Khemri Khemri in Crunch Them All

Rusty

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
I've just started a Khemri team in Crunch Them All, and after my first game (2-2 draw with Gallows Bait's Elves) the team looks like this:

Throw-Ra, 6 SPP (Block)
Blitz-Ra, 2 SPP
Blitz-Ra, 0 SPP (just bought him)
4x Tomb Guardian, 0 SPP
4x Skeleton, 0 SPP
Skeleton, 7 SPP <-- just rolled a double

Now given that I only have three Block players and most of the team is stuck on 0 SPP and not likely to skill up any time soon, I'm thinking I should ignore the double and just take Block or maybe Wrestle. But as always I'm loath to pass up a double. Thoughts?

Last edited:

maxcarrion

Super Star Player
Country Flag
hmm, block or wrestle might be the correct move but I'd be more than a little tempted with
Guard - can never have enough guard
Leader - I probably wouldn't take it but it's not the worst choice
Diving Tackle - great for slowing down the agility teams, if you ever go up against a skaven or elf team you'll be glad you took it. Very useful for marking although without block, dodge, stand firm he can still be shoved away fairly easy
Kick - most teams can make good use of a kick lineman - only a normal skill but I'd take it as my first skeleton skill up as a normal
Sneaky Git - Skellies are cheap and good for fouling, dirty player is a good choice on a normal, adding sneaky git can make fouling that little safer
Dodge - I don't think I'd bother with dodge on a skeleton but it's not a bad choice

Narly Bird

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
I like the idea of diving tackle. With MV 5 they should hopefully be able to reach the catcher. Khemri really struggle against good dodging/passing teams and your DT Skeli will help with that.

Looking forward to giving your Khemri team a match online. Hopefully we won't both be plagued by horrible block dice like our previous matches!

Strobinator

Super Star Player
Country Flag
Diving tackle is a pretty good suggestion. Guard is one of the absolute best skills in the game but you need it somewhat less on the khemri team. They have so many 5 strength guys that you tend not to need too much guard.

That said, I would go with sneaky git. Get a sneaky git dirty player on your squad, and it's almost like having another blitzer for the down players. The khemri are a proficient fouling team with their army of cheap, regenerating replacements. They tend to have plenty of players. Sneaky git means you can foul away even when getting assists is not convenient. Normally I will only foul if I can make the armor roll only require a 4+ (that is the point at which removing them from the pitch is more likely than getting ejected). With sneaky git, I would do it just for kicks provided my player was less valuable than theirs.

Murkglow

Super Star Player
Guard is my pick. Sure the Mummies don't need the help as much but the rest of your team is still there, still important, and still needs the help. You can never have too much strength on a team.

Rusty

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Thanks for the advice. I ended up not being able to choose between Block and Guard, so I tossed a coin. Block won. It's done well so far.

Now, 4 games later, I finally have more skill ups - and thanks to Narly's client crashing, I have 4 of them at once. The team currently:

Throw-Ra, 12 SPP (Block)
Throw-Ra, 6 SPP
Blitz-Ra, 8 SPP
Blitz-Ra, 4 SPP
Tomb Guardian, 7 SPP
Tomb Guardian, 8 SPP
2x Tomb Guardian, 5 SPP (one is MNG and -MV, but I can't afford to replace him yet)
4x Skeleton, 5/2/0/0 SPP
Skeleton, 7 SPP (Block)
4 Rerolls

The ones in bold are the ones who need a skill, and they all rolled a normal skill.

I'll probably take Block on the Throw-Ra, I don't see anything else being more useful (possibly Leader but I already have 4 rerolls).

The other three are where I'm not sure about the synergy. I'll definitely take Mighty Blow on one TG, but after that I'm not sure whether to go with Mighty Blow on the second TG as well and Tackle on the Blitz-Ra, or put Mighty Blow on the Blitz-Ra and go for Break Tackle on the TG. I'm leaning towards the first, but any advice is welcomed!

Sceadeau

Star Player
Country Flag
So, MB on all three isn't the worst option around -- unless you are facing enough teams with dodge that tackle would matter.

I like MB on TGs because people tend to then avoid them on their turn -- rolling dice to get away, which is good for you. If they don't get away, they get punished for sticking around. It is rare that with their 4 movement BT will get them anywhere useful enough to warrant the roll -- and it will encourage you to do some shady things with them.

Your first blitzer getting MB would allow Piling on next to have someone worth blitzing with who already has block. I end up getting tackle next on both Thro-ra's because there is nothing useful for them to get really.

My favorite pair of blitzers on my Nag Khemri team was my pair of SF/Blodge/Guard blitzers. SF/Guard is an annoying combination to handle.

There's a lot of choices, it just depends on how you envision your team at higher TV.

Murkglow

Super Star Player
Mighty Blow is a pretty nice pick for both Tomb Guardians. They only get SPP from casualties so this will get them to their next skill faster (and hopefully a double for that all important Block). Break Tackle is nice on Big guys but Tomb Guardians are pretty slow which hurts its value a bit. Guard is also an option to beef up your other player's strength and it's hard to knock a TG away so his Guard ability will be pretty reliable. I personally would grab MB on both but that's just me.

For the Throw-Ra, Block all the way. Nothing else really comes close to it for a Throw-Ra to me.

The hard player to pick for is the Blitz-Ra. Mighty Blow can lead to a "killer" build with Piling On and Frenzy. Guard can lead to a fast (for Khemri anyway) support build with Stand Firm and (hopefully) Dodge. I'm not too much of a fan of Tackle (this early on) unless you know what teams you're going to face and know you'll have alot of Dodge to deal with.

Rusty

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Thanks, I've gone for 3x Mighty Blow. The second Blitz-Ra will become a support player with Guard first (unless I roll a stat or double).

Narly Bird

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
My Gobs can breath a sigh of relief seeing as you didnt pick tackle! Fingers crossed that during our rematch i dont disconnect on turn 15 like last match. Very frustrating considering how close the match was! At least i caused -MA on a TG, so had some revenge. :D

Rusty

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
It was only that disconnection that allowed the TGs to skill up since they were both given free TDs! Luckily my first Throw-Ra is only 4 SPP away from his second skill, which will be Tackle unless he rolls a double or a stat. :p

Narly Bird

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Thanks for the match Rusty. Although you got lucky with injuries early on, it seemed that i got lucky with all dice after that.

Am looking forward to a rematch sometime. Although not looking forward to facing 4 TG's!

Rusty

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Speaking of four TGs, a third one got another skill. I rolled 6+4, but I doubt MA or AV is going to be any better than a skill. So either more Mighty Blow or maybe Guard and I'm still tempted by Break Tackle (or maybe I should just use them better...).

Barninho

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
+1. My OCC Khemri will all be getting it first skill. You will start to see some casualties once that happens. You got four mummies who suffer slightly more when injured, and that for me is the major advantage of Khemri.

Rusty

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
After a brutal game against Barninho's Undead (causing 7 cas from 13 armour breaks), the team is now:

Throw-Ra, 15 SPP (Block)
Throw-Ra, 9 SPP (Block)
Blitz-Ra, 12 SPP (Mighty Blow)
Blitz-Ra, 6 SPP
2x Tomb Guardian, 15/7 SPP (Mighty Blow)
Tomb Guardian, 21 SPP (Mighty Blow)
Tomb Guardian, 2 SPP
4x Skeleton, 5/4/0/0 SPP
Skeleton, 7 SPP (Block)
4 Rerolls

Both bold players rolled a normal skill. I wouldn't mind a supporting Blitz-Ra so I'm leaning towards Guard for him, although given how well mass Mighty Blow went in this match I'm tempted by that instead. For the TG I think I'd prefer Guard or Break Tackle to Stand Firm or Grab, but I can't decide. Thoughts?

Barninho

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
I don't think you NEED guard yet. I had plenty and still got overpowered. I think you can wait for a TG to get their second skill.

What you do need is Tackle. That'd be my pick.

Mico Selva

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
I'd also go with Tackle on the Blitz-Ra.

As for the TG, it really depends on Your playstyle. When I play Khemri, I really miss at least one really mobile TG, who does not get bogged down and marked out of the game by a Zombie, so I'd go with Break Tackle. If You feel the same way, Id' recoomend the skill as a remedy.
On the other hand, if You have more problems with keeping the cage from falling apart, go with Stand Firm / Guard / Grab - whichever You consider most useful. Just remember it's probably a long way to go before this guy gets a third skill.

Rusty

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Unless they roll a stat or a double, both Throw-Ras will likely be getting Tackle for their next skill as there's not a lot else useful to give them - except Fend maybe. So I won't give it to a Blitz-Ra now, when one Throw-Ra is only 1 SPP away.