Dark Elf Look from some skillup opinions

Jasper

Star Player
Country Flag
[Ahem! Looks like I butchered the title. Should be "Looking for some skillup opinions" of course!]

So I have a Dark Elf team in the OCC Tier 6b, TV ~1500 with 3 rerolls, roster like so:

Code:
Velvet Tongue
  R Velour           : +Inj, ???
  R The Glove        : Dodge, Nerves
  Z Flash            : +AG, Dodge
  Z Ace              : +AG, Tackle
  Z Sax Lavish       : Guard, ???
  Z The Tongue       : Dodge
  W Laura Lavish     : Block, ???
  W Licorice         : 
  A Velveteen Rabbit : 
  L Swank Tom        : Wrestle
  L Vinne Lux        : 
  L Bruce Bliss      : 
  L Paul Luscious    : Kick

3 skillups pending for my next match, which will be against a nearly rookie Dark Elf team. Well, two really, as Velour has a Niggle and rolled a normal skill so I'm likely to replace him now that I have some cash.

My Guard Blitzer rolled 6+4 and will probably take Dodge, but I'm eying +AV as I'd hate to lose anyone with Guard, and besides hardly anyone ever takes it. I'm also considering Sidestep as it's handy to have at least some, but there's so little Tackle in OCC 6b...

My gut tells me +AV isn't really worth it, but I'm curious what you guys think.

My Witch Elf rolled 6+5! Normally I wouldn't hesitate to take +AG, especially considering the synergy with Dodge, Jump Up, and Frenzy, then later Leap -- but I already have two +AG players and I fear I'm reaching diminishing returns on AG 5... so I'm considering just taking Sidestep.

Thoughts on that? Am I crazy to throw away the opportunity for another +AG player? How does it play out at higher TVs?

Thanks!
-Jasper

Anglakhel

Super Star Player
Country Flag
Hey Jasper. I gave you my opinion on the OCC forum.

Move and Agility. No doubt.

Lebe666

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Never ever get AV... its not worth it.

Also more Stats is always better. +1 Agi is like having Nerves of Steel for 1 oppo player. You can handle ball in 1 TZ like its not there.

Also in the long term you might lose other agility players and be left with too little. I had 3 agi goats in a Nurgle team... lost two.

Agility means your oppo has a harder time keeping his ball carrier safe from dodging attackers... which means more effort in over caging and less in beating your team up. So agility helps survival. When your darkies are surrounded they have a chance of dodging out better.

As for the move or dodge... its good having one or two faster players. Really depends on style.. darkies suffer from lack of speed. Personally I prefer skills... but I've seen how effective faster players are.

Anglakhel

Super Star Player
Country Flag
I used to undervalue +Move, but I've seen it used to game breaking effect far too often now. I have a couple players now on different Druchii teams with +Move and it's such a huge benefit in the right circumstances.

Dark Elves lack the speed of other Elves, but add a player or two with +Move and it greatly enhances our ability to maximize our positional advantage on the field, which is the best way to dominate our foes.

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Move on the Blitzer (else dodge, but having some extra speed is good, as Ang summarized)

AG on the Witch, since she is a positional. Especially as you can in some far-out future put block and leap on her, and dodge and sidestep on that guard, and start surfing people on the second row of a ziggurat.

(AG is not always better, but on most positionals it is)

danton

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
danton
Country Flag
I must say I agree with the others.

Move and AG.

/SorroW

+1

Having Ma 8 on the team opens up more options. My Ma 9 Guard blitzer has won matches for me on his own!

Ag 5 on the witch is gold, because she becomes a much bigger sideline threat once she gets Leap as the next skill.

Gallows Bait

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Gallows-Bait
Cyanide Username
Gallows Bait
Country Flag
+1

Having Ma 8 on the team opens up more options. My Ma 9 Guard blitzer has won matches for me on his own!

Ag 5 on the witch is gold, because she becomes a much bigger sideline threat once she gets Leap as the next skill.

You guys seriously need to take Adlerson in hand, he has such a skilled team, but his AG5 Leap Witch never even tried a single surf in my game this week :eek:

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
You guys seriously need to take Adlerson in hand, he has such a skilled team, but his AG5 Leap Witch never even tried a single surf in my game this week :eek:

Or in my game (as Viajero) last season. And he's also not given her block or wrestle in that time, despite having been on 44 SPP for the last five games or more..

Jasper

Star Player
Country Flag
Thanks guys! That's pretty much the response that I expected, but I was curious how unanimous it would be.

Mostly I was worried about having a 3rd AG 5 player, which I think I'd pass on if it was another Blitzer or Line-elf, but is simply too sweet on a Witch Elf. Just 14 more SPP for Leap! Hell, I like Leap on Witch Elves even with AG 4.

I'm tempted to take +AV on the Blitzer because I've never done it before and nobody else seems to either. I can't quite make myself do it though! Plus then he'd just be a target for the inevitable Claw + Mighty Blow Chaos team...

I still might skip +MV for the Guard Blitzer, as I really like my Guards to be as resilient as possible -- it's painful to play Dark Elves without enough Guard, and I only have the one!