Munch Spoon 7: allow mixed teams or not?

Should mix race teams be allowed into Munch Spoon 7?

• Yes, sure

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Absolutely not

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • I am fine either way

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters

mamutas

Super Moderator
Steam Username
mamutas
Cyanide Username
mamutas
Country Flag
So, I have read some opinions and it seems people don't think that it will be fun to add mix race teams into the competition with regular race rosters.
I went with the assumption that it would be ok to have mixed race teams in MS7.

What do you think?

If most of you says 'nope', then I won't accept them.

Ravers

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Ravers
Country Flag
Honestly I think if you allow mixed teams then no one will roll a standard team as they are just significantly worse. I mean if you could have eg dwarves with Wardancers you're going to prefer that over a runner. Khemri with a couple of AGI 3 players etc. So if you want a cup with mixed race teams then that's fine, but I would not expect any 'normal' teams.

Scaritus

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Scaritus
Cyanide Username
Scaritus
Country Flag
I think it would be a good place for a testing ground at least. It could always revert back after a season. It might be a nice difference from the BC if the cup allowed mixed teams. I do agree with @Ravers that if you make it mixed you'd be unlikely to get many standard teams.

mamutas

Super Moderator
Steam Username
mamutas
Cyanide Username
mamutas
Country Flag
Well, it seems like you all agree that it would be fun to play them, but not in this kind of competition.
Ok. Fine. No mixed teams in Munch Spoon. I'll update the rules for sign up.

Farsha

Star Player
Steam Username
Farsha
Cyanide Username
Farsha
Country Flag
I think mixed teams would have to be heavily house-ruled in order to allow them, as they can easily get lot stronger than any normal team.
Like max number of big guys and positionals on the team, even then well though out mix will be hard to play against.

Znarx

Courier Staff
Cyanide Username
Znarx
Country Flag
I think the mixed teams are potentially interesting, but they're seriously unbalanced. For example, giving Wood Elves access to AV8 linemen or giving Khemri access to AG3 players is seriously broken.

I think at a minimum, they should:
- give all players on a Mixed Team the Animosity trait
- increase the cost of positionals by 20-30K.
- I'm not sure if Linemen should stay their original price or have added cost as well
- increase the cost of rerolls for mixed teams.

Ravers

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Ravers
Country Flag
I think the mixed teams are potentially interesting, but they're seriously unbalanced. For example, giving Wood Elves access to AV8 linemen or giving Khemri access to AG3 players is seriously broken.

I think at a minimum, they should:
- give all players on a Mixed Team the Animosity trait
- increase the cost of positionals by 20-30K.
- I'm not sure if Linemen should stay their original price or have added cost as well
- increase the cost of rerolls for mixed teams.

Whilst I agree with what you say on the Cyanide client not sure any of that can happen. Rerolls are actually cheaper for quite a few 70TV per RR teams as they drop to 60. I think a mixed team competition could be interesting, but would need to be separate from a standard teams one for balance.