1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chaos Dwarf Maximum Abuse FFP Edition (S13+)

Discussion in 'Team Blogs' started by Dionysian, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Dionysian

Dionysian Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    This is not a joyful tale of kittens and puppies and rainbows. This is not a story of succeeding against the odds. These are not plucky underdogs. This is not a celebration.

This is a tale of subjugation. Of reluctant warriors rising Spasskyesque in the darkness. A tale of conquest. Of the misguided and hesitant being trampled alongside the guilty; beaten before they began - dreams crushed like autumnal leaves. A tale of inevitable victory

This is a wake.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
    Spafe likes this.
  2. Dionysian

Country Flag:
    Stats: (Total : W/D/L)
    Wiz Scum:
    Bribe Scum:
    Misc Scum:

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
    Spafe likes this.
  3. Dionysian

Country Flag:
    Not enough Picard in the world for this....

CJ asked us not to sidetrack the vote thread so I'll reply to you here. It'll be a useful if anyone else makes the same mistake you did.

For clarity, I believe scumming is terrible for game balance and shouldn't be allowed because it's potentially game-breaking. However, if it is declared legal then those are the rules we all have to play within.

This is about game systems, rules, and mechanics. It has absolutely nothing to do with morality.

Read the first paragraph of TS' post after yours:

Then if you reread the second paragraph of my post from which you quoted you'll find I'd already shot down your hypocrisy allegation.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
  4. L-Kid

L-Kid Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    L-kid
    Country Flag:
    Your still dodging the question buddy, if it's wrong to scum because "For clarity, I believe scumming is terrible for game balance and shouldn't be allowed because it's potentially game-breaking."

How do you accept it now and i know you're going to say your doing it for the "right reasons" but your still doing it and worst your doing it on purpose because you didn't get your way...

Look i can't believe how many times I've had to re-say the same question... it's not about the digital game or my opinion on what you're doing... it's about you! As a person how believes scumming is terrible. How can you say, i can do it because it's allowed but you guys are bad for having done it!!

What happens if you get to the end, win the cup at altdwarf and the admins go ....ok, still not changing anything, wouldn't that make you by your own words "terrible" as you have done nothing but used a game-breaking feature of the game(in your own words!! i think it's fine to do this, i think it's fine for you to do this)!!

Or you get no where and just look like a hypocrite (this one less likely, you're very good at this game, i have been told)

or they change the rules and congrats, it's clear it's means really a lot to you.... but did you or did you not spend what, 4+ seasons to get to the top doing something you think is terrible for the game.

for the last time i'm not saying you can't play a scumming team, i'm asking you do you have any principles or not?

One again because i know this is hard for you to admit so you don't have to type it... let's say i think it's wrong to evade taxes but i know a legal way to evade taxes... do you think i would be a hypocrite to use that legal tax evasion?? that's it... if so, change me for you and tax evasion for scumming... do you still have the same answer?? it's a lot better with the stealing example before but i though you'll like a new one..

has it sunk in yet, it's not about the act... it's about your principles!!!! you think scumming is wrong and yet you are going to do it... it make you no better because of your "right reasons"... people do many things they find unacceptable because it's for their "good reasons" but to others their just "terrible"

You seem to love saying and pop culture so here is one for you to mull over "The road to hell is paved with good intentions" just because you and your friends think it's right doesn't mean it is buddy....

No one on this planet but monsters do anything they think is wrong because it's wrong. They always make an excuse to justify it to their conscience. That's what i think you are doing and after talking with you all day today, i think i'm bang on.

i think it'll be hilarious to watch... and believe me I've had fun today.. so i think we should just walk away from each other now.

It's clear your not going to admit what I've made abundantly clear to you so, i wish you the best of luck with your scumming team and good luck justifying it to yourself, game after game after game of scumming, that your not a hypocrite because we both know you are....

Mynimo1 likes this.
  5. Mynimo1

Mynimo1 Active Member

Steam Username:
    mynimo6
    Cyanide Username:
    Mynimo1
    Country Flag:
    @Dionysian why wait till S13? Punish all who voted against FFP (and the rest of the league) now with your Nurgle team. Show ALL of us how wrong we are now why wait?

@TravelScrabble again I ask how problematic has scumming been in BBT that I need someone to shed light on it by purposely doing it (which is fine by me - I will take my skilled players over some crappy inducements anyday)? I have asked before and still have not received an answer - except it might have been a problem in 1 game that might have decided a title 1 season but no real specifics. Again I totally understand if we are in a playoff format, but this is a perpetual league and honestly most teams don't carry more than 200K gold from week to week - so what someone scums a wizard and a babe? If he does that he can't scum anything next week or very little and there is no guarantee that anything scummed works anyways. To me its all part of the game and at times none of it is fair - if someone is unhappy with the rules as they are maybe this is not the place for them. As always I will do what is best for the League and the Admin team whichever way the vote goes without throwing a hissy fit :rolleyes:

mamutas likes this.
  6. Ravers

Ravers Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ravers
    Country Flag:
    This is all a load of bollocks really. If you want to prove a point then try doing it with a non T1 team. You're a great coach. Chorfs are a great team. I don't think you will find it easy to just stroll to the Altdwarf title but will be fun watching.

Mynimo1 likes this.
  7. Dionysian

Country Flag:
    @L-Kid I have to assume you're just trolling at this point. No-one is saying that scumming is morally wrong in the absence of a rule preventing it. We're saying that allowing it is potentially gamebreaking. If the community wants to allow it then those are the rules we play within.

This really isn't that complicated. I'm saying the lack of a FFP rule breaks game balance. However, I'm perfectly happy to play within whatever rules the community wants. If they choose to decline an FFP rule, then MA isn't a 'hissy fit' - it's simply taking the optimal path.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
  8. Dionysian

Country Flag:
    Quick extra note as this appears to be a common (if somewhat bizarre) refrain.

You can't have it both ways. You can't vote against FFP because scumming is fine/intended/not broken and simultaneously claim that MA doing it is somehow punishing the league.

It would helpful if people at least tried to make their positions consistent.

9. Street

Street Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Street
    Country Flag:
    I didn't vote against FFP, but I too find the need to make a team for this a bit odd, there is nothing stopping you just doing this with your current team.

10. Dionysian

Country Flag:
    Chorf do it much more efficiently with more frequent opportunities. Scumming-positive ruleset obv favours tv-efficient races and chorfs gain the largest advantage imo. Nurgle get weaker tho the hit isn't as large as one might first imagine.

Btw @Street did u see this? http://www.talkfantasyfootball.org/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=45044

11. Street

Street Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Street
    Country Flag:
  12. Dionysian

Country Flag:
    This is never a problem. Team Wales will likely get up to support the first tourney in that area so one of us would be able to lend you whatever you fancied. If you get a little more time and change your mind just send a message to me, hawca or 20p and we'll make sure there's a team for you.

13. Street

Street Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Street
    Country Flag:
    Cool, ill keep it in mind if I do ever get some more free time.

14. Mynimo1

Mynimo1 Active Member

Steam Username:
    mynimo6
    Cyanide Username:
    Mynimo1
    Country Flag:
    @Dionysian my position in this matter has always been clear - if you can read and understand you would know this. I used "punish" because its what YOU think you will be doing to anyone who voted for keeping the rules as they are and the rest of the league. Honestly I could give a rats ass how you or anyone else plays or what you play, what pisses me off most is people nowadays - when something doesn't go THEIR way or how THEY see it should be they protest, whine and become drama queens over it - need a crisis counselor? (if you don't get it look up what happened after Trump won the election in the US).

I don't know who you are (and you don't know me either) or how good you are at this game (me not very), I would be shocked if anyone remembers what team you played in your little protest by season 16 and I will be mildly surprised if you are even in this league by season 16 (this is your 1st season here in BBT right? way to come in and stir the pot dude). I look forward to playing your "Protest" team (and probably so do a few others as well) in the future so please save up all your gold and induce your ass off against me.

BTW I strongly suspect you are wrong, a lot of people will not regret voting NO for FFP - see how that works? Opinions everyone has ONE just like assholes.

This is the last time I will be replying to any of YOUR posts and if we ever play each other feel free to put me on mute (as you will be muted on my end). Good luck with your protests...

15. Veggente85

Veggente85 Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    VeggenteBBT
    Cyanide Username:
    Veggente
    Country Flag:
    Doesn't worth it. Just join Altdwarf and win it with a stolen wiz in the final decisive game.

16. Dionysian

Country Flag:
    For the final time it's not about punishing anyone. It's simply about optimal play within a given system. We've explained in some detail on a theoretical level why the given system under discussion is severely flawed in terms of game balance. BB is a snowball game. MA will simply be taking the optimal path in a broken system.

Some people would benefit from a study of logical fallacies. Paying particularly attention to the emotive fallacies.

#NotAProtestTeam
    #StopOverlayingYourMoralBabbageOnSystemsDiscussions

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018