LC S2 MD1 Reporting Thread

Znarx

Courier Staff
Cyanide Username
Znarx
Country Flag
Devoid of Rock get a 2-1 win over The Foreigners.

Rough day for the Halflings. The Chef was off his game, only taking one reroll in each half. They also failed to pick the ball up several times. Game ended with 8 CAS'ed Halflings, 5 of them at the hands of Tori Almost, my Mighty Blow Blitzer. The game was pretty lopsided once the CAS started rolling in.

Ilgoth

Courier Staff
Steam Username
Ilgoth
Cyanide Username
Ilgoth
Country Flag
My dorfs gave rough pounding to Goblins lead by @Impoz

2-0 win but one Long Beard died and one MNG. 21SPP for me, but no level ups.

Znarx

Courier Staff
Cyanide Username
Znarx
Country Flag
My dorfs gave rough pounding to Goblins lead by @Impoz

2-0 win but one Long Beard died and one MNG. 21SPP for me, but no level ups.
Ouch, that's a costly win. Please tell me the Long Beard at least died in an entertaining fashion, like being landed on by a thrown Goblin or something.

Ilgoth

Courier Staff
Steam Username
Ilgoth
Cyanide Username
Ilgoth
Country Flag
Ouch, that's a costly win. Please tell me the Long Beard at least died in an entertaining fashion, like being landed on by a thrown Goblin or something.

Lonely troll was smart enough to blitz him into a death. :(:(

Sataric

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Sataric
Cyanide Username
Sataric
Country Flag

He got his face smashed in by a grumpy Troll. :D I witnessed it on Cabal TV.

Hazbot

Star Player
Cyanide Username
Hazbot
Country Flag
Sorta Fast Sorta Furious (Orc) 0 - 1 Drakenhof High (Necromantic)

A lot of slow, dependable play and good RNG went into Drakenhof's first win in the Little Crunch, it wasn't what I would call an exciting game, but after a highly chaotic and frankly, ridiculous last game in Season 1 versus Chaylor Swift (a game I didn't bother writing a summary for because it would consist entirely of me asking myself what I was thinking and then noting how yet another turn, both for me and for Martin, ended in a turnover on the very first action) I wasn't planning on playing it risky.

First Half - First Drive (0 - 0)

I win the coin toss and elect to kick. I've come to prefer kicking on the first drive because it gives you a better opportunity to see how your opponent likes to play. In Mynimo's case, that turns out to be quite aggressively. I set up with wide, deep screens, and Mynimo responds with a strong side-heavy formation. The intent there was to smash through with overwhelming force and thus clear a path to the end zone. I stalled going to war for as long as possible (it helps that most of Necro's players are perfectly happy to take block after block after block) until Myni brought over his whole team to the scrap happening at the sidelines and it was no longer possible to screen him off.

What followed was a big, confusing fight, but basically: SFSF's players were packed into a tight square, while Drakenhof were lined up in front and to one side of them. After many blocks, Drakenhof managed to get a Flesh Golem into the cage, and then, another one got in. This was a worst-case scenario for SFSF, because a large number of players were tied up in knocking them down, and although they did manage to consistently down the two Franks, Stand Firm ensured that they couldn't be removed. Drakenhof also had ample opportunity to chain push players in and out of wherever they pleased. The Orcs were doing a great job knocking the Necros down, but they weren't getting through.

With time being against them, SFSF took advantage of the lone Ghoul now guarding the sidelines on his own (a mistake on my part) to punch a hole through the defence and squeeze a blitzer through, carrying the ball. He was alone and undefended, and although Drakenhof was comprehensively tied up, a few dodges and a blitz secured the ball for Drakenhof.

Myni makes a solid attempt at recapturing the ball by making a few dodges and blocking a couple Wights, but by the time he rolls for the pickup, his luck has run out, and so have his rerolls. Drakenhof successfully halted the Orcs' drive.

Second Half - First Drive (0 - 0)

Seeing that Sorta Fast Sorta Furious like to get stuck in, the plan for the drive was to outmanoeuvre them: The slow and tough players would try and mark as many Orcs as possible, while the fast players would run around the tied-up opposition. The front lines of both teams wobbled back and forth for a while, whenever the ball carrier was in danger he simply danced away to the other side of the pitch, but nothing really happened until turn 13, when all of Myni's screens on his right side ended their turn in contact with my players. I seized on the opportunity and threw Zombies and Flesh Golems at his players until they were all marked, save for 1 player who was too far away to do anything, and another who would have to make it through a screen alone. Myni saw what happened and tried to free his players, but a number of poor block dice (lots of push/push) prevented him from doing so effectively.

A small number of Drakenhof's players made it through a gap at the sidelines, whilst others acted as a roadblock against any Orcs that wanted to go help the outnumbered defenders. SFSF puts together a screen but without enough available players to do that, all it takes is a two dice-block and two GFIs to get to the endzone.

Second Half - Second Drive (0 - 1)

The Orcs have precisely two turns to score and once again set up side-heavy to force a breakthrough, but a favourable kick-off event allows the Necros to re-position their defenders in response. Basically: the ball lands deep, and the one Orc who did get in scoring range on turn 15 gets mauled by a Werewolf.

Final Score (0 - 1)

This was a good game for Drakenhof, although once again, the Werewolf didn't manage to contribute much, although that might have something to do with the fact that it gets targeted in every game. Two players levelled-up: a Zombie and the Ghoul, and I saved up enough money to get a second Werewolf, which should hopefully make the Wolves a harder problem to deal with. GG Myni, and good luck with the rest of the games in the season!

Mynimo1

Super Star Player
Steam Username
mynimo6
Cyanide Username
Mynimo1
Country Flag
Sorta Fast Sorta Furious (Orc) 0 - 1 Drakenhof High (Necromantic)

A lot of slow, dependable play and good RNG went into Drakenhof's first win in the Little Crunch, it wasn't what I would call an exciting game, but after a highly chaotic and frankly, ridiculous last game in Season 1 versus Chaylor Swift (a game I didn't bother writing a summary for because it would consist entirely of me asking myself what I was thinking and then noting how yet another turn, both for me and for Martin, ended in a turnover on the very first action) I wasn't planning on playing it risky.

First Half - First Drive (0 - 0)

I win the coin toss and elect to kick. I've come to prefer kicking on the first drive because it gives you a better opportunity to see how your opponent likes to play. In Mynimo's case, that turns out to be quite aggressively. I set up with wide, deep screens, and Mynimo responds with a strong side-heavy formation. The intent there was to smash through with overwhelming force and thus clear a path to the end zone. I stalled going to war for as long as possible (it helps that most of Necro's players are perfectly happy to take block after block after block) until Myni brought over his whole team to the scrap happening at the sidelines and it was no longer possible to screen him off.

What followed was a big, confusing fight, but basically: SFSF's players were packed into a tight square, while Drakenhof were lined up in front and to one side of them. After many blocks, Drakenhof managed to get a Flesh Golem into the cage, and then, another one got in. This was a worst-case scenario for SFSF, because a large number of players were tied up in knocking them down, and although they did manage to consistently down the two Franks, Stand Firm ensured that they couldn't be removed. Drakenhof also had ample opportunity to chain push players in and out of wherever they pleased. The Orcs were doing a great job knocking the Necros down, but they weren't getting through.

With time being against them, SFSF took advantage of the lone Ghoul now guarding the sidelines on his own (a mistake on my part) to punch a hole through the defence and squeeze a blitzer through, carrying the ball. He was alone and undefended, and although Drakenhof was comprehensively tied up, a few dodges and a blitz secured the ball for Drakenhof.

Myni makes a solid attempt at recapturing the ball by making a few dodges and blocking a couple Wights, but by the time he rolls for the pickup, his luck has run out, and so have his rerolls. Drakenhof successfully halted the Orcs' drive.

Second Half - First Drive (0 - 0)

Seeing that Sorta Fast Sorta Furious like to get stuck in, the plan for the drive was to outmanoeuvre them: The slow and tough players would try and mark as many Orcs as possible, while the fast players would run around the tied-up opposition. The front lines of both teams wobbled back and forth for a while, whenever the ball carrier was in danger he simply danced away to the other side of the pitch, but nothing really happened until turn 13, when all of Myni's screens on his right side ended their turn in contact with my players. I seized on the opportunity and threw Zombies and Flesh Golems at his players until they were all marked, save for 1 player who was too far away to do anything, and another who would have to make it through a screen alone. Myni saw what happened and tried to free his players, but a number of poor block dice (lots of push/push) prevented him from doing so effectively.

A small number of Drakenhof's players made it through a gap at the sidelines, whilst others acted as a roadblock against any Orcs that wanted to go help the outnumbered defenders. SFSF puts together a screen but without enough available players to do that, all it takes is a two dice-block and two GFIs to get to the endzone.

Second Half - Second Drive (0 - 1)

The Orcs have precisely two turns to score and once again set up side-heavy to force a breakthrough, but a favourable kick-off event allows the Necros to re-position their defenders in response. Basically: the ball lands deep, and the one Orc who did get in scoring range on turn 15 gets mauled by a Werewolf.

Final Score (0 - 1)

This was a good game for Drakenhof, although once again, the Werewolf didn't manage to contribute much, although that might have something to do with the fact that it gets targeted in every game. Two players levelled-up: a Zombie and the Ghoul, and I saved up enough money to get a second Werewolf, which should hopefully make the Wolves a harder problem to deal with. GG Myni, and good luck with the rest of the games in the season!
Good Game Haz - 1 of these days I am going to actually figure out how to grind out a score. Good luck in your remaining matches Hazbot

LloydsGamble

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
LloydsGamble
Country Flag
Elements of Elf 2 - 0 Norkse

Hard fought win in the end, Orcs played a strong defense and Elves had to keep working the pitch to eventually find an opening on the left turn 7 and score turn 8. Managed to do pretty well in the block war but the Orc AV9 held true as you'd expect.

Second half the elves managed to put enough pressure on the Orc cage to cause it to turn into a bit of a scrap on the right sideline. Eventually the Elves were able to sack the ball and retrieve and run in the turn 16 score.

GG @mamutas, good luck in your next two games

Sataric

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Sataric
Cyanide Username
Sataric
Country Flag
In Division 4A, two absolutely identical Pro Elves team emerged from the mist..

Incandescent - (Coached by myself) VS Zinzinnati Bunguls (Coached by @Mike Mccarthy )

This was a silly match. That is the only way I can truly describe it. Although technically the dice logs after the game shows about an equal number of bad dice rolled by both teams, the Bunguls kept rolling all of their 1's on the crucial moves and gamechanging plays (pick-ups, passes, etc..) and usually directly after one another in snake-like patterns which caused devastating turn-overs. Combine that with some early removals made by the Incandescent, including killing one Lineelf and -STR busting another, and the game became very one-sided as a result. The Bunguls were forced to prioritize staying alive, rather than contesting the ball very much, and even when they did get the chance to try and make a play despite being outnumbered, Nuffle would have none of it. I feel truly sorry for Mike for having such a rough start to the season, but I am confident that his skills a coach allows him to recover from this awful start. My team earned 31 SPP during the match, but rolled a 1 for Winnings and thus could not managed to afford to buy themselves an Apothecary.

Final score of the match: 5-0 Victory to the Incandescent.

sbr32

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
sbr32
Country Flag
Name Subject to Change 0 :: Netflix and Chill 1

My Goblins completely Goblin'ed it up in their first game of the season. I bought 2 Bribes and 1 Babe and had 13 players (w/ Fanatic and Looney).

I had the Looney on the field for after kicking to the Chaos, and even though he was hit twice he stayed out there but he didn't accomplish much. The Gobbos were scrappy but couldn't stop the T8 Chaos score. A unskilled Goblin attempted a -2D Bitz on the unskilled Beast ball carrier on T7 but failed the one needed Dodge (2,2). I used 1 Bribe to keep the Looney on the field for T8, may have been a mistake.

The one KO'ed Gobbo didn't wake up, even with the Babe, so both Secret Weapons had to take the field for my T8 with only 1 Bribe left. The Looney KO'ed a Beast (who promptly woke back up) and the Fantatic danced around a single Beast before a Gobbo was flung downfield, only to land in a pile in scoring range.

The Looney was sent off and then the Bribe for the Fanatic failed and the stupid Goblin didn't wake up again so things were pretty dire going into the 2nd half down 11-10 on players. The Chaos stacked the LoS and pressed aggressively into the backfield so the Pogo made a break for it but needed a RR on the Leap so didn't GFI to get further out of reach. Some nice blocks freed up the Block Warrior who Blitz and KO'ed the Pogo then picked the ball up himself.

That led to 6 turns of me starting with everyone on the ground and just hoping to get a Troll to Blitz each turn while the Chaos casually strolled down the field. The Chaos got a bit greedy at the end trying to throw passes that kept coming up 1,1 which kept them from an easy 2nd TD.

gg @Goatee and good luck in your next 2 games!

mamutas

Super Moderator
Steam Username
mamutas
Cyanide Username
mamutas
Country Flag
Elements of Elf 2 - 0 Norkse

Hard fought win in the end, Orcs played a strong defense and Elves had to keep working the pitch to eventually find an opening on the left turn 7 and score turn 8. Managed to do pretty well in the block war but the Orc AV9 held true as you'd expect.

Second half the elves managed to put enough pressure on the Orc cage to cause it to turn into a bit of a scrap on the right sideline. Eventually the Elves were able to sack the ball and retrieve and run in the turn 16 score.

GG @mamutas, good luck in your next two games
Very well played and deserved win. Good luck in the future.

Last edited:

Deithwen

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Deithwen
Cyanide Username
Deithwen
Country Flag
1:1 draw against @Sudonym's Woodies. Some early removals helped a lot with securing the score on turn 8, the elves had failed to score a one-turner, but decided to go for a quick TD on turn 10. My team failed 8 out of 10 KO rolls which really made my life difficult, although somehow with the help of hypnogaze the vamps continued to advance up the pitch until the ball carrier snake eyed a dodge. The woodies ran away with the ball but the vamps managed to get a blitz on the catcher with some chain pushing and get the ball free on a lucky pow, the filthy elves then failed at passing and the last desperate attempt on a touchdown by the vamps ended with a one on a pickup.

An interesting game overall, I had a lot of fun with the plays and light banter, thank you @Sudonym, and good luck with the rest of the season!