1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Launch of Destiny 2

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Ilgoth, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Ilgoth

Ilgoth Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    Ilgoth
    Cyanide Username:
    Ilgoth
    Country Flag:
    I have joined Destiny 2 hype, and had it on pre-order. Just played first four missions, I am enjoying it quite a lot.

Anyone else from BBT who plays it? I'm in a clan that's pretty much my older brother and his gaming friends.

2. Regor

Regor Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    I played destiny 1 in ps4, but this time i will go for pc, so no realease yet. Did u played destiny 1?

3. Ilgoth

Ilgoth Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    Ilgoth
    Cyanide Username:
    Ilgoth
    Country Flag:
    Yeah yes I did. Pretty much completed all the content earlier this year! At least for now I feel they put more rounds to their storywork, based on the first hour of playtime it looks and feels like an exciting campaign!

4. Sataric

Sataric Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    Sataric
    Cyanide Username:
    Sataric
    Country Flag:
    I've decided that I will try the Beta (For the PC version) - If I find it enjoyable, then I will likely purchase it. It looks good, I have to say.

5. stephB

stephB Active Member

Steam Username:
    stephB
    Cyanide Username:
    stephB
    Country Flag:
    Not got time for another shooter, still having too much fun with PUBG.

6. Sataric

Steam Username:
    Sataric
    Cyanide Username:
    Sataric
    Country Flag:
    I'm playing a lot of that too. Ever since the First Person servers came out, the game has gone from pretty good to friggin' great in my eyes. I really like the tactical aspect that PUBG offers over most other shooters. Now I just need to learn how to do great with other weapons besides the SKS. :p

7. stephB

stephB Active Member

Steam Username:
    stephB
    Cyanide Username:
    stephB
    Country Flag:
    I tried the first person a couple of times, it made me feel sick, but I really should give it another go. I am pretty decent at it and have won maybe 10 solo games in 3rd person, although that is out of maybe 200 games :rolleyes:

8. Sataric

Steam Username:
    Sataric
    Cyanide Username:
    Sataric
    Country Flag:
    I've heard other people complain about it making them feel sick or dizzy, but there is a decent solution for this (in my opinion) - First, up the Field of View slider significantly so that your vision isn't quite as narrowly restricted - I'd set it to at least 100 - And then secondly remove the Motion Blur. Hopefully that would help quite a bit. Good luck, and let me know if you ever want to team up. (I play mostly Squad)

9. stephB

stephB Active Member

Steam Username:
    stephB
    Cyanide Username:
    stephB
    Country Flag:
    Sure man, hit me up on Steam! :)

10. Sataric

Steam Username:
    Sataric
    Cyanide Username:
    Sataric
    Country Flag:
    Getting back on topic: Looking into it more closely, it would appear that the scheduled open beta for the PC release of Destiny 2 has already taken place (28th-31st of August), and I might have missed out on it. Oops! :( The PC release date is said to be 24th of October though, according to the sources I've found.

Ilgoth likes this.
  11. Ilgoth

Ilgoth Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    Ilgoth
    Cyanide Username:
    Ilgoth
    Country Flag:
    Yeah beta is over.

I will see how I feel, if my american friends get it on PC I might be forced to buy it on PC as well - just to get in games with them as well.