1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mico's teams' chronicles

Discussion in 'Team Blogs' started by Mico Selva, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Mico Selva

Mico Selva Active Member

Country Flag:
    @Dreamy

Nah, she can still play. ;) Most of the time, she stays in the reserve box but I like putting her on the LoS on turn #16 and in similar circumstances. If she dies, she dies.

And in the unlikely case she levels up, I'll just give her Dirty Player. That should shorten her career even further.

Also, I'm saving money for the inevitable event of my team getting massacred and in need of hiring 5 new players, as I'm playing against Occam's Choppa soon.

---
    @jrpeart & Barninho

I was actually thinking of giving the Black Orc Mighty Blow or Guard first. The first one if I'm going to enter TT into next CCs (unlikely?) and the second for best short-term use. Well, I have until evening to decide.

2. Mico Selva

Mico Selva Active Member

Country Flag:
    I should have listened to Your advice, Barninho. Went for Mighty Blow and regretted it many times in yesterday's match. Guard would have been SO MUCH more useful. :(

3. Barninho

Barninho Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Harsh mate. I normally instinctively want Orcs to do terribly, but I've been enjoying your unconventional playstyle this year despite my 'racism'. Got to say it sounds like you ended up making the proverbial silk purse from a sows ear with the equaliser though.

4. Mico Selva

Mico Selva Active Member

Country Flag:
    Yes, it was one of the most unlikely touchdowns I have ever scored, right there with throwing a Snotling (who has already moved that turn) right into the endzone on the last turn.

As for the team, You can safely wish everything bad for them. The roster might be a little different than it traditionally is, but I noticed I'm playing this team in exactly the same way every other Orc team is played everywhere. So, really, no free pass should be given. ;)

5. Barninho

Barninho Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Just watched the game, and you're right, I was definitely right :)

I doubt you'll regret the choice as much in games where the opposition doesn't outguard you though.

6. Mico Selva

Mico Selva Active Member

Country Flag:
    Cheap Girls won 2-0, but earned no level ups from their game. I really need to get a Sure Hands player soon. And a kicker. And more Tackle. And some Fend. And some Dauntless.

Next up is the TV trimmer team known as Occam's Choppa, so I'm excited at all the potentially great rolls I'll get when levelling rookies who'll soon replace my dead girls.

Thirteens drew 1-1 (should have lost, really) and got two level ups (Tackle Blitzer and rookie Blitzer). I'm considering taking Guard on both, or maybe Guard on the rookie and MB on the tackler. Playing against drdodger's dark elves next, but I haven't checked his roster yet.

7. Mico Selva

Mico Selva Active Member

Country Flag:
    Some random ramblings about my today's match below.

Cheap Girls (Amazon; 1730) : Occam's Choppa (Orc; 2270)

Everything For a Dollar (Wrestle/Guard lino) earning a niggling injury from the hands (also spikes, boots and probably even teeth) of Occam's Choppa orcs :(. Luckily any other permanent injuries were avoided. :)

I got 540K inducements and bought two bribes, an apo, a wizard and a babe as inducements. I think it was a good choice, despite the fact I did not foul that much; maybe three times (still used up one bribe), wizard was basically wasted (2 knock downs only) and one of the apos failed to work (offered to turn a niggle into death).

The match started with a pitch invasion which saw three of my players (and none of the opponents) downed :angry:. Then, first block of the game sees one of my blitzers dead :( (wandering apo turned it to BH).

Gizzardpuke showed an incentive for Piling On and fouling from the start (KOd one of my girls), so I responded with some fouls myself (managed to KO one of his LV6 killers on turn #1; he did not come back all game :D). This stopped him from using PO, which was the point. ;)

He scored on turn #4 (both his KOs stayed in the bin, while my only one was brought back by the babe :D). I managed to equalize on turn #8, although he did sack my ball carrier and I had to fight to regain possession.

Fouls worked pretty well overall, I managed to KO two more of his players (I think).

He kicked twice to me and both times it ended with a touchback (even though he had a kicker). :confused:

Second half saw some heavy sideline warfare and a lot of crowd surfing, although with no permanent effects (one -ST on an orc turned into BH by the apo). At some point I felt I was being overwhelmed, but Gizzardpuke wasted all his re-rolls on :pushback: :pushback: rolls and I managed to make a break for it around turn #13 or #14, with some light screening, and finally scored on turn #16. :cool:

He tried a TTM one-turner (I surfed his Goblin earlier, but he was only stunned), which was helped by a touchback (I'm pretty sure I aimed at the centre of the pitch, as always - happens), but the landing failed. :D

2-1 to Cheap Girls.

8. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    Nice result! I played against Occam's Choppa a few seasons ago in Div 1 and was lucky to beat him 2-1, as I ended the match with only 3 or 4 players on the pitch!

9. G20

G20 Member

Country Flag:
    It always feels good to win with so many inducements on your side. You're over half way home and leading the division. Keep it up!

10. Mico Selva

Mico Selva Active Member

Country Flag:
    Here's how the team looks after the match. High On Estrogen rolled normal on her level up. Not sure what to give her, as there are so many good options. Side Step? Jump Up? Sure Hands? Dauntless? Fend? Tackle? Diving Tackle? Shadowing? Diving Catch? Kick off Return? Something else?

[​IMG]

11. Barmution

Barmution Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Barmution
    Country Flag:
    Side Step. Blodge + Guard + SS = Awesome. If she lives to gain Diving Tackle she'll be formidable!

12. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    Yep - SS all the way.

13. Mico Selva

Mico Selva Active Member

Country Flag:
    I ended up taking Side Step (and not using it even once in next match ;) ), as it is probably the best choice long-term.

MD #6 was against Tribble's goblins (Boom Boiz). My girls won 2-0, but it was far from an easy match. Would have ended 1-0, but we managed to hand-off to She Loves Unwashed Trolls on turn #16. She Loves levelled up and rolled a double (seriously...). Of course, I took Guard.

Team suffered no injuries.

[​IMG]

Next match is against Blizzard Bay Bersekers, an experienced killer Human team. They are doing pretty bad this season, so far, but some of their players are incredible, and they have plenty of guys with Tackle+MB combo, which my girls rather dislike.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
  14. G20

G20 Member

Country Flag:
    I noticed that team as well and wondered how they manage to lose so much. :confused: Maybe they have too many star players and not enough role players.

15. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    dogboy's always lost heavily. Which is odd since I didn't think he was a horrible coach - but getting half his team sucked in by trying to take down a mummy wasn't really smart, so I won't say he's a good coach.

He does win the occasional game, but with his teams many crippled stars he's handing out inducements that his team is no longer fit to fight against.

Or at least that could be one theory. :p

16. Mico Selva

Mico Selva Active Member

Country Flag:
    Terrible Thirteen are out of the Crunch Cup (and retired...) after a series of bad decisions by their coach, starting with taking Side Step on a Goblin level up (planned to take Sneaky Git, misclicked) and then playing the Orcs as I play my Amazon team back in the OCC - leaving a half-open cage which encourages my opponent to take risks and dodge/GFI a lot (usually causing turnovers).

So guess what - Etheric dodged a lot but he had an AG5 elf, so it all worked. He also did not have to GFI at all, as this elf also has MA9. Instead of turnovers I got a lot of loose balls on the ground, which was a situation Etheric's elves were much better on taking advantage of than my orcs.

Add to that a rather resilient elf armor and not very good block dice overall (Etheric's advantage of block and dodge didn't help too), and in the end You'll get 3-0 for Elf Street Band.

Seriously though, Etheric played really well. I haven't noticed any mistakes, which I could capitalize on, while I made plenty. I could only win this if I had much better dice than he did, and that just wasn't the case (especially when it comes to D6...).

Farewell to Terrible Thirteen. I might not delete them right away, but I'm not planning on playing any more matches with this team. Turns out Orcs are not really my cup of tea.

----

On the good news side, I managed to (luckily) defeat dgboyuk's blizzard bay beserkers with my Cheap Girls (2-1). Would have been a 1-1 draw, but Killer Price managed a really heroic touchdown on turn #8, which has turned the tide on the match.

Two matches left, and the girls have a really good chance of winning their division (two ties are enough). Promotion is pretty much guaranteed already.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2012
  17. Boffa

Boffa Active Member

Country Flag:
    Nice win... thats a LOT of guard your girls got... :D

18. Mico Selva

Mico Selva Active Member

Country Flag:
    Yes, so far Nuffle spares me his grace when it comes to stat ups, but makes up for it in rolling doubles. Guard seems to be working well, so I take it at every opportunity.

Well, ok, it's not completely true about those stat ups. I rolled one 6+4, on Duty Free, but took Grab (she already had Jump Up) to fight some side-stepping Skinks. Maybe I should have gone for +MA not to offend Nuffle? Also, it would have been the better choice long-term, probably, although Grab is pretty damn useful.

19. Boffa

Boffa Active Member

Country Flag:
    Yeah Mico I been thinking about grab on elves.... no one seems to take it 'cause they don't get many doubles but if you have a decent amount of guard (i got 3 now) could be so useful on a ball sacker.. wrestle/tackle/strip ball grab... get it out AND where you want it. hmm... maybe mighty blow is still better but I took it on a wardancer once and he got the ball out and exactly where I wanted it alot. Never hurts for surfs/1 ttds/annoying sidestep bastards either :D (I don't have wrackle yet so this is a long way away for me...)

Looking at your team, my elves are now only 40tv less then that, scary thought: then again you only have one tackle and mb..

Not sure how I'd play that team if I was using it, other than blitzing with Killer Price every possible opportunity ;) Loose running screens I guess?

Last edited: Jul 21, 2012
  20. jrpeart

jrpeart Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    jrpeart
    Cyanide Username:
    jrpeart
    Country Flag:
    The bolded bit indicates why this isn't a good idea. How often are you going to have a ball sacker in contact with the ball carrier in order to make a block action? And taking it just to negate Sidestep seems a bit of a waste.