1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dark Elf Looking for advice - DE vs. Liz

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by tool, Jan 15, 2010.

1. tool

tool New Member

Keeping it short and simple. I seem to have a mental block regarding lizards. I'm trying DE's out in my league and was looking form some advice on how to approach the lizard teams.

I'm not so much concerned with offense as I am defense.

Thank you

TooL

2. VoidSeer

VoidSeer Member

Blitz a skink every turn no matter what. Foul any skilled up skink. Stab them if you have an assassin.

Honestly I found no other way to defend against a cage made of 4 ST4 guys and a kroxy that moves at 6 squares per turn.

3. Ian

Ian Member

If there are any skill-less sauri then I find it best to force them to make a play rather than make a mistake on their behalf. They're strong but prone to poor dice or eating re-rolls.

And as VoidSeer said, try to hurt the skinks at every opportunity. And as you have a lot of agility, I'd try to keep forcing the cage to make short stops. Make a line of tackle zones but avoid getting tied up in a pile of sauruses and try to keep dodging your line back so they get as few chances to hit you as possible and they'll have to move sideways to try and get around you rather than in the straight line that they'll be more comfortable with.

4. Agamon

Agamon New Member

I've played DE 7 times with my league lizzie team and only lost the first one, winning the other six, so I understand the problem.

As said above, blitz the skinks. Don't do much tying up of the sauri, that often goes badly. Dodge away and make it tough for the cage to move, also as stated above. Keep a blitzer deep in case a skink makes a run for it, they're tough to catch.

5. RedDevilCG

RedDevilCG Member

Remember all you need is two assists to get a 3d block on the skinks. They are AV7 and Stunty, so once you break through their armour you will be adding +1 to the injury rolls. Once the Skinks are off the field he's stuck with only AG1 players to try and do anything with the ball, which basically means his offensive game is over.

6. tool

tool New Member

I've read 'blitz the skinks' a lot. What is going on while I'm dedicating that many resources toward the skink? Its not like an injury/KO is guaranteed. Plus there's 4 of them.

It just seems like while i'm doing my best to rid myself of a skink, the rest of the machine is chewing me up.

Fouling alongside all of that makes sense. My TV is 1490 and i'm a little low on extra players and tackle right now, but if the risk seems acceptable i'll do it.

I appreciate the responses btw, thanks.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2010
  7. Coach

Coach Administrator Head Coach

Country Flag:
    You should be trying to avoid your team being in base to base contact with the rest of his team (just the skinks). They can then only hit you with one Blitz most turns.

The Skinks will fail a dodge every so often, and you want to hit them as often as you can. Strip Ball also works wonders against Lizardmen as they won't often have more than a couple of Sure hands players at best.

8. boerk

boerk New Member

Don't forget about pushing players off the pitch, witch elves are especially good at this. Plus at the edge it doesn't matter if you have tackle or not.

As others have mentioned trying to avoid any unneeded conflicts with saurus. If you do try to block them you're either going to have players tied up or knocked down. For a two die block against a saurus you'd need a blocker +2 assists meaning about 1/4 of your team is busy with a saurus and can't be going after skinks.

Fouling: Don't go too crazy with it as DE teams can't afford having a bunch of players getting kicked out, so only do it when it makes sense. A fouler with two assists has an 83.3% chance of getting through the armor, 48.6% chance of stunning, and a 34.7% chance of taking the skink off the pitch from a KO or injury. Fouler +2 assists seems to be the most efficient way in terms of chance and not tying up too many players.

9. VoidSeer

VoidSeer Member

Avoid Saurus yes, but don't be afraid to take 1D blocks against them if you do have block/wrestle and they don't.

Saurus like black orcs are slow to skill up. If the team is still young, most of them won't have block.

10. Agamon

Agamon New Member

I've heard this and haven't experienced it. I have an online league team and a TT league team, and on both teams I had a skill on every saurus by match 7. Maybe that's not 'young', but they still have a long way to go before they're experienced.

Now the Kroxigor, he's tough to level. But then I use him more as a roadblock than a crusher.

Another note: I played a Wood Elf team that only had Block on his wardancers, the linemen all had Wrestle instead. Very frustrating. Probably more frustrating for slower teams, like Dwarves and Chaos, but an interesting idea, nonetheless.