1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lizardmen Team Comp and Strats

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by A55beard, Jan 26, 2016.

1. JimmyFantastic

JimmyFantastic Member

Country Flag:
    Blitz his mb guy with a Saurus and keep him locked down. Same goes for Tackle Blitzers etc.
    I've never taken Break Tackle on Saurus but I can see why you might want it. I definitely think it's better to delay BT if you're good enough to manage without it.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
  2. Vineeldrake

Vineeldrake Member

Country Flag:
    Heh something wierd hapened to my lizardmen team today, I had a saurus leveling twice, (over the course of... 3 or 4 match), I had a 11 on the first level roll, I thought: even if its bloody rare I should not give him AG... then my insane side said: nope you got to do it mate, you'll give him safe hand next.
    I gave him the +1 ag, he scored once, wounded one or two guys then leveled again, roll the dice again and surprise surprise a second 11... I now have a saurus with 3 ag..., I never saw that but sudenly it oppened really insane possibility for the team:
    Now I have a saurus that can both PICK, and THROW THE BALL. Something you basicly never see, I plan to give him sure hand, block and then pro/ Strong arm. What do you think of that really unusual player?

3. cjblackburn

cjblackburn Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    cjblackburn
    Country Flag:
    Block first then Break tackle. In a developed team your ball carrier needs block. Also you want him to be useful on defense. AG 3 dodging is a risk so BT after that. Doubles is dodge. A ST4 ball carrier is great but you need him to put a shift in bashing as well as you only have 6 Saurus. If you get BT on him then the rest of your team can concentrate on the other skills.

4. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Block and Sure Hands, yes. Skip Break Tackle - you'll either blitz him free or use AG3 dodging. Doubles for Dodge makes him even harder to take down, else probably Guard or Stand Firm (if you get so far).

5. Vineeldrake

Vineeldrake Member

Country Flag:
    Well to be honest I didn't espect him to work this well in fact but it seems that a 6mv, 4st, 3 ag ball handler is actually great for a team that... actually NEEDS a player like this... First match I've done with his 3 ad It scored 3 TD by itself, I confirm that at this stage I definitely do NOT need a Break tackle, its almost useless, I'm not saying it is becose it seems Allright at first... but I think he actually needs more skills, Block and sure hands jumped to my mind for that player. Dodge becomes an obvious choice after you consider a double (thank you for that), but I'm not even sure if you need him to have guard or Stand Firm... Basicly the rest of the saurus and the Krox just does a great job at Crowd controlling I even think... UUUUURGH...
    I hate to say that but that Kick of return and Fend could do better than this, but that creates a "weak link" in a saurus Lineup... I feel that its just so unusual for the team that its even hard to see what is good or not at that point... because ... stand firm does not sound right for a ball handler at all.
    Pro seems all round good for him as well... saving the really COSTLY rerolls of this team, acting as a way to Imitate both: catch, throw and dodge...

I any case it seems he is gona be fed Tons of TDs... I have never seen a ST4 player able to level this way.

Well for now I'm gona go on the basis: Block into sure hand into pro, on a double dodge, with a fend to protect him against... well claw killer chaos characters. It should be interesting to see how this little guy will be doing.

(Oh and btw don't worry to much about me lowering the bashing potential of my team, I have 1 fouler skink and 2 skinks with block they tend to work in tandem and doing basicly the same work as a saurus if needed)

6. notafunhater

notafunhater Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    notafunhater
    Country Flag:
    I wouldn't bother with pro on him. Block on the next level and then Sure Hands, though I would probably take Dodge on a double for either of those at this point. Once you hit 76spp if you have no double, then you have a decision to make.

7. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Kickoff return is a valid pick too.

Guard for ballcarriers is for when the opponent double marks him, he can help others trying to get him free.

Stand Firm is for sideline plays. Both of the latter might be valid at higher TV, but I suppose Fend to protect against Piling On becomes legit as well.

8. JimmyFantastic

JimmyFantastic Member

Country Flag:
    Yeah Block SH, with Dodge if poss is the only way. I'd definitely consider KoR as his main purpose is to hard counter Woodies, but Guard would be fine too.

9. A55beard

A55beard New Member

Country Flag:
    Alright guys, week 4 is in. I played an fresh Orc team and it was a slaughter. Killed two of his players and scored twice. Two of my characters leveled up. They are both level 3 now. One of them is a Saurus and he already has Block, what should I give him next? I'm thinking Guard, Break Tackle, or Tackle. The Skink that leveled up already has Block, so what should I give him? he rolled shitty so he can only have Agility skills.

10. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    The block skink wants sidestep. The Saurus can have any of the 3 you mentioned.

11. Arthur Wynne

Arthur Wynne Member

Country Flag:
    Side Step on the skink. Whichever of Guard or Tackle you have the least of on the saurus. (Tackle if you don't have either, unless your meta is very bashy so that you're outmuscled more often than not.)

12. A55beard

A55beard New Member

Country Flag:
    Hello again everybody, just finished my game of Bloodbowl this week. A crushing victory for my Lizardmen at 4-0. I have another level 3 Skink now. He already has Sidestep so I'm thinking sure feet or Jump Up? Unfortunately my level up rolls have been really bad on these last couple level ups. bloodbowl week 5.jpg

13. St Cloud

St Cloud Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    St. Cloud
    Country Flag:
    SS and DT are the first 2 Skink Levels on normal rolls for me. Always.

14. NieA7

NieA7 Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    NieA7
    Cyanide Username:
    Under7
    Country Flag:
    What St Cloud said.

15. jrpeart

jrpeart Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    jrpeart
    Cyanide Username:
    jrpeart
    Country Flag:
    And to add to what St Cloud said:

If you're playing the team long term then a third normal is being replaced by a rookie.
    If you're only playing short term then it depends on your TV and treasury whether you replace or keep.

16. A55beard

A55beard New Member

Country Flag:
    So you guys are thinking diving tackle for this guy? That seems kind of weird because it requires my skink to be near opponents. And this is a long term team as long as it doesnt get ruined.

17. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Skinks are totally disposable unless they have stats or a couple of doubles. There's not much point in long term development as their skills rapidly become not worth the TV. Like Jr says a lot of people sack skinks at level 4 unless they've rolled a double at least. Also SS DT makes skinks great at guarding sidelines against agility teams even if you don't get into base to base contact.