1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for Playtesters

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by crimsonsun, Jun 5, 2014.

1. crimsonsun

crimsonsun Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    crimsonsun
    Country Flag:
    As some of you may know for the past 9 or so months I have been writing a tabletop miniature sci-fi Skirmish RPG hybrid system, now I am still a LONG way from a finished product but the core rules have been in place of a fair amount of time now and hopefully in the next month I will have a unpolished ready to test pdf version ready. As a result I will be looking for play testers who can provide detailed feedback on the system, the rules themselves, the readability of the document, its presentation and eventually to help me balance the various faction and force lists.

The project is fully non profit because of copy write laws regarding a lot of the art work I am using so I am looking for people looking to test the system purely for enjoyments sake and I will not be profiting financially from your input and the only return I can provide for this assistance is in the form of listing you and those you playtest with in the credits.

If anyone is interested and able to assist let me know here and I will sort you out a pdf of the rules once I've laid it out, I would however request that you do not repost or send out the document in a public format (though you can obviously share it with your gaming groups) for while it will eventually be released in such a form I have posted earlier versions of the rules on public forums previously only to find various parts of it copied on a different forum with someone else claiming the credit which is somewhat soul destroying considering the literally 1000++ hours of work I have invested into the project.

More details explaining in full what I am up to can be found in my blog at Crimsonsun - A Gamers Diary | My twisted ideologies on table top gamingfeel free to ask any questions below and I will do my best to answer them for you.

Thanks in advance Crimsonsun :cool:

2. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Congrats on getting this far Crimson, I'd love to test it but don't really have a gaming group at the moment though. Still if you need people to look over the document for readability/ clarity I'd be happy to.

3. crimsonsun

Cyanide Username:
    crimsonsun
    Country Flag:
    Thanks :D and yes I will do without a doubt I will be looking for people to check for readability and ease of understanding at various stages of the layout so I will send you the initial link once its ready :rolleyes:

4. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    Im kind of able to misunderstand anything, so if you want loads of questions (realy stupid ones I fear) then let me read it:powdodge:

5. crimsonsun

Cyanide Username:
    crimsonsun
    Country Flag:
    Just to say I should have a really basic version that concentrates on the core mechanics done for you all this weekend :D, I think that's the best way to go because while I could dump a 100 pages of rules and advanced game mechanics upon you in one go I think that it will be far easier to pick up and judge with the stripped down nuts and bolts version first, then once any issues/inconsistency is removed I can throw in all the soft furnishings.

Especially as all the extras work using the same system so once the basics are done the extras will hopefully make sense. I will include some very basic lists for a faction so you can actually play some games but while I want to know about how balanced/costed that is way low on the priority compared to feedback on the core mechanics. :D

Thanks Crimsonsun

PS - Also if there are any more interested parties just let me know :D