Necromantic Last min Tactics for a game tonight

crimsonsun

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
crimsonsun
Country Flag
So I am playing a game using Necromantic against Undead over in a UKBBL cup competition, but it seems I have totally forgotten how to use Necromantic teams lately and have lost 3 in a row.. While the results are not so important for another 3 weeks after which it becomes a knock out competition so I really need to get my head in gear, I just do not seem to be able to control the pitch like I am used to. Most likely is that I am trying to use the team as something they are not either as elves, or Khemri.

The last two matches have not been against teams that really pose a physical threat to my team, so my sloppy results have not been punished in terms of player lose, in fact I have been pretty brutal in my dismantling of the opposing teams, having 17 casualties in 2 matches this season. Yet my defence has been abysmal conceding 6 touch downs and scoring 3, this cannot go on...

My team is not built with optimisation in mind instead they are something fun for me to use but I still feel they should be able to gain results and make my opponents work a lot harder.

My Current Roster:
Crufts%20Show%20Team%20SPCup.JPG

My opposition:
Apathetic.aspx

My team has lost just about every positional player, which is why the development is so varied, but I have enjoyed putting them back together and the different ways in which they have developed. Mr Fluffles my wolf has been stuck in his current level for seemingly forever, his lack of block is highly debilitating to say the least, and in fact his counter part Pom Pom was on 0spp when he still have 40spp, I could maybe lose some zombies and gain a reroll but generally I like having 14 players, and I feel I should not need that extra investment.

Looking at my opposing roster I am fairly sure its not been updated fully, as I know both mummies have block, which with the str 6 is likely to be rather troublesome. The ghouls are problematic also as my team seriously is lacking in tackle, it seems whenever I get a replacement they die, or when I plan to add tackle they instead gain an increase that is difficult to turn down....

I am clearly the weaker of the two teams in terms of strength but I have more guard, and more Ma so I should be able to place my strength where needed, which will hopefully give me the advantage where I need it. My team is VERY quick, but it has not really been a feature I have effectively used in my last few matches, and I feel this in part could be contributing to my poor performance...

Thanks for your advice guys... Crimsonsun...

Last edited by a moderator:

Lebe666

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Having faced a full of MB Necro team with my own CC Elite... I find too much MB is a waste. The wolves need plenty of guard in order to make frenzy safer and to outmuscle bash team, and be able to tie down less bashy in many ways.

Also to really make lots of MB effective you need more guard... or your team just gets into a big scrum with few 2 die blocks... relying on casualties sometimes doesn't work.

Controlling the clock is your best chance. On defense put 3 zombies LOS and keep your wolves and ghouls protected behind a 2 FG and 1 zombie covering (2 steps behind LOS). Your wolves can in this way move around a backfield cage... or run into their backfield on a blitz event.

U gotta build up those FGs urgently... they should be your linchpin... but with no skills... urggh

As for tactics on defense... keep a minimum screen just ahead of the ball. Some zombies on wings and keep relocating positionals to block the way. When time runs out a non agile team will have to make a run for it... use wolves move to go around screens. Another option is if your FG can blitz a cage corner and mark the ball... then throw another positional. This works best with skilled FG. A Wrackler Ghoul is best safety if you can build one.

Last edited:

crimsonsun

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
crimsonsun
Country Flag
Lol like I mentioned all my positional players bite the dust, I lost a superstar strength 4 wolf and a level 4 golem in one game, the following match my other wolf died, then a couple of matches later the other golem bit the dust... You know how slow golems are too level, and Ive not really been in a position to feed them touchdowns. I considered taking guard over +str but the strength increase was just too good to refuse. I previously had both golems with guard and a ghoul with guard, so I lost 3 guards in ten matches.

Too be fair though I dont tend to use the wolves for blitzing, the wights are better, the block dodge wolf sometimes fills in as a sweeper but ive been trying to score with them more than anything attempting to use there Ma, rather than make risky blocks. once I get a couple more levels the team will be better guard wise again - well until another player bites the dust.

It is refreshing though this team has seen a lot of different player builds....

Lebe666

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Set a FG plus a wight to screen sidelines and run a wolf/ghoul with ball... usually holds back bash teams. Problem is all those Undead Ghouls...