1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mordheim - PC release

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Jbecks, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Jbecks

Jbecks Member

Cyanide Username:
    jbecks
    Country Flag:
    Juriel posted this over at occ, but I though I would share it here too for those who don't visit the occ forum :)

Focus Home Interactive - News

Mordheim on the pc is something I would be interested in as I love the gw fluff, I don't know how the table top plays out.

2. coachman

coachman Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    bjj hero
    Country Flag:
    Looks good although I never played Mord.

Bet it would kill my aging laptop though.

3. jrpeart

jrpeart Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    jrpeart
    Cyanide Username:
    jrpeart
    Country Flag:
    The fluff for why you were fighting was terrible, but the gameplay worked quite well on tabletop. I'm looking forward to this one.

4. Narly Bird

Narly Bird Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
  5. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Sounds like a lot of fun, might be interest in a BBT side campaign if the online options are good.

6. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    Wonder what ruleset they will use as there have been no GW support in ages and the community have made numerous rulepacks to try and patch up the horrible unbalanced rules:confused:

7. coachman

Cyanide Username:
    bjj hero
    Country Flag:
    The review doesnt say if its turnbased or real time.

8. Narly Bird

Country Flag:
    Its not a very detailed review. But it does mention about initiative being important in terms of who can make take the first action. So i assume turn based, but who knows?

9. Mephiston

Mephiston Member

Country Flag:
    It's turnbased... but seem to be initiativ based ordered.

So if an enemy has a better initiative then half your units, it will do it's action after your quicker guys, but befor your slower guys can. Which would mean that as far as initiative goes, and moving first etc, Elves will probably be king (when/if Elves get added to the game that is).

I got instantly exited about this game... even though there are basicly no actual information available out there which could in any way shape or form point us towards if this will be good or not. Not a single video clip of the game in action at all.

But just the prospect of the game alone is enough to get the exitment gears turning. A lot of the taglines for this game hit's on a lot of taglines that get's to me very easily with games. Games like XCOM Enemy Unknown/Within, hit's a lot of the same taglines as Mordheim does, and I love XCOM (and it's predecessor UFO: Enemy Unknown)... and several other simmilar games.

If Mordheim turns out to be good... that would obviously be awesome... for so many different reasons. One big one would be that Games Workshop really need there to be good pc/console games out there of their IP's... because it could lead to more and better games down the road to. And if we are lucky, it could also lead us to a potential Necromunda game as well... which is another GW game I enjoyed a lot back in the day.

Man... XCOM has really turned out to be probably the best thing to happend to the gaming industry for this type of games... for players like me who missed the turnbased goodness of the past... for turnbased gaming in general. I am sure it was brewing under the surface befor XCOM came along... but the world needed a game like XCOM for the floodgates to burst open.

10. Narly Bird

Country Flag:
  11. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    I'd say "Eyes on Narly, back after 2½ months in limbo" (as far as I'm concerned ;))

12. coachman

Cyanide Username:
    bjj hero
    Country Flag:
    Looks amazing... and like it will melt my laptop.

13. Mephiston

Mephiston Member

Country Flag:
  14. Barmution

Barmution Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Barmution
    Country Flag:
    Wow, this actually looks really promising! Thanks for the update, Narly and Mephiston :)

15. Mephiston

Mephiston Member

Country Flag:
    Np... :)

I pretty much daily check around the usual spots for Mordheim info, and right now the place to get the most frequent new news is the forum and especially their facebook page (which you can find a link to on their official website I posted earlier. Not been anything new on the dev blog in over a month now.

They do seem to post a lot on twitter to... but I don't have twitter, and usually forget to check there.

16. Werebat

Werebat Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Werebat
    Country Flag:
    If you like turn based squad type games, take a look at Wasteland 2. I'm old enough to have played through the original Fallouts, and Wasteland 2 is what I was hoping Fallout 3 would be like.

17. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Just finished Wasteland 2 and I really enjoyed it, though its definitely more combat focused than Fallout 1&2 and you're not going to solve many quests without gunplay and the last part of the game needs patching but its huge and there were moments of real quality, Canyon of Titan was my favorite area.

18. Mephiston

Mephiston Member

Country Flag:
    I do like Wasteland 2, been playing it a fair bit by now. :) I have also been playing games like Shadowrun Returns/Dragonfall, Divinity: Original Sin, Omerta: City of Gangsters, Blackguards, Xenonauts, Sword of the Stars: The Pit (not to be mistaken for the space ship battle game named "Sword of the Stars"), Halfway, Legend of Grimrock 1 and 2, and probably a lot more games which I do not have anymore and have forgoten the name of. Heck I guess you could even put in games like Civ 5, Civ Beyond Earth, Endless Legend, Heroes of Might and Magic, Kings Bounty, etc as well. To name "a few" of the "recent" turnbased games I have played during the last... 5-6+ years.

So I do try and keep my ears on the ground for turnbased games... that same ear listens for RPG games as well. XD I do not like all turnbased games of course, and I do play a lot of games that are not turnbased as well (I like both types really), but as soon as I notice a game is turnbased my ears perk up and I spend a bit more time (then on other none turnbased, or none rpg based, games) to figur out if it's a game I would like or not. :)

Edit: of course... right now Mordheim is the game I am keeping the closest of eyes on, it looks so promising... so I am holding my thumbs (it's sort of, but not compleatly, the swedish version of crossing your fingers), that it's going to be good! :)

Last edited: Nov 4, 2014
  19. coachman

Cyanide Username:
    bjj hero
    Country Flag:
    Ive still got kings bounty for my sega genesis. I feel a trip up the loft coming on.

Really hoping my aging laptop will run this.

20. Narly Bird

Country Flag:
    Unfortunately i've reached one of those life changing moments where i've decided to prioritise my family life and career over pc gaming. Horrible i know, but that's what happens when you reach mid 30's (for me at least).

Who knows though, maybe its just a phase and i will snap out of it? :p