1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cyanide Looking to join a league or tournament

Discussion in 'General Blood Bowl News and Discussion' started by Cianybeasty, Jul 15, 2011.

1. Gallows Bait

Gallows Bait Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Gallows-Bait
    Cyanide Username:
    Gallows Bait
    Country Flag:
    Totally agree that the stats will be skewed by the teams you play and the environment you play in, but that's a long debate to be having.

On average it will tend towards an ability rating the more games and variation played.

Regarding the coaches here though, there are a lot of non-MM OCC league style players here, so I would think they're closer to one another in average than many sample sets. :)

2. Hoverdog

Hoverdog Active Member

Country Flag:
    woopsie, I think I skipped a page.

3. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    Yeah, this definitely plays a big part. Coaches that like to play with Ogres, Halflings and Goblins for example will most likely have a lower than normal win rate, while coaches that stick exclusively to the "power races" will probably have a slightly higher than usual win rate.

Also this doesn't take into account the calibre of the opposition either. It's not quite the same if I win 100% of games against a crap coach with a halfling team, than if I win 40% of games against top coaches playing with good teams!

Those stats are interesting, but should be taken with a pinch of salt!

4. Barninho

Barninho Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Above the chat box on cyanide there's a white v you can check and it gives you stuff like your win-loss ratio, number of kills and such like.