1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Knockout Round Quarterfinals Results

Discussion in 'World Cup' started by notafunhater, Apr 6, 2016.

1. notafunhater

notafunhater Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    notafunhater
    Country Flag:
  2. AzraelEVA

AzraelEVA Active Member

Country Flag:
    Hoerspiel Helden won 2 - 1 vs the House of Light

notafunhater likes this.
  3. Mercy Flush

Mercy Flush Member

Country Flag:
    go on division Jordell!!!

notafunhater likes this.
  4. notafunhater

Cyanide Username:
    notafunhater
    Country Flag:
  5. dynamoDes

dynamoDes Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    dynamoDes
    Country Flag:
    Well, sometimes WElves gonna Welf. After failing to stop the first half TD vs @Mercy Flush's Dwarves and being down three players I somehow came out a 2-1 winner. Who knew a freak dancer could win a game single-handedly (with some helpful both down's preventing Mercy getting close enough to hit my desperation T15-6 defense), but would only turn it on when I was out of re-rolls. To top it off the same dancer rolled a double (he's already STR4 MB - no bloat here at all :confused:).

Mercy Flush likes this.
  6. Skabott

Skabott Member

Country Flag:
    Black Heart Saints won a squeaker 1-0 over _Plaguebearers_. I still insist that the Gutter Runners were wearing plate mail. ;)

mamutas likes this.
  7. mamutas

mamutas Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    mamutas
    Cyanide Username:
    mamutas
    Country Flag:
    Congrats to Skabott for squeezing my rats out of their skins and winning 1 to nothing.

Rats managed to stop Chaos in the first half, but came back to the field with 9 players only vs full 11. The losses continued and by the time Chaos took the ball, there were 5 Rats vs 10 Chaos on the field. The beastmen caged up near TD zone and were not in the rush. One lucky GR dodged into the cage and forced Dump Off beastman to pass the ball against 3 red dice rolls. The Dump Off failed and GR went to pick it up in 3 TZ, but failed here. 6 Beastmen blocked off the lonely GR, while Sure Hands one picked the ball. Another Blitz failed due to 1 on the dodge and then it was game.

GG, Skabott and GL in the future. Go and win that ticket!

8. mamutas

mamutas Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    mamutas
    Cyanide Username:
    mamutas
    Country Flag:
    Yeah, in the first half, but then someone stole it from the lockers :(

9. patbou73

patbou73 Active Member

Country Flag:
    Congratulation to @NachoRnR for his 3-1 victory over my team.

Not sure who was the most unlucky, or luckiest, but Nuffle granted opponent a Blitz, full recovery from 4 KO at half time, and 2 successful leap+blitz on my caged ball carrier (1D block each time, both Defender Down result with no RR needed). We traded control for the ball 3 times in the first half, and I did the stupid thing of throwing the ball. Fumbled the pass and opponent was able to score. His Wizard made certain I wouldn't score before the end of first half.

The second half was a mess too. He managed a defensive TD, then I scored my first TD. 2-1 at that point, and I was sincerly hoping I could even the score before the end of T16. I took some risks, but I was low on RR (oh, Nuffle granted an extra RR, but not to me), and couldn't be as lucky as my opponent was in the first half blitzing the ball carrier. All those risks granted opponent the chance of scoring a third TD on T16... :(

I'm happy for my opponent, but sincerely disappointed by this game. I sure wasn't feeling very well (probably fever or something), and ran out of time on the first 2 turns. I don't know how that is possible with 4 minutes, but it happened and 2 players each time didn't moved at all. I couldn't see the possibilities, took forever to see half good plays, and didn't manage to translate those in successful actions.

Here ends my hopes for the World Cup. Probably a good thing as I was way too stressed by this tournament. Now my team can join Munch Cup with a 12th player, and I can start having fun again. :)

10. fe2mike

fe2mike New Member

Cyanide Username:
    fe2mike
    Country Flag:
    Ironskull Juggernauts 2-1 over the Pale and Furious

11. notafunhater

Cyanide Username:
    notafunhater
    Country Flag:
    Jankis' Dirty Fangs defeated my Faydarks Champions 2-1 in overtime.

We gave up an early defensive TD on a failed handoff that scattered into the open, but managed to equalize at half thanks to a nifty offensive play. Jankis then failed a vanity pass that scattered to my side of the line of scrimmage on his first turn of the second half. We collected it and caged, but down on players, we couldn't go anywhere, both our teams mired in the center of the field until we burned a fireball to recover the ball and got a breakaway on turn 14. His 4ST Vermin managed to blitz down my catcher on a double GFI, and he marked up the ball. We then failed a dodge to pick up the ball and score the winner on turn 15. He tried his own score, but it was intercepted by the tree. I pushed a lino in handoff range to run it to my Wardancer who was in scoring range, but the handoff failed, sending us to overtime. He received the ball and thanks thanks to an 11-8 man advantage, caged and traipsed down the field for the winning score. We did get a couple of desperation shots at the ball, but couldn't recover it after it was on the ground.

12. Replikant

Replikant Member

Country Flag:
    Seems to have been a dramatic game. Also, by the sound of it, Nuffle was having a field day.

13. Valdas

Valdas New Member

Country Flag:
    It was really difficult and tense match. I done couple mistakes but fix them with good defence.

14. Otherguy

Otherguy Active Member

Country Flag:
    Wood you believe it 4 : 1 Breagan Daerthe
    GG @20phoenix , you deserve the win cause you played much better. Good luck for the next rounds :)

15. Veggente85

Veggente85 Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    VeggenteBBT
    Cyanide Username:
    Veggente
    Country Flag:
    Miragliano Bulls 2 : 1 Red One Hit Harder in the overtime.

Despite a huge difference of team value (1400 vs 1200) and guard spam, @CakeOrrDeath was able to score a sneaky TD in the six turn. However, in a quite desperate situation with no reroll, long pass, and marked Blitzer, Miragliano Bulls were able to equalize the game before the half-time. In the second half, the home team was unable to quit its own half, and they even lose the control of the ball after that a fireball (which injuried a Black Orc) opened a way for a blitz on their Thrower. However, a last gasp defense avoided the worst, and also concatenated a streak of injuries that left the Red One Hit Harder in 8 players for the overtime. I will stop by saying that Miragliano Bulls won the coin toss, useless to say what this implied...

A well played @CakeOrrDeath that crafted his way to the victory, just to see Nuffle breaks it slapping his face...

Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
  16. CakeOrrDeath

CakeOrrDeath Active Member

Country Flag:
    Gg Veggente was a fun game. Good luck in the next round.

17. Azura

Azura Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ibispi
    Country Flag:
    [​IMG]

Nains portent Quoi? (ptitseb/sebiba) 1 : 2 Cthulhu Ftaghn! (Azura/Ibispi)

The elves had an easy start, with many dwarven players (including the death roller) being stunned at the first kick off event. The elves stalled almost the entire first half. The second half, wizard allowed elves to take the 2:0 advantage while the dwarves were attacking and that pretty much settled the game. Sebiba played very well and almost had a chance to score on the very last turn. But Nuffle just wasn't on his side, unfortunately. Gg wp Sebiba.

18. Balsha

Balsha Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Balsha
    Country Flag:
    Woot, All-Serbian Semifinals ! This way we are guaranteed to have a representative in the finals :D (Also, thank god i do not need to play against those dorfs)

19. sebiba

sebiba New Member

Country Flag:
    defeat for the dwarf sniffff, congratulation Ibispi and good luck for the competition!!!
    go to the ticket...
    Bye and i hope see you again in open or other ligue.

Seb.

Azura likes this.
  20. Steynberg

Steynberg Member

Cyanide Username:
    von_Steynberg
    Country Flag:
    Well, I lost 1:2 against @Squall . Had a very lucky first half, because Squall had a lot of 1s, his wizard kind of failed and I was 1:0 up. He scored quickly in the second half outof a difficult situation for him, which was ok for me. So everything was fine until I moved my ballcarrier to much up on the field and he was able to get the ball. I still had some dices on his ballcarrier witch, but no pow and he was able to score on turn 16. GG Squall and good luck in the tournament.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016