1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lustria's Jungle [Fluff S17]

Discussion in 'Big Crunch 2' started by Sataric, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Sataric

Sataric Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    Sataric
    Cyanide Username:
    Sataric
    Country Flag:
    Greetings and salutations, old veterans and newcomers alike!

This is the "Fluff thread" created in honour of the battle that is about to commence for the title of Champion of Lustria this season.

I summon the following contestant coaches to answer the call:
    @TravelScrabble
    @Werebat
    @sbr32
    @Filadeus
    @Reverend Radio
    @Kawira
    @Supa
    @Znarx
    @cjblackburn
    @Havol

The purpose of this thread is so that you can have healthy banter between each other, but also so that I can keep an eye on your Ticket status, make predictions for the season that is about to start momentarily, and make an end-of-season report highlighting the players whom have performed the greatest feats.

First up on the agenda: Tickets needs to be sent to each of you and then they must be accepted in the in-game client. In order to do this, I need information regarding your chosen team name and race. Please post that either here in this thread, or in the one named "New teams for season 17" (Clickable Link)"

The sooner you do this, the better. Please note that if you have not requested and accepted your ticket before the deadline, you risk getting replaced. The kick-off date for the season is set to July 31st but everything needs to be sorted by then, so I'd like for all of you to be signed up at least a day or two in advance if possible. Thank you!

Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
    Supa and sbr32 like this.
  2. Sataric

Steam Username:
    Sataric
    Cyanide Username:
    Sataric
    Country Flag:
    Ticket Status:

Accepted:
    @Supa
    @TravelScrabble
    @sbr32
    @Filadeus
    @Reverend Radio
    @Znarx
    @Kawira
    @cjblackburn
    @Werebat
    @Havol

All tickets are accepted and the Division has been launched successfully!

BREAKDOWN OF THE TEAMS:

@cjblackburn - Coaching Halflings under the banner Shortman F.O.O.D. Heroes.
    Starting Roster: 2 Treemen, 10 Halflings, 1 Re-Roll, No Apothecary.
    Starting with a lower-than-average number of spares to ensure some delicious inducements in every upcoming game. This does lower their fouling potential to some extent as they won't have a large bench, but it gives them access to far more potent tools such as Chefs and Wizards and Star Players. In a division with so few teams starting out with a lot of Block, these guys might end up doing surprisingly well.

@sbr32 - Coaching Nurgle under the banner Keepers of the Garden.
    Starting Roster: 1 Beast, 4 Nurgle Warriors, 1 Pestigor, 5 Rotters, 2 Re-Rolls.
    This is the most common and classical starting Nurgle set-up, and it's heavily considered to be the best one. It has two main weaknesses in that two Re-Rolls is quite low for a team starting without many practical skills, and that if the Pestigor gets removed you are left without a proper Ball Carrier. However, the strengths of this set-up is very significant and I think that they are quite favoured in a lot of the match-ups this season.

@Supa - Coaching Kislev under the banner Sucky Bloat.
    Starting Roster: 1 Bear, 3 Catchers, 7 Linemen, 4 Re-Rolls, No Apothecary.
    With three Catchers, these guys are the most agile team in Lustria this season, alongside of Travelscrabble's fellas that have an equal amount. I think that taking the Bear in a division with so many opponents bringing STR 4 pieces makes a ton of sense since it gives you some much-needed punching power, and to then just focus on doing as many circus tricks as possible with the rest of the team. I expect these guys to do really well if they can stay alive.

@Znarx - Coaching Chaos under the banner Rapid Offensive Units.
    Starting Roster: 4 Chaos Warriors, 7 Beastmen, 2 Re-Rolls, and starts with the Apothecary.
    We have three Chaos teams in Lustria this season, and each of them are bringing different starting line-ups. Will be interesting to see how they will perform, and which of them comes out on top! In my opinion, the choices Znarx have made are the safest ones you can go for and I expect it will suit him nicely. His tenacity is of note, and his willingness to take calculated risks will be fun to watch as well!

@Reverend Radio - Coaching Underworld under the banner The Unclean Usurpers.
    Starting Roster: 1 Troll, 2 Blitzers, 2 Throwers, 2 Rats, 5 Goblins, 3 Re-Rolls, and also starts with the Apothecary.
    This is without a doubt the best starting line-up for the Underworld. You definitely need every single positional with these critters, and although you can sacrifice the Apothecary for another Goblin, I find that the Apo usually adds more value to the matches and is undoubtedly the safer of the two options. Normally Underworld struggles before they earn some skills, but against the races they're going up against this season, I reckon they have a decent shot at winning some matches if they can manage to find a way to deal with all the STR pieces thrown at them.

@TravelScrabble - Coaching Kislev under the banner BBT Grudgers.
    Starting Roster: 1 Bear, 1 Blitzer, 3 Catchers, 6 Linemen, 3 Re-Rolls, No Apothecary.
    Similar to their rival Kislev that Supa is coaching, but Travel has opted to trade one Re-Roll out for starting with a Blitzer. I think this will be a worthwhile trade against the opponents that are on the less-bashy side as it gives him access to Diving Tackle right away. Furthermore it means he will be developing a proper STR-Access piece sooner. It will be important to keep this piece safe until he can afford to hire the Apothecary though as they are really expensive to replace.

@Filadeus - Coaching Chaos under the banner La Famiglia Filadore.
    Starting Roster: 4 Chaos Warriors, 7 Beastmen, 3 Re-Rolls, No Apothecary.
    Unlike Znarx's team, Filadeus goes for an extra Re-Roll instead of starting with the Apothecary. Theoretically this should increase his chances of winning his first couple of matches of the season, and then having the extra winnings to spend on hiring that Apothecary (or an extra Beastman) early on. Even though Chaos usually aren't at the top of their game during their first season, as they desperately need some skill-ups, I reckon that with Filadeus coaching expertise these guys will win more games than they lose for sure.

@Kawira - Coaching Chaos under the banner Wildfire Brawlers.
    Starting Roster: 1 Minotaur, 4 Chaos Warriors, 7 Beastmen, but with zero Re-Rolls and no Apothecary.
    This is the most unorthodox and peculiar starting roster of the season, opting to start with a powerful line-up of 12 total players and every single positional (Including the Minotaur!) but going for no Re-Rolls at all. I sincerely hope that Kawira has constructed an altar to Nuffle somewhere in his home and that he prays at it very ferociously before every game, because he will need the dice to fall in his favour in order to come out on top in the matches this season. I wish him the very best of luck!

@Havol - Coaching Necromantics under the banner Headbangers Ball.
    Starting Roster: 2 Werewolves, 2 Wights, 2 Ghouls, 5 Zombies, 3 Re-Rolls.
    This Necro team puts the focus on speed, going for both Wolves and two Ghouls right out of the gate, but having no Flesh Golems yet. In a division with a lot of STR 4 opponents, you could make an arguement that the Fleshies would have been highly desirable; But on the other hand, they would be outnumbered either way, so maybe taking the hit-and-run approach and avoiding direct combat is the way to go. One thing is for certain - The Claws will be wonderful in this division as most opponents are highly armoured.

@Werebat - Coaching Lizardmen under the banner The Land Before Halftime.
    Starting Roster: 1 Kroxigor, 6 Saurus, 4 Skinks, 2 Re-Rolls, No Apothecary.
    This is certainly the correct starting roster for Lizards in my opinion, and in a division like this it makes even more sense than usual. This is the strongest team on paper, and they should be able to hold their ground against pretty much all of the other races in this division early on. If they can protect their skinks well, and get some much-needed SPP to level up the Saurus early on, I reckon they will finish close to the top of the scoreboard.

NOW FOR THE PREDICTIONS:

1. Supa - In a division with so little Block, Kislev should be stronger than average, and Agility 4 should prove invaluable against most of these opponents.
    2. Filadeus - This man's positioning of his players is legendary. Even with a team like Chaos, who usually are quite weak during their first season, I think he will do exceptionally.
    3. Werebat - Lizards are very strong at this Team Value and the Skinks should technically be very strong in a division where most opponents are on the slow side.
    4. Cjblackburn - Yepp. The Halflings will do well. I can sense it! Most teams in this division will really struggle once the Chef steals some of their rerolls as they lack starting skills.
    5. Sbr32 - I predict the Nurgle will win some and lose some, but primarily get a lot of draws against these opponents and finish somewhere in the middle.
    6. Travelscrabble - I think Travel will likely finish higher than this, truth be told. But Kislev is quite reliant on luck in their early development phase, and Travel's luck is not always on point. :p
    7. Znarx - I think Znarx is the dark horse of this division. He'll either get unlucky and lose some matches as a result of taking some risks, else he'll probably finish in the top 3.
    8. Havol - The speed advantage of the Werewolves will be the key to victory here, but if they get knocked out or injured, I think it'll be really hard to win a lot of games.
    9. Reverend Radio - Against these opponents, taking 2D-Blocks safely will be difficult, and yet dodging away with AGI 3 is tricky and unreliable. With such low AV, they may have a hard time.
    10. Kawira - I hope that Kawira does well, but without a single Re-Roll purchased, any single move - even a reasonable safe one - Can be a turnover. Risky business!

DISCLAIMER:

Everything written in this post, from the team breakdown to the predicted results, is simply my own personal opinion and I have oftentimes been proven wrong. :p So please do not be disheartened if I put you lower in the prediction than you would have preferred. Thank you.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
  3. Supa

Supa Active Member

Steam Username:
    Supa
    Cyanide Username:
    Supajee
    Country Flag:
    We really can't be seperated, @Sataric. <3

Looks like a really tough division to be in. Awesome. This'll be a great (and cruel) learning experience coaching my Kislev.

Looking forward to meeting you all on the pitch as well as pre/post-game taunting. I might fire up a new blog for my team if I have time and feel creative.

4. Filadeus

Filadeus Active Member

Country Flag:
    La Famiglia Filadore, Chaos.

Requested ticket for Lustria ingame already.

5. Sataric

Steam Username:
    Sataric
    Cyanide Username:
    Sataric
    Country Flag:
    Looking forward to seeing how you perform with your circus freaks, mate. I have high hopes for you!

Ticket sent. That was quick! :cool: Impressive.

6. Sataric

Steam Username:
    Sataric
    Cyanide Username:
    Sataric
    Country Flag:
    Tickets have also been sent to @Znarx and his Rapid Offensive Units and to @Reverend Radio and The Unclean Usurpers as I could find those two team names in your post histories. :D

7. cjblackburn

cjblackburn Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    cjblackburn
    Country Flag:
    I'm seeing alot of teams that take some time to get going. You guys better hope there isn't a team formed of the greatest the Big Crunch has ever seen. Otherwise.....

Supa and sbr32 like this.
  8. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Man what an awesome division, cj, werebat, Filadeus, Supa, Znarx, sbr all old enemies and some new guys I'm looking forward to meeting. This is going to be FUN!

Sataric and Supa like this.
  9. Znarx

Znarx Courier Staff

Cyanide Username:
    Znarx
    Country Flag:
    Ticket accepted.

10. Sataric

Steam Username:
    Sataric
    Cyanide Username:
    Sataric
    Country Flag:
    UPDATE ON TICKET SITUATION:

8 out of 10 have signed up. We're still missing team information for @Werebat and @Sire - I have reached out to Werebat on Discord and hope to hear from him soon, but if anyone knows how to get in touch with Sire that'd be most appreciated as he has not been seen logged on to these forums for over a month. Cheers. :cool:

11. Werebat

Werebat Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Werebat
    Country Flag:
    Damn it. Sorry guys, I have been away from home all week.

Also sorry because I was thinking of making a lizardman team and this is LUSTRIA, and yeah, look at all these cool coaches... But I’m currently playing in the Combo Crunch which did NOT fold as I had feared.

There is no way I can even make a team before Sunday, as I am still away from home. So I’d say just start without me guys. I should have said something in the sign up treat earlier - apologies.

12. Werebat

Cyanide Username:
    Werebat
    Country Flag:
    IF it’s going to be a huge PITA to rework scheduling and divisions (I can see you may lose TWO coaches already), and the easier thing for you all would be to wait until Sunday, I can probably swing playing in two divisions for a season. If it’s easier on you guys. I feel bad about not saying something earlier.

If that’s the case, it’s time to break out The Land Before Halftime.

13. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    I think there are people on the waiting list werebat

14. sbr32

sbr32 Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    sbr32
    Country Flag:
    We aren't even supposed to start for another 5 days, are we?

15. Werebat

Cyanide Username:
    Werebat
    Country Flag:
    If there’s other folks on the waiting list, just give the spot to one of them. If not, and y’all don’t mind waiting for Sunday for me to make a team, I’ll play.

16. cjblackburn

cjblackburn Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    cjblackburn
    Country Flag:
    @Werebat

official kick off is wednesday and we have 3 on the waiting list so no need to put yourself out.

Werebat likes this.
  17. Werebat

Cyanide Username:
    Werebat
    Country Flag:
    Another time then. But damn, nice lineup in this division!

18. Sataric

Steam Username:
    Sataric
    Cyanide Username:
    Sataric
    Country Flag:
    @Werebat - Making a team on Sunday or Monday is absolutely fine, mate. No need to worry! :)

19. Sataric

Steam Username:
    Sataric
    Cyanide Username:
    Sataric
    Country Flag:
    UPDATE: Since I was unable to get in touch with Sire, and he has not responded to my PMs, he will have to be replaced so that we can launch on time.

With that said, I would like to welcome @Havol to the Lustria division. :D

Havol likes this.
  20. Werebat

Cyanide Username:
    Werebat
    Country Flag:
    OK Sataric, Lizardman team "The Land Before Halftime" is made and ready for invite!
    I couldn't take a pass on playing with this set of coaches!

sbr32 likes this.