Mad Missionary Mob

Fallowheart

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Fallowheart
Country Flag
The Mob are looking righteous Danton. *preceding sentence said in that bodacious california surfer voice* 12 players seems a little lean though no?

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Do you not have a shot at the wild card?

He's as good as got it in his pocket.

Only if both Elfbowlers and Da Bak Breakers win their games, can they stop danton from the wild cards - and both of them have hard opponents.

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Maybe so. But now all three of your potential threats have been rendered impotent, and the Mob is through to the playoffs. Which puts the question to just where the wildcards will get seeded..

danton

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
danton
Country Flag
Indeed, the Mob are through to the next round it seems. It looks like being priests devoted to Worshipping Nuffle pays off sometimes... :p

danton

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
danton
Country Flag
Humble guess is both Wildcards will play against each other?

I suppose that could make sense, although I have no idea who the winner of that game would go on to play. I would personally prefer it if the play-off seedings were completely randomized.

TravelScrabble

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
travelscrabble
Cyanide Username
travelscrabble
Country Flag
Could seed the winner of the wildcard match against winner of Lebe vs Via, could he tough for skull if he ends up winning but then he'll already have beaten you...

Limdood

Mega Star Player
Near Chicago, Illinois - in the United States of A
Country Flag
typically a wildcard would play the highest ranked person in normal sports.

as the "reward" for coming in first in a normal season is getting the easiest playoff games.

ie. in a group of 8 people who make the playoffs, the #1 plays the #8 first, 2 plays 7, 3 plays 6, and 4 plays 5. It usually assures that the top 2 teams are most likely to play each other, since 1 is most likely to beat 8 and 2 is most likely to beat 7.

I realize that the CC organizes playoffs with the top half of the divisions and the bottom half of the divisions not meeting until the final game. It might make sense to organize the top div 1-5 player with the highest div wildcard first, and the top div 6-10 player with the lower div wildcard first. And then continuing from there pitting each remaining person who made playoffs against each other, picking 1 each from the best and worst records (of qualifying teams) in the normal season.

after all, div 1-5 has 15 seeds, and 6-10 has 15 seeds, so most likely each group of 15 will get 1 wildcard to hit 16.

Not that this is what happens at all in the CC, but its how it works in normal sports. So its even odds or better that Danton might be getting a rematch vs. Lebe first thing in the playoffs, which will probably make it "match of the week!"

danton

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
danton
Country Flag
I guess it will be up to GB to decide and I haven't seen the seeding system for the wild cards documented anywhere, so I have no idea if the Mob will be playing against Lebe, Skullashtray, or someone else! :confused:

Whoever the opponent is, I can't complain, because a wild card is lucky enough to just still be in the competition! Also, there will be no holds barred from here on out! ;)