1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More online league sections needed?

Discussion in 'Site News, Bug Reports and Questions' started by Gallows Bait, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Gallows Bait

Gallows Bait Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Gallows-Bait
    Cyanide Username:
    Gallows Bait
    Country Flag:
    Just a little thinking going on.

Is it possible to add further divisions to our online leagues section.

With Crunch Them All, BBT's Aussie contingent and Panda's community league all having threads in General, it may be worth adding a section for more than just the Crunch Cup.

Also given Crunch Cup now seems to have spawned Crunched and we have talked about others, it might be handy to have more options than just adding threads under Crunch Cup.

But I also don't want to make it feel that Cyanide play is taking over the site. :eek:

2. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    THN has its own forum so a recruitment thread is probably enough, and DUBBL seems to manage well with a single thread so far. Crunched Cup should be within the Crunch Cup forum, and the CTA thread could be moved there as well.

But I would agree that there could be possibly be a third subforum beneath the "Online Blood Bow" banner. After "Crunch Cup" and "Crunch Cup Courier" there could be an "other online leagues" - only that would probably steal a lot of posts from both "League and Team Development Tactics" and "General Blood Bowl News and Discussion"

So in the end I would probably not recommend it, and if it becomes a popular idea then naming it well would be important.

3. Gallows Bait

Gallows Bait Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Gallows-Bait
    Cyanide Username:
    Gallows Bait
    Country Flag:
    I don't necessarily want to take away Tactics section posts and so forth, I just am not a fan of watching perpetual CTA type threads cluttering up General.

Similarly I personally I would prefer to separate out the different activities going on in the CC forum sections.

But them I am rather a fussy accountant who prefers neat and tidy. :)

4. Coach

Coach Administrator Head Coach

Country Flag:
    If there is demand for it I can add them, what do others think?

Personally I've considered it though I'd rather not have so many different forums that they all appear to be empty and unused...

5. Barninho

Barninho Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    To be honest I'm ambivalent about the idea, but from the point of view of those leagues I would say they are likely to get more people browsing the general who wouldn't check another section, and therefore drum up more interest as a result.

Honestly don't mind though either way.

6. Rusty

Rusty Active Member

Country Flag:
    I'm not sure it's necessary right now. There are only three such threads in the General forum right now, and I'm not sure three counts as clutter. :p Well I'm actually going to start a new one for DUBBL II, but then the first will drop down pretty quickly. It would also be rather quiet in the new forum as things stand. So I'd say not yet, but maybe in the future if a few more league threads appear - although given how many people just pile into the OCC it might take a while for that!

7. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    Why not just have one more section for "non-Crunch" online leagues and group all of the threads there?

8. Ryan

Ryan Member

Country Flag:
    id agree i was wondering where to ask advice about starting my own online league, and couldn't really find anywhere

9. Coach

Coach Administrator Head Coach

Country Flag:
    If in doubt post it in the general forum.

I'd still ask that in there even if there was a dedicated online league section.