1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Los Gringos

Discussion in 'Team Blogs' started by Netsmurf, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
  2. Gallows Bait

Gallows Bait Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Gallows-Bait
    Cyanide Username:
    Gallows Bait
    Country Flag:
    Could be a little tough starting with only 3 AG3 players, but it focuses early SPP on your Wights and they are your work horses after all. Will give you a pretty slow pace overall though, so watch out for being out flanked.

Also interesting to find out what the Danish is for Smurf. :D Nice roster spreadsheet too.

3. jrpeart

jrpeart Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    jrpeart
    Cyanide Username:
    jrpeart
    Country Flag:
    I like the starting roster. It's what I started The Princess Died with. Of course being able to get 2 TD and 2 cas with the wolf the first game plus rolling 6 for winnings probably helped me.

It is a tricky start but once you get Wolf 2 and then the Ghouls it gets easier.

Good luck with it.

4. Netsmurf

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    The great plan is to give the wights guard fast. And get the second wolf ASAP. Then focus on the ghouls, by then the rest should have some core skills and be able to protect the ghouls.

This roster gives me 30k towards the wolf, instead of having a ghoul to steal all SPP. And I have 3 rerolls from start.:D

5. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    It's my recommended starting roster as well. Just try to keep your wolf and wights safe during the first game, since they are your only relevant skills (AG 3, wolf having speed and wights having block)

6. Lebe666

Lebe666 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Hard going in the first game... but sure is good not having ghouls as targets. Well sometimes knowing where they will spend the blitz is good to...

Good luck ! Like the theme !

7. SorroW

SorroW Member

Country Flag:
    Love the theme!

No idea how to play Necro, so won't insult you by giving advice! :)

/SorroW, who actually like Netsmølf....

8. Mico Selva

Mico Selva Active Member

Country Flag:
    Nice theme, Netsmurf. :)

9. Netsmurf

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    Thanks! So the season has started and two rounds were fired on the first day. First up a WE team were I lost 0-1, but managed to MNG a WD and -MA a lino. It was a rubbish match and I should have secured a draw, but failed to notice the clock running down before it was to late..

Second match was against a DE team and this time I won 1-0:D Got enough gold for the second WW after this match so welcome to Eli Wallach:powdodge:

10. Netsmurf

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    Played a double feature, and it was horrible. First match I lost to a major dice rape. Nothing worked, not even just standing in the way, as I got 7 cas against me and 7 KO´s. I ended the match with two players on the field:( The only good thing from that match was the MVP landing on me 1 SPP golem for a normal skill to be block. The undead team did only use two rerolls during the match and only used those as a neutral push was not good enough for his taste:mad:

Second match and he scored in first half with ease as after turn two I missed 4 players:( But lucky for me all but 1 made it back. And in second half I finally got to give some back and made 5 casualties and scoring in turn 8 after making turnovers the 3 turns before - trying to pick up the ball:eek:

In the end I got 3 skill rolls from that game, all normal: A wight got guard and two zombies have wrestle and are meant for LOS:powdodge:

I do hope that this is not how the season will work out! He he I did manage to MNG the undeads two ghouls, so he will most likely be forced to buy a third ghoul before his third reroll:D

11. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    There are some games where nothing works for one coach, while everything goes right for the other! I have been on both sides plenty of times - just have to take the bad games in your stride I suppose...

Out of interest what did you use to make that fancy team roster sheet?

12. Netsmurf

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    We use a program called OBBLM

It has a PDF function for showing the team. Can even do it with the inducements and it has all the starplayers - its a very nice program and all our matches in the club go on the site:D

13. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    Is it possible to get hold of a copy of the software? It says the software is free on that page, but the link to the OBBLM wiki does not work.

14. Netsmurf

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    Seems like the same problem we faced here two days ago, must renew the payment on the site. I will see if I can get a hold of him, he is Danish so it should be possible:powdodge:

15. Netsmurf

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    5 matches during the first week of the season and this was against another necro team - necro seems to be the new black in our club, with 3 teams all ready. He got a wizard and a babe for inducements. I got a ghoul before the match.

He won the toss and decided to receive the ball. And after a failed PU I swarmed forward but 3 turns in a row did I fail a dodge with reroll to get to the ball and so he managed to score against me, but I had 4 turns to score.

I set up a drive in my left wide zone and forced him to use the wizard. The wizard killed my guard wight, but thanks to regen he was back and ready:D I managed to get the ball back and score in turn 8 with the ghoul:D

Second half and I receive the ball and does a classic stall to win it 2-1 - the ghoul scored again and then got the MVP and with 11 SPP in the rookie game it was only fitting for him to roll 11 on the skill roll:D - So very nice to be a necro coach:pow:

16. Netsmurf

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    The obblm is working again:D

17. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    Cheers - will check it out.

18. Netsmurf

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    Managed to get game six played and it was against another necro team:powdodge: He had a flesh golem MNG, but a blodge wolf, MB wolf, both ghouls with block and one of them with sure hands. He also had two block zombies, I have two wrestle zombies. Most important was that I had 3 rerolls against his 2:powdodge:

I received the ball (he got a perfect defence, but he made a mistake in turn two) and I went through the middle with a wolf carrier and my AG4 ghoul, he then managed to get one dice on the wolf after dodges and GFI´s galore, :pow: and my ball was down - he then went for the pick up in a TZ and failed. My AG4 ghoul dodged out snatched the ball and dodged away to score:D

At that point we were at turn 4 my drive and none with a reroll left and then we got a bribe:eek:

This resulted in chaos and havoc and him getting a zombie and one of the ghouls sent of after the bribe was consumed. My bribe went on the first foul:( He used his MB wolf as blitzer and he ended up next to my wight - :pow: casualty -ST regen denied:skull: My guard wight then got a dose of niggling with regen denied:(

He scored in turn 8 with ease as my AG4 ghoul did the elf trick on a 2+ dodge.

Second half and a high kick later. I forced him to score in tree turns, my blitz on the ballcarrier was :pushback::skull: reroll :pushback::skull:

He got a perfect defence again but suddenly I started to take out his players and I managed to surf his wolf. So he could set up maximum 9 players for a new drive so I scored with 2 turns left on the clock.

Then I got the perfect defence and also the perfect kick off. The ball landed by the right hand sideline as he had set up to go down the left side. I made it hard for him to get free and he missed a block:skull: with no reroll left. So I surfed a wight and marked his ghoul and got the ball using my last reroll. AG4 aint all that its cranked up to be:p

I won 3-2 and then got 4 skill roll:

Double on a wolf:D MIGHTY BLOW
    Normal on a wolf - Block
    Normal on my AG4 - Block
    Normal on my wight - guard

I dont have cash to replace the niggling wight this match, but I have when he returns so of he goes:powdodge:

19. Netsmurf

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    Played two games against a new orc team, he induced Ulgrot, Apoth and babes in both games. I never managed a casualty in those games and Ulgrot never broke armor either - even failing to hurt a ghoul, before I got him KO.

First match was a huge mess and saw me failing 7 times in 8 turns first half. Failing 3+ with reroll that is. In the end he made a TD. Second half and Im down 7 to 11 but manage to KO two orcs early and set up a 4+ pass to score. The pass is good, the 3+ catch fails and the ball bounces over to the orc thrower - he fails the 5+ catch and the ball returns to my AG4 ghoul and he catches on 4+, dodges twice on 2+ and make a GFI to equal the score. What are the odds:confused:(1/3*2/3*1/8*1/8*1/2*5/6*5/6*5/6) -> (8/24*16/24*3/24*3/24*12/24*20/24*20/24*20/24) -> 110592000/110075314176 -> 4608000/4586471424 -> 192000/ 191102976 -> 8000/7962624 -> 1000/995328 -> 125/124416 -> 0,1% Correct me if Im wrong.

He got all orcs back and had 3 turns to score but I managed to get to the ball as he failed the pick up. Then my AG4 ghoul did a double 1 on GFI to get out of intercept range and spilled the ball. His big hero play ended on the first block :skull::bothdown: with a bob and the match was a draw.

Second match was without all those damn turnovers and I managed to break his drive and score in turn 8:D Second half and I scored in turn 6:D he managed to get a bob within scoring range and all the crazy stuff happen as it should, but then came the time to GFI into the endzone - denied:skull: Rest of the evening is a blur - cheers:D

20. Netsmurf

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    Played against an Ogre team. He only had 4 Ogres on the roster and 7 snots - 4 journeys. He induced a bomber and a chain saw and a babe.

He failed a pick up and my MB wolf BH a snot. Then he failed a PU in my MB wolf TZ and then my MB wolf did a blitz and made a BH and took the ball and scored - turn 2!

Then he took a rest for turn 3 and in turn 4 did a MNG on an ogre, turn 5 a killed snot. Turn 6 TD with the other wolf. Turn 8 TD with a ghoul. My turn to receive in second half.

BH on an Ogre with the MB wolf - then he got KO´ed. TD with the rookie wight. And finally a TD with the ghoul.

I won 5-0 and 9-4 in casualties. One rookie zombie missed regen and got -ST, but I got a massive four skills - all normal.

MB wolf went from 6 to 19 SPP in 9 turns :eek: block.
    Block wolf - I think off dodge :confused:
    AG ghoul with blodge - Side step or sure hands?
    Rookie ghoul - Block or Wrestle?

Roster updated, grey players have skill pending.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2012