1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Malware popups on accessing main BBTactics site

Discussion in 'Site News, Bug Reports and Questions' started by Nazdakka, May 16, 2016.

1. Nazdakka

Nazdakka New Member

Country Flag:
    Whenever I load a page on the non-forum area of the site, it opens a tab that appears to be trying to trick me into downloading some form of malware. Seen on multiple devices (Windows and MacOS)

I'm not going to post the URL it takes me to on the forum, please PM me if you want it.

2. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    I got sent to some Swedish version of the same now, with an autoplaying voice ad pretending to give away free Iphones. So it's a definite problem.

I used Chrome.

3. Coach

Coach Administrator Head Coach

Country Flag:
    In the middle of doing some maintenance now, hopefully the software updates will resolve this.

4. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    I don't think it fixed it. I am still getting it when I move from the main site to the forums

5. Coach

Country Flag:
    I'm unable to recreate this at all, I'm going to need more information in order to be able to resolve it.

When you say you are moving from the main site to the forum, are you typing the address in? If you're clicking on a link, which exact link and page are you doing it from etc? Also anyone who is seeing them if you can send me a private message with a screenshot of what's coming up that would also be useful to try and track this down.

Thanks Coach

6. Coach

Country Flag:
    I've managed to replicate the issue.

I just updated the theme as that was also out of date and I've deleted a lot of redundant files.
    I can no longer replicate it, so hopefully that's resolved it. If anyone has it happen again then please let me know.