1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Making A Passing Team

Discussion in 'General Blood Bowl News and Discussion' started by CyberMetalOverlord, Aug 30, 2013.

1. CyberMetalOverlord

CyberMetalOverlord New Member

Country Flag:
    Hi guys second thread here. Now I've wanted to get away from only playing bashing teams, I find the play-style is becoming a tad boring for me and i'd like to play a team that is able to do more with the ball than just run with it. Out of all the passing races which team do you think would be a good jumping off point for me.

2. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    Pro elves are the easiest to pass with as you don't need to worry about tackle zones. High elves are nearly as good and the AV 8 means they last longer.

However if you want to keep some running game but also pass the ball dark elves are probably better. They have better armour so survive longer and are more about switching the play from side to side and outmanouvering opponents rather than just scoring in 2 turns and hoping you can get the ball back. Humans are also good at this type of play but the AG 3 means the passes fail more.

3. Phunbaba

Phunbaba Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Phunbaba
    Country Flag:
    I'm surprised you didn't mention Woodies. They're fast, agile, and have a fair number of inbuilt rerolls. And they are quite good at capitalizing on the opponents mistakes. Like leaving the BC in blitz range of a Wardancer. This is I mistake I've learned to take advantage of with my Woodie team. Just ask Barm who thoroughly hates Woodies for that reason and more. :D

4. Captain Thorrek

Captain Thorrek Member

Country Flag:
    Skaven are another passing team worth noting. With skaven speed and two Throwers, you can change the direction of attack down the pitch. With this becomes deadly when you hand off the ball from one thrower to the other, then use the new ball carrier to run downfield and throw.

5. Ken

Ken Kenny the Mechanic

Country Flag:
    Khorne. Normal access to passing skills on all linemen. No brainer!

6. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    Orcs can use the passing game to switch sides with succes:powdodge:

7. Barmution

Barmution Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Barmution
    Country Flag:
    This will be my new column: "Just Ask Barm!" where I set myself up for trolling by having fits over various trivial issues.

8. Ken

Ken Kenny the Mechanic

Country Flag:
    "So tell us Barmution, I hurd u lik mudkipz?"

9. Barmution

Barmution Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Barmution
    Country Flag:
    I don't liek mudkipz.

I lurve dem.