1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Me and the Questions

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by PauNosCornos, Mar 30, 2018.

1. PauNosCornos

PauNosCornos Active Member

Steam Username:
    PauNosCornos
    Country Flag:
    Hi Im PauNosCornos,

im still kinda new to the game. 50 hours in. Went from noob to newbie in this week that i got the game. Alot of fun. I read About the game and reviews. Its all clear to much ppl how they think and theres much to say for both sides. In the end its take iT or leave it. Im addicted. hooked and I want to know more,

I tried several teams. And Till now Lizzardman works out the best for me. I like running between enemies with much dodge grab the ball under the nose and TD.

Still i have Some questions. And they may sound lame or boring, but Im new and still not get all things so good.

1.can you play with 1 team in different leagues?
    2. Its there a way to use ur action to run more with dice rol for example? Or is sprint the best choice for this?

3.are there leagues where the requirment is to start with a brand new team?
    4. So there are leagues where you have to qualify and than after you have ko phase?
    5. If Im in a league and I get last for example, do I need to wait till all players are done?
    6. Are there specific times you have to be online to play the league? I mean how I know when I Play against somebody?

As you see I dont have Any experience in multiplayer League, but I really would like to Join Some league, ofc a beginners league. Maybe Some suggestions would be Nice.

Thank you all and GG.

2. Ravers

Ravers Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ravers
    Country Flag:
    Hi @PauNosCornos , welcome to Blood Bowl!

1. Not usually no
    2. Any player can attempt 2 GFI's (go for it's) on top of their normal move allowance. Requires a 2 plus roll unless weather is snowing in which case it is 3 plus. The skill sprint allows a 3rd GFI, normal rolls apply on each GFI. Only way you can move more is if you chain push the player you want to move, this is where another player pushes someone on to the square your player is in, you can then potentially get pushed a square in the direction you want to go. (Quite advanced tactic though).
    3. Most leagues I am aware of require a brand new team yes
    4. Yes, I guess so, most obvious is the Cabal Champions League which anyone can join run by Cyanide/Focus. It is a ladder with Knock out play offs at the end of the season and runs for 2 -3 months I think.
    5. Yes I guess, most private leagues will have some element of promotion / relegation. Once all games are played then the teams are placed in new divisions for the following season depending on their performance, league rules etc.
    6. Most leagues will have a private forum/ use Discord / Steam etc to arrange times to play. BBTactics for example use primarily these forums and coaches let each other know of their availability each match week, and arrange a time that is good for both. Occasionally time zone difference can be a pain.

Hope that helps. If you are new to the game easiest place to get practise is in the official ladders in game, just register a team for multiplayer and they are the 1st two that come up. COL and CCL. COL is easier and 2 min turns, you will get quite a few people quitting the matches though. CCL 3 min turns and you get kicked for the season if you have 5 concedes.

We have 3 leagues here, you are welcome to apply if you wish. https://bbtactics.com/forum/threads/blood-bowl-2-which-leagues-are-available-to-play-in.6456/

3. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Hey mate, welcome to the game and the forums, glad you;re enjoying it and hope it stays that way.

1. Most leagues don't allow you to play with the same team outside their league - in fact I've never hear of one that does. It is however a good idea to play the same race in multiple leagues.
    2. Sprint is the only way to increase your player's movement beyond Go For Its.
    3. Most leagues have the requirement to start with a brand new team. This site has Big Crunch 2, Combo Crunch which is mixed teams and Little Crunch which is short season probably good for a rookiel Outside of this site a good place to go is the Reddit Rookie League Rebbrl.
    4. A lot of leagues don't have playoffs, one that does is the Reddit Main League Rebbl.
    5. Yes in a PO format that would be true though for example Rebbl runs a side tournament for players knocked out of POs.
    6. Not normally. Some leagues are tied to a particular time zone, so for example OCC requires you to be available European evenings at least once or twice a week otjers like Big Crunch are international and you need to be aware you may have to schedule with someone in a different timezone so depending on your work schedule might require you to be free on the weekend.

4. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Ravers answered first but I'll leave my answers up because they reference different leagues

5. PauNosCornos

PauNosCornos Active Member

Steam Username:
    PauNosCornos
    Country Flag:
    Thanks alot all. Very kind and very much aporiciated for all info.exactly What I needed. I Will go through everything a few times to see if i really get it all.

I feel very welcome. GG

6. mamutas

mamutas Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    mamutas
    Cyanide Username:
    mamutas
    Country Flag:
    You are very welcome here!
    There is not much to add after those excellent answers above, except that you should sign up for one of our leagues whichever you think best for you. You are bound to learn a lot about the game and the community here is the best I have seen. (Especially, the moderator, of course. ;))