1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Knockout Round Quarterfinals Results

Discussion in 'World Cup' started by notafunhater, Apr 6, 2016.

1. antman

antman New Member

Country Flag:
    Morg, the Ostland Oxes progress to semi finals after a 1-0 win against Drakarna lizzards.
    First half was close with neither side capable of scoring but he lizardmen were two players down due to an injured saurus and a KO'd skink.
    Second half despite pressing the human ball carrier the Drakarna team forgot to wear their armor and after 3 additional injuries, the pitch was wide open for the Oxes who scored the winning goal on turn 16.
    Thanks for the game Willpower. Not the best of luck today

2. coldy

coldy Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    coldy
    Country Flag:
    Slibli / coldy vs @cHip_UK : 2-0 for the dark elves.

well played mate, thanks for the game.
    btw you entered to my blacklist , i will get my revenge one day... :(

3. cHip_UK

cHip_UK Member

Country Flag:
    Fun game @coldy. Englands Greatest versus a killer dark elves team. They shredded through my paper thin human armour for the majority of the game. My team only started to stand up for themselves in the last 4 turns. The human ogre was chasing shadows all game as were most of the team. So much so that the team wizard got that annoyed with the general lack of grit, determination and quality on show that he fireballed Coldy's star Witch Elf to death. A brief smile appeared on the players faces but the game slipped away. We nearly scored on 3 occasions for Human pride but those dastardly dark elves thwarted then with a little of nuffles help!

All in all a disappointing end to a up and down tournament showing for the Greatest. They will regroup and prepare to salvage some pride in the Munch Cup.

Final score 0-2, Best of luck in the next round Coldy, gg.

Cheers,

Chip.

4. SlyAnimal

SlyAnimal Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    PapaNasty
    Country Flag:
    The NZ Deceivers (DE) 2 - 1 Isometric SRPGs (Dwf)
    (Overtime)

Well this was the first time that I've ever had to go into overtime for a game, which was interesting.

Anyway, the match started terribly for The Deceivers, with the Isometric SRPGs getting a blitz, although they weren't able to capitalize on it, and The Deceivers saw an opportunity to surf someone, it just required 1x GFI. Unfortunately double 1s ensured, which then allowed the Dwarves to secure the ball and start shuffling it upfield. This half was plagued with failed dodges & GFI for The Deceivers, who had another set of double 1s on the next GFI they attempted as well. The dwarves attempted to stall, but there was enough pressure that they opted to score on T6, giving The Deceivers 3 turns to equalize.

The NZ Deceivers 0 - 1 Isometric SRPGs

The NZ Deceivers then stacked one side, rushed upfield and formed a screen with their runner having multiple dumpoff targets available if the dwarves were able to blitz through the screen. However, the Dwarves had a Magician in the crowd cast a fireball, knocking down all 3 targets, including the ball carrier. They then grabbed the ball and sprinted downfield. Unfortunately for them though, as they neared the TD line, with only 2x GFIs remaining, they failed and fell to the floor.

Half time 0-1

The Dwarves attempted to form a cage and move it downfield, but the Dark Elves surrounded them, forcing multiple 1d blocks which left the Dwarves in disarray, at which point they offered up a 2d block to the Dark Elves on their ball carrier. The Dwarven carrier dodged away though, but was caught between a rock and a hard place, as the elves swarmed around the dwarven players, waiting to pounce. And pounce they did, knocking free the ball, which was then eventually sent upfield for a TD.

Fulltime 1 - 1

Overtime began with the Dark Elves having 2x rerolls remaining, while the Dwarves were down to 0. This was balanced out though, by the dwarves being able to receive the ball. However the kick landed in the ingoal area, forcing them to split their players up. The Dark Elves then drove a wedge between them, separating the carrier and 3x others from the rest of his team. The Dwarves weren't able to break through the wedge, and the Dark Elves got another 2d block on the ball carrier, but he dodged, so they burnt a reroll, and he dodged again!!

The wedge started to crumble at the dwarven onslaught, but they were still separated from their players. At which point the Deceivers decided to try something else, since this dodgey dwarven carrier wouldn't go down. Throwing 2x red dice at the carrier, the carrier elected a dodge, perhaps with a snicker at the ineffectiveness of the Dark Elf attack. But this was all to plan, with the Dark Elves pushing him into a position where a push on one of his teammates was able to then push the ball carrier out over the sideline. The crowd, impressed with the ingenuity and bravery of the Dark Elf team then threw the ball back into the field near a Dark Elf blitzer, who was able to scoop it up and then run in a touchdown for the win.

Final Score:
    The NZ Deceviers 2 - 1 Isometric SRPGs

Final Thoughts:

This game seemed so far out of reach in the first half, where my luck really wasn't happening for me, but its all swings and roundabouts, with some good luck coming my way during overtime (Perfectly placed kick + red dice coming off + no "bad" luck as such). So now I head through to the semi finals with seriously injured players & a full bank balance (I might replace my Witchelf which died during my 2nd game lol) while knowing that I'm now only 2 victories away from a World Cup invite.

Edit:

Oh and here are the game stats for anyone interested.

http://www.mordrek.com/BB2Stats/gam...06b0bc5d0883b3657bf5_2016-04-13_23_52_36.bbrz

5. RTSD

RTSD Active Member

Country Flag:
    Gengar/Genessius 0-2 RTSD

Elves take the game as humies got spotted by ref and leave pitch in droves.

6. Genessius

Genessius Active Member

Country Flag:
    *newsflash* Coach spotted hanging head in shame at the local strip club spending all of the teams treasury and winnings, this is the end for the Westerland Wyverns !! Coach won't be having to much fun with those strippers though since the winnings were only a roll of 1, good for a dwarven stripper probably.Also no burial for the injured and dead blitzer, they can be rotted compost for the next bloodbowl field theyl create.

7. jounisii

jounisii Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    jounisii
    Country Flag:
    Pansies grabbed their 4th 3-0 win of this WCQ run against Archange's brets. But these wussies couldn't beat a grandma with a rollator after this one: tacklestep WD died and blodgeguard catcher is MNG. Bye bye WCQ dreams.

GG Archange.

8. Jeliel

Jeliel Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Jeliel
    Country Flag:
    Jeliel "Grimgor Riders" Orc 1 - 0 Under7 "Khaine's Progeny" DaE

Nuffle wanted to have a field day with easy failed rolls, snake eyes and even fizzle wizzard, but in the end blessed the Orcs that prevailed with a very narrow victory.

9. NieA7

NieA7 Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    NieA7
    Cyanide Username:
    Under7
    Country Flag:
    I think the highlight for me was the start of the match. I was defending but got a blitz, grabbed the ball and made off. Then I tried to use the rookie witch - over two consecutive turns out of 9 block dice 8 came up :skull: or :bothdown:.

10. notorious noob

notorious noob Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    2-1 win against St Cloud (OT)

Lucky to walk away with the win, played poorly with some dice punishment on top. Leaving me very close to losing twice. Will have to step up my game in order to get a ticket for the WC

11. St Cloud

St Cloud Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    St. Cloud
    Country Flag:
    My Darkies go out to Noobs....and am rather bitter....

1-0 at half time after i managed to score despite some good defence without offering a shot at the BC..

2nd half i put the ball too the ground twice but Noob managed to retaliate with a flurry of pows & 3 or 4 armour breaks each time and made the 1-1 on T16. He goes into the 2nd half with 11-10 but no rr (not that he needed any). Noob wins the toss secures the ball but failes an unnecessary dodge with his blodger carrying the ball...i have RR and need a pick up and hand off to win the game...1...RR on the pick up...1...on the hand off puts the ball back on the ground and noob goes and does the same again and just takes off half my team blodger or not without blinking...

Congrtz & gl in the semis

12. Replikant

Replikant Member

Country Flag:
    Well, Antonis Blitz BBC kicked my Terror from the depths out of the tournament with 2:0.

It was well played on Antonis side, but I have to say this (running danger of sounding like a complete whiner): I have seldom before played such a one-sided game in terms of luck. KO rolls, bash-rolls, armour rolls, ballhandling, apo performance, you name it. In terms of snake-eyes the final score was 3:0, the first of which (pickup) made me go down 1:0 in my offensive in turn 2, since I couldn't recover the ball from the wardancer with 3 two-dicers. The only reroll on Antonis side in the first half was the wardancer jumping into my cake in turn 7, downing my dodge/sure hands carrier (reroll needed) and then promptly catching the bouncing ball. In my turn 8 I managed to take down the wardancer with another 3 two-dicers (Blitzer, then witch) but, unfortunately, the one blitzer who had already blocked caught the ball and I couldn't even try to equalize.
    Second half didn't see a change in luck. Jumping into the cage I couldn't down the wardancer who had caught the high kick. I did manage to injure him late in the drive with a desperate witch-dodge, which cost me my last reroll, but by then I was seriously down on manpower and I immediately lost the ball, my faith in nuffle and, shortly after, the match. Antonis even had to use a reroll in second half (for cosmetic reasons).
    I've made a few mistakes, I am afraid, but there was really nothing I could do to win this mess. Still, this being my first ever playing BB2, first ever playing outside of a small private league and first ever playing Dark Elves at all, my luck was bound to run out, I suspect.

GG, mate, go forth and win the cup.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
  13. TwoScoops

TwoScoops Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    MSG Musculo
    Cyanide Username:
    TwoScoops
    Country Flag:
    Just lost 3:0 against @twitch.tv/the_Sage_BB - two critical miscues on my part led to two scores. This one was a tight game up until I flubbed my cage movement early on in my offensive drive of the 2nd half. It didn't help that he had a few blitzes thrown in there for good measure either ;). Regardless, The Sage was certainly the better coach who deserved to move on in the tourney. I'm just happy I actually made it to the bracket! Best of luck to the Sage moving forward - thanks for the game!

14. twitch.tv/the_Sage_BB

twitch.tv/the_Sage_BB Active Member

Country Flag:
    Thanks! I wrote a bit of a match report here, for those interested. The full video with commentary will be in this playlist soonish (the 7 matches of the round robin are already there).
    may take a while) Looking forward to the semi vs @jounisii!

Ooh, gefeliciteerd deMaster! Did I forget, or didn't you mention in chat that you were also Dutch, by the way?

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
  15. notorious noob

notorious noob Well-Known Member

Country Flag:

Pretty sure there was some offhand mention but that would be quite a while ago so not that crazy you dont know. And that was my quarters from nearly a week ago now ^^

16. Orielensis

Orielensis Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    Orielensis
    Cyanide Username:
    Orielensis
    Country Flag:
    Dutch = OP. Nerf inc!

mamutas likes this.
  17. mamutas

mamutas Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username: