1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mico's teams' chronicles

Discussion in 'Team Blogs' started by Mico Selva, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Boffa

Boffa Active Member

Country Flag:
    Yep, Forgot about that... you're right.

2. Mico Selva

Mico Selva Active Member

Country Flag:
    I took Grab because Danton was very fond of it on his DE team and I wanted to see how it works in practice.

A Grab/Stand Firm (or Grab/Side-Step) player is great for setting up crowd pushes (especially when paired with a Frenzy piece), but I'm using this skill mostly to get rid of annoying side-stepers, of which there seems to be at least one in every team - and they tend to mark ball carriers a lot (or are ball carriers themselves).

It also works pretty well with Jump Up, as the block after using Jump Up, is, well a block, not a blitz

Last edited: Jul 21, 2012
  3. Lebe666

Lebe666 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Tell us how Grab worked out... always curious...

4. Mico Selva

Mico Selva Active Member

Country Flag:
    Two last matches of the season were pretty horrible for Cheap Girls (especially the last one, where a draw would be enough for 1st place finish). Lost both with zero TDs scored, zero completions and only 14 SPPs (2xMVP + 2xcas) earned across both games. Also, Killer Price got a -MA injury (Apo'ed from Dead). :(

Finished second in the group. We'll see what happens next season, which will probably be the last one for this team, as my wife is increasingly pregnant and I am expecting our family to gain in numbers during season #16 :D. This likely means no time for Blood Bowl, at least temporarily, until situation stabilises somewhat.

EDIT: Grab works pretty well against agility teams, but overall Stand Firm is probably a little bit more useful and I often regret not taking it.

I will post bloodbowldigital screenshot sometime soon.