1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nurgle Mutant Ninjas

Discussion in 'Team Blogs' started by Tirean, Dec 10, 2017.

1. Tirean

Tirean Active Member

Country Flag:
    Some say they were heroes in a half shell, others say they loved pizza. The only thing for certain though is that they are not human!

Team stats:

3 Wins 7 Draws 4 Loss
    15TD scored 17TD conceded
    7 kills

Current team:

super rotters.jpg
    Hall of fame nominations:
    Scrag
    Scrag.jpg

The ever capable Scrag. Always seems to be where he is needed and getting the results done. If something needs doing Scrag is the Rotter to do it. If he can survive for another level up surely he will be cemented as a legend in the ranks of the Mutant Ninjas.

Players to watch!
    Mona Lisa
    Mona lisa.jpg

A rotter who looked up to the ever famous Scrag. One day she wished to have his strength and so she began to train harder than anyone. As you can see this paid off and her strength increased by 33%!! The only question is what will she do with this new found strength? Only time will tell! Will she make the Hall of Fame or the Hall of Shame?

Hall of Shame
    Lord Dregg
    Lord Dregg.jpg

Ever had someone on your team who took up a lot of space, time and resources but never actually contributed to anything to the project? That is this guy! 7 games of just being a useless ugly tentacle creep. Majority of my draws were based on this guy not doing his job by either rolling stupid or rolling double skulls / both downs and failing the loner reroll. Tempted to fire his sorry ass!

Let's hope he can redeem himself in the future. I highly doubt it though.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
    Ilgoth and doohickey like this.
  2. Tirean

Tirean Active Member

Country Flag:
    Next game is against the Humans of Lustria - Avarage is good enough.

Hoping they live up to their name! Beginning to think about pushing for top 4 place this season and this game is very big in that aspect.

Gameplan will be simple, use my strength advantage to bash them into submission.

The humans still have a game against the newly formed Amazon team so they could be looking very different by time I get to play them. Hoping to not give away too many inducements!

doohickey likes this.
  3. Tirean

Tirean Active Member

Country Flag:
    Game should go ahead on 17th at 9am EST.

So the Human game has been completed and I still have no idea what TV I will be up against. The team as of right now is currently looking like this

[​IMG]

Best guess the Ogre gets Guard or standfirm. Worst case is Block!! Either way I think my team matches well against the humans. Unsure what to do with TV. He could drop a RR due to leader and go with 4 instead of 5. This will put him in Wizard range without eating into his bank. He could keep everything the same and get a bribe. He could eat into his bank and get a Wizard. A lot of uncertain things coming from my opponent in terms of TV.

I am a little reluctant to give up my Rotters right now. I may give up 1 for the match and go with a team of 13 instead of 14 but most likely wont.

I feel my team matches well against the Humans. Need to be careful of the blitzers and make sure the ogre isn't assisting with any guard on key areas. Wizard could make it difficult if he ends up getting one.

Win would be nice and i'd accept a draw. Hope I don't choke hard and gain a loss or that nuffle decides today is the day where my AV8/9 becomes AV0.

Attached Files:

4. Ilgoth

Ilgoth Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    Ilgoth
    Cyanide Username:
    Ilgoth
    Country Flag:
    Shame you didn't pull a win. No damage done though, rotter is a rotter.

5. Tirean

Tirean Active Member

Country Flag:
    The dream of top 3 is over!!! Lost 2-1 against the filthy humans!

Was a pretty good game honestly. Dice were interesting on both parts. He had a pretty easy drive. He elected to receive and scored on T8. The dice were very mean to me during his drive. A lot of double skulls and both downs without being able to deliever any KO's/injuries to the enemy. Second half my guys decided they could fight back. I had a pretty easy charge up the field and had a choice, score on T12 and have 4 turns to counter score or play for the draw. I decided to score being confident I would have a chance at counter scoring/ at least stopping him from scoring.

Well Lord Dregg didn't seem to want any part of that plan.

[​IMG]

Failed the loner RR and well nothing I could do from here.

In hindsight I should have probably moved some pieces first and made a screen to at least stall the offensive push a little longer, however I put my faith in the big guy and he let me down once again. During this season I have put a lot of faith into Lord Dregg and every time he has let me down, due to this I have decided to make a new category in my main post. To accompany my Hall of Fame we will have a Hall of Shame, a place where those who continually let the team down will go. Lord Dregg has a nice spot here. Look he hasn't even leveled up after 7 games!! COMON DUDE PULL YOUR WEIGHT!!! *mumble grumble*

Either way was a fun game and I would have played for the win every single time. Next season I would have probably played for the draw, this season however is about gaining a lot of SPP to compete with the developed teams of next season.

Speaking of SPP guess what happened? Mona Lisa rolled a double six!!! I am now stumped. The logical choice is to take guard and make it a support piece. However Scrag continues to shine in everything he does and due to this I am very tempted to take the +str on Mona Lisa and mimic Scrag. That is A LOT of TV to put into 2 Rotters I know, but it is tempting. 7 players on the field at a time with +4 str is pretty good!

Attached Files:

6. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Heh well why noy if youre doing another development season anyway

7. Ilgoth

Ilgoth Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    Ilgoth
    Cyanide Username:
    Ilgoth
    Country Flag:
    Go for +ST. Make him special. ;)

8. Tirean

Tirean Active Member

Country Flag:
    Decided to go with the +ST on Mona Lisa. She is now on the players to look out for on my team! Will she be a star of the future or will she go down doing nothing? Only time will tell!

9. Tirean

Tirean Active Member

Country Flag:
    So I have been pretty busy with work lately that I wasn't able to update my blog how I wanted to :( Oh well!

So just played the vampires!!! I went into this game fully expecting to win in a comfortable manner. I was giving 200k up in inducements but I wasn't fully concerned about giving up the wizard and the babe.

It was Christmas weather during our game! Snow for the full 16 turns!!
    Game began great, he let me attack first and I took advantage. KO after KO after KO into a dead vampire who recovered from the Apo to sit on the bench. I had a lot of comfort near the end zone and decided to score on T7. Did this for 2 reasons. First so I could have some more chances of killing and injuring some Thralls. Second I didn't trust Nuffle with the wizard then pickups. Well turns out anyway that Nuffle is a bitch!

Filadeus gets Perfect defense and takes advantage of it. He then puts himself in a situation where he needs a 6+ pass and Nuffle gives him it!!!!! I am able to get some players marking him and force him to make some risky players on T8 and nuffle gives him them. Well that scoring on T7 backfired big time!!! 1-1 at the half!

Second half we play cat and mouse, his vampires retreating me chasing. My number advantage took effect but strong dice on Filadeus side kept giving him a chance. Knocked the ball out of his hands twice but he was able to recover and come down the field! T15 he got up, blitzed, picked up the ball and would have scored if it wasn't for the very first bloodlust of the game (He had 1 bloodlust in 30 attempts!). T16 with a RR left I had a chance to do a full pitch TD. Picked up the ball, moved up the 2 snow GFIs with still having my RRs left. Go for the pass and fail, RR and fail... comon Nuffle was just a 4+ pass!!!!!. Game over 1-1, bah sucks! :D

Would have been crazy if I was allowed that T16 play! I think the dice needed were +3 +3 +3 +4 +3 +3 +3 +3 :D according to Samba that is a 2.926% chance! 11.218% with RR!!! The dream was possible!!

Next up the Amazons. Wish I had 11 tackle pieces..... can I play as Dwarfs this game? :D

10. Tirean

Tirean Active Member

Country Flag:
    So have some decisions to make on level ups!!! Karai rolled 5+5. Now majority of people will say ignore it and take block however that is very short sighted! I mean I may end up just doing that but hey don't judge me!!!

So other things I could take..

+MA, become a CW with less agility!!!! :D
    +Dodge, this is a long term move. Dodge, block, standfirm, Tail would be what I go for if I chose this. Make him hard to move and dodge away from!!
    +Diving Tackle, less of a road block build and more of an annoying guy who doesn't want people escaping him.

So all 3 of these have the potential of delaying his development. However is that really an issue with my team right now? 7 4 str guys make it so my team can take some risks in development I feel.. Need to think on this one!

11. TravelScrabble

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    I would one hundred percent don't take MA, you already have a lot of bloat relative to the amount of skills you have, you don't want to add more. That leaves the doubles, yes both dodge and DT have potential but he will take an insanely long time to level if you get either of these. With 2 str rotters I would be concentrating on making the rest of the team as streamlined as possible.

12. Tirean

Tirean Active Member

Country Flag:
    Decided to go MB on this NW first instead of block. Need more of a punch on this team to help me reduce numbers. My Rotters are pretty bloaty afterall! Don't tell anyone though! Love them both! I'd take 6+6 on all my rotters :D 11 4+ STR players please!!!!

Depending on my next opponents TV I may remove 1 Rotter from my team to make sure he doesn't get a Wizard.

Really afraid of wizards killing my rotters :D Would like them to be part of the cage wall but too afraid when Wizards are afoot.

13. TravelScrabble

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    I'm confused as to why Rebbl is so in love with mb before block. Against non-block players block actually gets you more cas than mb as well as being safer - the situations when mb first is better seem very limited to me - on your primary blitzer sure but as for everyone else i'd always get block first.

14. Tirean

Tirean Active Member

Country Flag:
    I feel block is better for when you don't know your opponents. MB against av7 opponents seems more likely to get that injury experience than block would. Now the issue does arise if I roll a 6+6 next with him. Delaying block even longer could be an issue.

15. Street

Street Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Street
    Country Flag:
    I think the main point, even if you can argue that MB gets you more injuries vs AV7, it only works when you knock them down, which won't be happening on both down results without block. Plus Block is just always useful, even when being hit (Which is a big part of the job for Nurgle warriors!)

16. Tirean

Tirean Active Member

Country Flag:
    I do want to try a 2 block 1 MB 1 guard start with my 4 NWs. If this doesn't work I may be won over by block first on all 4!

17. TravelScrabble

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    The math is pretty straight forward against av 7 the chance of getting a knockdown armour break and cas with a block player using 2d against non-block is 5.2% against av 7 vs 5.4 for non-block mb.

For av 8 its slightly more useful and for av 9 more useful still.

So it's a very amall increase in spp gain traded for a lot less reliability.

18. TravelScrabble

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Still its better than I thought

19. Tirean

Tirean Active Member

Country Flag:
    Muntant Ninjas VS Phantom Girls is our next and final match up of the seasons. I have 3 words for this game; This will suck.

20180102061423_1.jpg

Look at that team! BLODGE EVERYWHERE!! We don't have a single tackle on our side or wrestle. Will need to work on that in the next season so we can fight against those dodge teams! On the bright side I haven't had a game in a long time where I have rolled a lot of POWs, if this is one of those games where I do roll some POWs I have a couple of MB players that could do with injuring people, hell if Scrag gets 1 injury and survives I will have a level 4 Rotter who will get block! / Guard on a double!

So for this game I am expecting a 1-1 result. I think my team will have a lot of issues stopping him from scoring, hell just getting the ball off one of those blitzers is going to be a nightmare. HOWEVER! I feel he will have a lot of issues stopping me from scoring. As long as I don't make too many positional mistakes we may come out of this with a point!

I have some words for Lord Dregg also - If you make me lose this game by rolling stupid or / skulls - both down then fail loner RR I am going to start cutting off your tentacles and feeding them to the rotters until they grow tentacles! DO YOUR JOB DAMMIT!

20. Ilgoth

Ilgoth Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    Ilgoth
    Cyanide Username:
    Ilgoth
    Country Flag:
    They seem to max out armor breaking, no matter the cost. Have noticed the same with their commentary on teams.

Good luck against those amazons @Tirean - gonna need some luck to knock them down. That amount of dodge means they will be doing it a lot, so might also bring in some lucky turnovers. Focus on those moments to position well and capitalize.