1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wood Elf Lorren Lightning OCC S22 3B

Discussion in 'Team Blogs' started by Etheric, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Etheric

Etheric Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Etheric
    Country Flag:
    The story of the painful season in 4A can be found here. Was actually season 21, not 20 had not realised they had not updated the sign.

Anyway going in we look like :

Tree :
    WD : Strip Ball, Tackle, SS
    WD : Strip Ball, +1mv
    Thrower : +agi, Strong Arm,dodge, sure hands
    Thrower :
    Catcher :
    Catcher : Block,SS,Fend
    Line : wrestle
    Line : Wrestle,dodge, tackle, -av
    Line :
    3RR, apo, 11 FF, 1 cheer, 1 coach
    40k in the bank
    TV 1620 (1690 with loner)

Current roster
    [​IMG]

Record so far
    [​IMG]

And the damage
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2014
  2. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Looks like you won the game against the Pelves?

3. Etheric

Cyanide Username:
    Etheric
    Country Flag:
    There i

In 3A we have the following teams

[​IMG]- Etheric - Lorren Lightning - Wood Elf
    [​IMG] Stygger - Visa Hattarna! - Chaos Dwarf
    [​IMG] Dalryk - Revenge of the Snotballz - Goblin
    [​IMG] Altashheth - Cruor Imbibo II - Vampire
    [​IMG] Wyrewolf - The Cracked Shells - Lizardman
    [​IMG] Worgaz79 - Mutilated Killers - Chaos
    [​IMG] svrbb - No Goblins Allowed - Ogre
    [​IMG] Greybeard - The Scorched Beards
    [​IMG] stuartddj - Guards of Babylon - Elf
    [​IMG] Narg - Zombie Economics - Undead

There is some discussion about the teams on the OCC forums at http://www.orca-cola.com/beta/index.php/topic/17314-short-look-at-the-teams/ . Narg does not understand wood elves thoguh :D. Plus the rosters are at

http://www.orca-cola.com/beta/index.php/topic/17338-d3b-rosters/

4. Etheric

Cyanide Username:
    Etheric
    Country Flag:
    Ok MD 1 went well.

[​IMG]

In the end took apo, 2 babes, wizard and edril. Edril had a great game. Gaze is such a great ability.

I won the elfball off, with some better d6 and some lucky scatters. Twice he hit the ball carrier and it scattered to one of my neighbouring players who caught it. That is about as annoying as it gets for an elf coach. He also managed to pull off more snake eyes and ball handling failures.

He chose to kick, and might have regreted the decision as I managed 2 cas on the first two blocks. Managed to keep the ball safe, and work a score.

His posession he caged up on my left, so I let the fireball off early. Failed with Edril to gaze the last cage corner, but still managed to leap in and knock the ball loose (and into the crowd). Got a good throw in, and picked it up, but could not keep it safe, and after blitzing my wardancer with his wrestle guy he could take the ball back and score.

I managed another TD before half time to go in 2-1 up, which is perfectly fine. I put two SS guys and the tree on the line to prevent the 1TT.

His passing dice then took a turn for the horrible and he fumbled the pass on his next two posessions, and I managed to make the steal stick both times to go 4-1 up.

His last possession I more or less just let him score to make it 4-2 on T16, with just the LOS blocking to go.

So we finished 4-2 winners. The key really was he was 1/6 on passing the ball which is horrendous, and there is not much you can do with that.

But a good win with 570k inducements and no cas. Only 40k winnings (got a 2 reroll to 2), but with no cas that is ok.

5. Etheric

Cyanide Username:
    Etheric
    Country Flag:
    Ok got 3 skillsups from that one. My thrower skilled, and my rookie catcher actually double skilled.

Thrower rolled normal, so just got dodge. My catcher got normal, then 5+5. I really need some guard, so took that rather than the mv.

Tree :
    Thrower : Dodge
    Catcher : Block, Guard
    Catcher : Block,SS,Fend
    Line :
    80k in the bank
    1690 TV (1760 including loner)

6. Altashheth

Altashheth Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Id have gone guard as well, especially with the chaos, dwarves, lizards etc to come, it'll give you the option of 2 dicing some ball carriers... its a scary looking roster

7. Etheric

Cyanide Username:
    Etheric
    Country Flag:
    Ok after the sneaky goblin subterfuge got him an admin 1-1 "goblin win" we have the vampires on MD3

[​IMG]

Won the toss and chose to kick. The vampires formed a 3 sided "cage" on their first turn, which gave me a relatively easy 2d block on the ball carrier, resulting in the ball being free, but in 2 TZ. That is why I have an agi 5 thrower with sure hands though, and he managed to get there pick the ball up and get it to my wardancer, who shrugged off the blitz and dodged to open the scoring.

This was the theme of the game really, with Altashheth struggling to keep the ball safe and me rolling very good d6 and the best block dice I have ever had. 81% block sucess with 35% pow. My block dice were so good could not get a push for the 1TT attempt despite rerolling it :D.

Got one skillup, and my experienced catcher got a double for guard, so I now have

Tree :
    Catcher : Block, Guard
    Catcher : Block,SS,Fend,guard
    Line :

200k in the bank, but I think I will stay with 10 players and a loner lino for a bit longer.

8. Altashheth

Altashheth Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    especially when that loner takes a beating :)

9. Etheric

Cyanide Username:
    Etheric
    Country Flag:
    Hmm great, don't type % in chat...

Was winning 1-0 but probably would have got 1-1 at half time vs a nasty ogre team, then turn 5 was trying to explain that what I tried (and failed) at was a 3+ 2+ then 70% to strip and of course crashed the game...

Hopefully we can play again on tuesday. If he is "too busy" though might get a 3-1 loss, which will be annoying.

10. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Ogre coaches will usually offer a replay even when they were clearly winning - they are normally about fun rather than winning, or they'd play another race..

So at least you'll know that if he's "too busy", he really was. :rolleyes:

11. Etheric

Cyanide Username:
    Etheric
    Country Flag:
    Yeah had the replay, so was fine.

[​IMG]

Got a wizard steal, and 3 blitzes. So maybe he regrets replaying :D. He did get 6 cas though, so my army of apos were kept busy. Taking 3 apos and 1 babe really helps to keep 11 players on the pitch.

12. Etheric

Cyanide Username:
    Etheric
    Country Flag:
    Ok decision time

Tree :
    WD : Strip Ball, Tackle, SS, *** NORMAL ROLL **
    WD : Strip Ball, +1mv, *** NORMAL ROLL ****
    Thrower : +agi, Strong Arm,dodge, sure hands, *** 6+6 ***
    Thrower :
    Catcher : Block, Guard, *** NORMAL ROLL ***
    Catcher : Block,SS,Fend, Guard
    170K in the bank, 9 players

13. notafunhater

notafunhater Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    notafunhater
    Country Flag:
    I would take:
    Jump up
    Side Step or Tackle if upcoming games are elf-filled
    Strength. Don't tempt nuffle! You'll want block at 76 though. and you can use him defensively more.
    Side Step

In that order.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
  14. Viajero

Viajero Active Member

Country Flag:
    - Dauntless (so to sack more reliably ST4+ ball carriers yet). If you dont like, then Fend.
    - Tackle (your -AV lino with tackle may not last long)
    - Thrower... take the Strength for me. It will protect him slightly better than Block (asuming a ST3 blitz + 1 assist then 2D with Tackle against a Blodge ST3 is 56% to knock him down, while 1D with Tackle against a ST4 no Block is just 50%), plus you may need his blitzing potential without assist in a pinch.
    - Side Step (good all around and specially in combo with guard)

Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
  15. Etheric

Cyanide Username:
    Etheric
    Country Flag:
    Oops the wardancer has tackle not strip ball. Messed up there.

16. Viajero

Viajero Active Member

Country Flag:
    Ah, side step then. That d make a team with a total of 4 SS!! Way to go on your path to Blodge/SS spam glory!

Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
  17. Etheric

Cyanide Username:
    Etheric
    Country Flag:
    yeah I think I will go with

Dauntless
    SS
    Leap
    SS

Going to try to get blodge SS Fend all the wd and catchers in the first 5 skills. Probably linos as well, but they never live that long :D.

18. Etheric

Cyanide Username:
    Etheric
    Country Flag:
    Ok as we have the cash to go to 12 men, and would not get a wizard in the next game in any case we go on a spending spree and get to 12 players

Tree :
    WD : Strip Ball, Tackle, SS, dauntless
    WD : Tackle, +1mv, SS
    Thrower : +agi, Strong Arm,dodge, sure hands, leap
    Catcher : Block, Guard, SS
    Catcher : Block,SS,Fend, Guard
    Catcher :
    Line :
    Line :
    40K in the bank, 12 players
    TV 1960

Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
  19. Etheric

Cyanide Username:
    Etheric
    Country Flag:
    Another week another win.

[​IMG]

My opponent got really high armour breaks, but thankfully was mostly stuns, otherwise I probably would have been depitched. 32 injury rolls for just 4 cas and 3 KO is a bit lucky.

Key was really he did not know how to protect the ball vs a leaping strip ball wardancer and I got some good steals. Well actually he could not protect the ball vs any sort of wardancer. Giving me a 3+ 2+ with a dodge reroll for 2d on the ball carrier is not the best idea.

Almost made it 4-0 with a blitz on the last possession, but could not make it stick.

20. Etheric

Cyanide Username:
    Etheric
    Country Flag:
    Hmm guess I was due a bad game. Lost a classic 2-1 grid to stygger.

Was a combination of not having a kicker and some good cas dice and solid play from my opponent.

Game started well with me winning the toss, and receiving. Stygger thought he was kicking for whatever reason and set up wrong. A kicker then would have been useful.

He caged solidly, but did give me a leap anything but a skull on a 2d against to get teh ball loose. Which is 75%, unfortunately, I burnt the RR on the leap, then got :skull: :bothdown: for the block. Would have still needed a 3+ or 4+ pickup with sure hands, but still a decent chance.

With the failure he then managed to foul off my wd bh, and grind up the field, managing to bh my other wardancer on turn 8.

I could not make the 1TT come off, getting a :powdodge: on the first block (which was unfortunately 1d). Did not want to RR it so went in the half 1-0 down.

This left a bit of a problem on my drive, but after he managed to reroll double :bothdown: into double :skull: he left an opening, which I streamed through, and with some elf BS managed to make it 1-1. Was 2+ 2+ 2+ 2+ 2+ or so with some built in and a team RR.

It did leave him a lot of turns to equalise, and me without enough players really to stop it. Again a kicker would have made that a lot easier, really need one now.