1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wood Elf Lorren Lightning OCC S22 3B

Discussion in 'Team Blogs' started by Etheric, Mar 27, 2014.

1. narg

narg Member

Country Flag:
    Guess it makes sense.
    Still, I managed to score and to inflict a few early casualties so it went well.
    Yeah maybe a 1TTD on T16 would have been harder for you.

I used to field 4 ghouls but this season I was experimenting with 1 and 2-ghoul rosters, partly against my will. I think that the 1 and 2-ghoul rosters generally work better (in particular VS bash) although it sure doesn't help to run after elves.

And I only had one threatening player, the wight that was left. I guess I could have sent my rookie ghouls after the ball but that's a bit laughable.

I thought you would...

Well I could definitely have played better to defend against the 1TTD but I'm really not sure about the 2nd half...
    I'll watch the replay if I have the time.

In MD7 and MD8 he got two really harsh games in a row, he lost both bull centaurs, the minotaur and two dwarves. I may also have niggled a hobgoblin, can't remember. His first three games were atrocious as well, he took 15 CAS or something like that? Basically a horrible season. Still, a bit surprised he didn't soldier on.

2. Etheric

Etheric Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Etheric
    Country Flag:
    Oops lost one on the roster I typed up. Got actually 13 right now, so lets try DP and see what happens. Having someone to punish PO might help.

3. Etheric

Cyanide Username:
    Etheric
    Country Flag:
    Why is it laughable? It is the threat that matters. Leaving a 1D or 2D block even by a player without block/tackle vs a player with dodge is not something I would do lightly when it was my thrower carrying the ball. Take the both down and hope for an armour break if needed.

Give me the choice of a risky pass, moving somewhere I don't want to go or getting blitzed next turn. Will not work all the time but it will win you games.

You need to take away options. This is hard vs elves as they have so many, but you can always make it harder. What you managed to do was give me a really low risk, good option, which is never good.

4. Etheric

Cyanide Username:
    Etheric
    Country Flag:
    Ok took Dirty player as need to sometimes get some killers out, or at least make people think about PO all the time.

Tree : Jump Up
    WD :
    WD : Tackle, +1mv, SS niggle
    Thrower : +agi, Strong Arm,dodge, sure hands, leap
    Thrower : Dodge kick
    Catcher : Block, Guard, SS, -av
    Catcher : Block,SS,Fend, Guard
    Catcher :
    Line : wrestle
    Line : Wrestle,dodge, tackle, -av
    Line : Dirty Player, niggle
    Line :
    Line :
    3RR, apo, 9 FF, 150k in the bank.

After a 6-1-2 season not quite sure how I lose 2 FF overall, some bad FF rolls there :D.

Will start a new thread for the new season to keep it orginised.

5. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Good FF rolls you mean.FF is just bloat.

6. Etheric

Cyanide Username:
    Etheric
    Country Flag:
    Season 23 sees me in 2A. Not going to do a thread for this one.

Results

[​IMG]

damage
    [​IMG]

MD1 was a strange game, which I won due to a double skulls on a T8 greed block after he smashed my team, then a WA roll to break though my screen and a wizard steal.

MD2 failed a 3+ 2+ 2+ with a TRR on the first two and a dodge RR on the last one on T16 which would have given me the win

MD3 was some real elfball, with no snake eyes for either player all game, and some real weak hitting. I was -20 on 2d6, via was -4. Difference was a 1TT, when I played it conservative and did not put two SS and the tree on the line.

MD4 some more elfball, with Hawca trying to beat up my team and take advantage of the -av and niggle. Did not work as he got worse d6 than me, and I inflicted more damage than I took. Almost managed a steal in the first half, but failed a 3+ catch with catch RR in the rain. Ended 0-0 at half time, then with me receiving we traded TDs with Hawca failing a 1TT attempt at the end on T15 (tried as he was down players) to give me a 2-1 win

MD5 was vampires, played mostly in a blizzard. With no long passes and all the recievers marked it is shuts down the wood elf game pretty badly, and it took some d6 magic to get a score in the first half to even it up at 1-1. Then tried to drive, playing vampires in a blizard is tough with gazed receivers and no long passes. Managed a break, but failed a 3+ GFI into the endzone, and he managed to steal, and after a crowd throw to the half way line picked it up to win. And with a blitz and some bad set up from me (yes that vamp has SS ffs) was not possible.

MD6 nuffling from hell, with 24% 1s, 20% 2s and khemri who made all their d6, combined with above average breaking armour and above average cas. For once no retirements, but no tackle for next week either.

MD7 was always going to be difficult with no tackle vs a team with 3 blodgers and a lot of block etc. Did not try that hard to steal get the ball, and was content with a 2-2 after a nice wizard steal, but a bit of miscounting and some magic d6 and he manages a 3rd. No perm damage though.

MD 8 350 overdog, but got steamrollered by a well played chaos dwarf team. Lots of guard and tackle and lots of 1s made for a tough game. He manages a heroball (30% or so) T16 TD to add insult to injury.

MD9, took babe, 2 apo wizard. Some bad play by me (managed to try a 4+ dodge not a 2+ leap, and passed the ball to the wrong guy for a 1TT attempt and some horrible cas for him had him leading 1-0 at half time. Then he crashed, with no time to replay to I get a 3-1 win and 80 winnings.

Retirements
    MD 1 : Rookie lino who picked up -ag
    MD 2 : +mv, tackle, SS WD picked up a -mv to go with a niggle and hung up boots.
    MD 3 : wrestle lino picked up nasty case of death
    MD 4 : None!
    MD 5 : backup thrower snake eyes a t16 dodge getting a nasty case of death.
    MD 6 : None
    MD 7 : none!
    MD8 : none
    MD9 : none

Last edited: Aug 8, 2014