block which took a few games to get. I have exactly 110K in the bank, all my positional, and a couple of Zombies to spare. The question is if I should keep the werewolf, let him recuperate and have a -MV block werewolf for the next few games or cut him and get a rookie werewolf next game, which might not get a skill for a three-four games.

2. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    If you take a few games to make block, then keep him. You might well loose another player soon enough. Once the season is getting closer to the end and you know if you should try for a playoff / better position in the league or not, then you can start considering replacing him. (You're usually better off trying to have enough cash to replace two of your most expensive players at the same time, if possible)

3. Purgatory

Purgatory Member

Country Flag:
    I think I'd keep him, and play one game with just one WW. MA 7 is still pretty fast, the situations where you would need the extra MA are probably pretty rare (although it varies depending on play style). Also, Frenzy without Block, as I'm sure you know, completely eats re-rolls, so the skill alone is reason enough to keep him, IMO.

4. Jasper

Jasper Member

Country Flag:
    Is the team tossed away after this league? If so, I'd keep him.

Is the league almost over? If so, I'd keep him.

Otherwise I'd wait until I had more spare cash in case of injuries and then replace him. I'd want at least enough left over to replace a Ghoul.

5. dfly

dfly New Member

Country Flag:
    I agree with the above posts. Keep him. He can still do his job fine. I don't know just how bashy your league is, but even with 7 MA, he may well be faster than most other players anyway .Especially with a spare to back him up, and presumably little time to get his replacement skilled.

6. Stareater

Stareater Member

Country Flag:
    Thanks everyone. I'm usually quite quick to cut my players but this was actually one I had to think about. I'll keep him and use him more as blitzer than a call carrier.

7. Lebe666

Lebe666 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Keep him... just don't use him for flank defense duties or sprinting into enemy territory.