1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mordheim - PC release

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Jbecks, Mar 27, 2014.

1. kopmcginty

kopmcginty Member

Country Flag:
    I hit that early thirties. Consider me snapped out though. Everthing in moderation and all that. There's hope for you yet! :)

I always wanted to play Mordheim but none of my little group got round to buying back in the day before we all went our seperate ways.

Laptop won't cut it for this looking at the screenshots.

2. Juriel

Juriel Active Member

Country Flag:
    Meanwhile, I'm in my mid-thirties, and I'm quitting my job at the end of the year so I can do nothing but play games for the next year...

3. Barmution

Barmution Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Barmution
    Country Flag:
    Juriel in the old people's home: Why didn't I play even MORE games?! Did I really need that sleep? Fuuuuuuuuu.... *dies*

4. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Just give it a decade. I hit it in mid twenties, left it in mid thirties.

5. Mephiston

Mephiston Member

Country Flag:
    SQUEEE!!! :D

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wl8ARu8RWLs]Teaser![/ame]

6. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Rwaoargh, thunk, squelch! Hooray for Skaven, no way I'm not going to get this as long as those little guys are in it (and my laptop can cope)

7. Valokiloren

Valokiloren Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    ʋǟʟ
    Cyanide Username:
    Valokiloren
    Country Flag:
    I'm up for a mini-campaign or whatever when it eventually hits shelves/ Steam. That being said, I like the look of all four options we currently have, so I don't know who I'd pick. :D

8. Midros

Midros Member

Country Flag:
    Never heard if this before looking at this thread but I'm keen to get some rats going!

9. Narly Bird

Narly Bird Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Whilst a welcome teaser, it would be great to see some in-game play rather than these cinematics.

Here is a good summary of the differences between the original version and the upcoming game (swiped from Juriel's post on OCC):
    "With no specific orders, here are the major differences between the original tabletop game and the digital version we are creating:
    - Instead of playing every units of a warband and watch the enemy play his warbands, units are mixed in an initiative ladder. The purpose is to increase strategy and reduce the waiting time before playing actively again
    - Exploration is done in combat by the Player rather than rolled randomly after combat. It's an active part of gameplay
    - Warbands have been revamped with new units
    - Injuries encountered, besides giving penalties to the unit, also cost gold and takes time to heal putting units Out of Action for a while
    - Besides having the units gain ranks, the Warbands along with the Player will gain ranks and unlock new bonuses
    - Special chaotic events might occur and affect the battle. This is different during every skirmishes"

10. Mephiston

Mephiston Member

Country Flag:
    I actually think a large part of the teaser is actually ingame footage.

The only difference possibly is that they have a huge freedom of setting up a "camera" in certain ways, that it looks more cinematic then what we would see (like a camera following a character from the front as they are walking/running), or some of the camera paning that shows of each warband, or when you see characters attack other characters.

Of course I could be wrong... but much of the things between the 14th seconds and 50th second mark do seem like it is from ingame to me (just with the camera possibly set different in some/many cases).

11. Narly Bird

Country Flag:
    You are quite possibly correct. Sort of like the view you can do with BB where its cinematic, rather than top down.

12. Mephiston

Mephiston Member

Country Flag:
    Possibly yeah. But maybe a bit more XCOM-esque. I do think some of those shots though are the devs who have gone in and set up the ingame camera in ways that we might not be able to.

Hopefully it will only be a few, or several, more weeks befor we start seeing some actual, confirmed, ingame footage... once the Early Access thing goes live atleast. Unless they NDA's that of course for the people who do get in to it.

13. TravelScrabble

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
  14. TravelScrabble

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Aw, so sweet, but I only stole that link off the OFL thread so not much cause for hugs really.

15. Midros

Midros Member

Country Flag:
    Watched it and looks pretty cool to me! Looking forward to giving early access a go (assuming I'm able to)

16. Narly Bird

Country Flag:
    It does look pretty awesome, doesn't it! They also have their steam page up and running now: Mordheim: City of the Damned on Steam
    I may need to upgrade my computer so that i will actually be able to run this game...

Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
  17. Mephiston

Mephiston Member

Country Flag:
    Yeah, and the early access thing is apperantly not that far away as well.

For the people who get's into the early access they will get a 20% discount on the price of the game. It does seem though that to get into the early access you have to buy the game to begin with... so yeah. Buy it now for 20% less money, or buy it later for full price when the game is finished (or taken out of early access or something) I guess.

The main Mordheim homepage is also updated, it now fully sports everything one needs to not right now.

Edit: The only thing that had me worried about that gameplay trailer was the system with the circles. Now the idea it's self is compleatly fine, it's a good system. But the thing that worries me a little is that it was just distance based, and not "ground distance based". Because as it s now, if for example a building is in your way, but you could climb to the second floor and drop down on the other side of the building, then you would have used let's say 2 movement points... but at the same time if the first moevement ring reaches to the other side of the building, you could basicly run around the building (going into the second movement ring) and then go back into the first movement ring when you get to the other side, basicly saving you 1 movement point due to it.

Now, I am sure that they will adress this down the line, and make it so that it is more of a ground based distance... so that the blue ring circles we saw in this trailer will not be circles, but more bubbles that go around corners and what not (like in XCOM EU/EW).

Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
  18. Valokiloren

Valokiloren Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    ʋǟʟ
    Cyanide Username:
    Valokiloren
    Country Flag:
    So, I'm probably going to have missed something blatantly obvious and be doing something stupid here, but where exactly can I pre-purchase this? 'Cause I really want to get into the Early Access and stuff, but the link didn't let me prepurchase through Steam...

19. Mikko

Mikko Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Mikko
    Country Flag:
    Early acces is not open yet...atleast in steam.

20. Narly Bird

Country Flag:
    I am always hesitant about pre-purchase, as you don't know what you are going to get. Would generally much rather wait until the game is out and i can hear some feedback/reviews.

Looks pretty cool though and i wouldn't blame people for pre-purchasing this one.