1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nurgle Mutant Ninjas

Discussion in 'Team Blogs' started by Tirean, Dec 10, 2017.

1. Tirean

Tirean Active Member

Country Flag:
    So last game of the season! This is how the table is looking right now.

[​IMG]

First of all I am way higher than I honestly expected to be! I am a pretty new Blood bowl player so quite happy to not have more losses than wins at this point! Hoping that doesn't change this week. Looking at this weeks schedule I may actually stay in 6th. That may put me in a position for promotion, it may not! I don't think i'd mind one more season in Lustria just to build my nurgle team a little more. If I do get promoted though then game on!

So plan will be to aim for a draw and end 2-5-2. If I get a chance to score early on my drive i'll try to avoid it! Not really playing for development this game just want a result! Top 6 or bust! Would be nice to get a TD on my 3SPP pestigor also. Need to work on a ball sacker (Going to try and wait to get an agi4 ball carrier on my pestigors!)

2. Ilgoth

Ilgoth Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    Ilgoth
    Cyanide Username:
    Ilgoth
    Country Flag:
    How did the last game go?

3. Tirean

Tirean Active Member

Country Flag:
    I made a report on it on the 22nd of december if you talking about the vamp game! Let's just say it was a pretty fun game but I am still salty about the amount of bloodlusts the vamps rolled during the entire game. Spoiler alert! It was 1 in 28!!!!! Got a draw from it though :D So all good!

4. Tirean

Tirean Active Member

Country Flag:
    Lord Dregg.... Lord Dregg.... Lord Dregg..... wait, let me not get ahead of myself!

So last game of the season, 6th vs 1st! Nurgle vs Amazon. Ugly vs naked ladies! It was time for an epic showdown. Amazon win the coin toss and choose to defend first, or so I thought. BLITZ! Amazons come charging in and on T0 knock out a NW and invade my side of the pitch. That is ok though, wait did I mention it is raining? Begin my drive and set myself up to defend vs the amazon invasion and all I had to do was pick up the ball... rolled a 3... That is ok have a RR.. rolled a 1. Yep, one of these games again! Luckily I forced the amazons to score on T4 to give me a chance at scoring in 4 turns. You know, what nurgle are best at doing, scoring quickly and lo and behold we actually scored on T8!! 1-1.

So signs of Lord Dregg being Lord Dregg began to appear. T7 the guy decides to get knocked out by an amazon 1D'in him.. He decided to wake up on his second attempt. T9 he decided you know what, I like sleep, let's get knocked out again! All hope was lost when he fell to the ground in a daze of sleep, lost my only guard and my only way of holding the amazon dodge in place and therefore the game. 2-1 final result!

So I do feel I performed much better than I expected to do. Playing clan league has helped my positioning a lot! So many great coaches I have had to play against lately, learning how to position kinda :D I don't think my position I am in with automatically promote me so another season at T4 may be had, however I am expecting great things from this team next season! See you all then!!

TravelScrabble likes this.
  5. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Lord Dregg and Withnail should form a team together

Ilgoth likes this.
  6. Tirean

Tirean Active Member

Country Flag:
    I think they would go well together. I have the theme music ready for their entrances!

7. Tirean

Tirean Active Member

Country Flag:
    URGENT NEWS REGARDING THE TEAM!!!

We got promoted somehow.. we are doomed!! DOOMED I SAY!

Gathered some of the players to interview them on the promotion.

Lord Dregg: Blood bowl? What is that? Wait I have been in a blood bowl team? Are you sure? And we got promoted? Really? Well with a guy like me on the team that does make sense.

Scrag: Me hit hard, they go down, tier 4, tier 3, no matter, me hit hard.

Mona Lisa: Mmm Scrag is so heroic.

Shredder: Were all going to die.....

So as you can see the team is very excited for the up and coming season!

Ilgoth likes this.
  8. Tirean

Tirean Active Member

Country Flag:
    So schedule is out... get to face my arch nemesis in the second game! I don't think he knows that he is now my arch nemesis but he will soon find out! Damn vamps!!

So have to play against the team I played against in my last game of the season. Was a pretty straight forward defeat then! Things will be different this time though! I actually have 2 guard on my team! He took me to a bash war and won last time, not this time! REVENGE WILL BE MINE!!!! Just hope Lord Dregg second season goes A LOT BETTER THAN HIS FIRST!!!!

9. Tirean

Tirean Active Member

Country Flag:
    Match Report

Season 10. Ostland. Match week 1: Mutant Ninjas vs Phantom Girls

Seems today that Nuffle was in a bad mood, for both teams. Start of the game one of the amazons best players got hit with a rock in the face and died, couldn't be saved by the apo and boom we actually have a fighting chance! The death of that amazon made it so the team only had 2 guard pieces instead of 3, and with me matching those 2 with my own 2 and having A LOT more strength than the amazons things were looking good for the nurgle for once!

Things were looking good on my drive until I allowed a 1D hit against my ball carrier which then caused a knockdown. 1D'in was a theme from the amazon players this game and the majority of them ended in very favorable results for them. Had a chance to score on T8 but failed the 4+ pass, those never work for me. Was VERY disappointed in myself this half. Had man advantage and strength advantage, should have scored but that 1 positional mistake and that 1D just caused havoc. 0-0 half time.

So during last seasons game against the Phantom girls they had a very easy time scoring against me, however with how the first half went I was pretty confident in my defense, it all just depended on one player to keep those dodging players in place. Yes you know the guy. He is big, ugly, smelly and has these weird tentacles coming out of his body, the one and only Lord Dregg!!! So we all know how that ended.......Magnificently! It was the strangest thing, he did everything he needed to do, he held players in place, he knocked players down, he moved to better positions, hell when people went to hit him he knocked them down instead! I couldn't believe it, MVP for sure this game! He either really didn't like me putting him in the Hall of Shame or the guy has been taking illegal performance enhancing drugs during the off season.

So less gushing over Lord Dregg and more about the game. Was able to tie up majority of his players on the LOS and keep them progressing no further, was unable to do that last season. Having that extra guard is pretty huge for my team. He made a dash for it on the side which had a little bit of weakness but I was able to intercept with Lord Dregg and have him against the ball carrier. Knocked ball out of his hands and was able to get it on one of my players. 4 turns left to score and the ball on my pestigor I felt pretty confident. Had a amazon behind my line being marked by a player and moved my pestigor into position so the amazon would have to dodge into his tackle zone and then would be just on a 1D. Remember that theme of 1D? Amazon gets the 4+ dodge and proceeds to knock the ball out of my pestigors hands. *Sigh*. I need to look at the replay and see if I had a better place to put him but I think with how the positions were he was always just 1 dodge away from getting me. Smarter choice may have been to place him directly against the dodgy amazon and make him roll up, however that would have required a GFI and I had no RRs. No one was able to pick up the resulting downed ball for the rest of the game and we end in an interesting 0-0.

This game I feel I lost the win. I don't think I played badly I just think I made mistakes during key moments of the game. Both of us had good dice throughout. I had 15 Armor breaks and only caused 1 injury and 5 KOs. Had great potential for gaining a lot of SPP this game but the dice wasn't with me there. I actually feel a little more confident about this season than I did before the first game. My STR advantage seemed to nullify the dodges, just need to keep my key pieces healthy in the next few games while I gain some more SPP.

10. JJape

JJape Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    JJape
    Country Flag:
    It was a tight and interesting match. My blitzers could not really hold the line, getting removed too much, too early (most injuries and KOs were on them). My star thrower (Mitsurue, Str4) failed where it counted several times. But we managed to hold on to draw mostly by Yukiko, our blodgestepping catcher, who succeeded in 4+ dodges and 1D blocks, and refused to go down from marking the ball despite taking numerous blocks.

The strength disavdantage was really problematic. Zons don`t have speed to make fancy maneuvers (and should not even try, as our 2/5 success rate on GFIs shows).

Maybe I should start my own blog, always interesting to read these. But I fear I don`t have time

TravelScrabble likes this.
  11. Tirean

Tirean Active Member

Country Flag:
    Player development updates.

Been a little slack on this but here goes!

Rocksteady (NW) Has reached level 3 and has been upgraded with guard. He is now a Block+Guard NW! Was no real debate on what to give him on his level up, needed more guard so gained more guard!

Mona Lisa (Rotter) Has reached level 3 and has been upgraded with block. So Mona Lisa rolled a 6+4, was thinking of giving her a +AV to make her into a chaos warrior with decay. That may have been a really fun option in trying to get her to level 4 but I don't think it would have helped me win any games at all. Was debating between wrestle and block and decided that even though wrestle is a pretty good skill i'd rather a 4 STR rotter to stay on their feet.

Scrag (Rotter) Been stuck on 29/31 SPP for like 3 games now x.x

Shredder (NW) Still hasn't even managed to gain his first level and is sitting on 5/6 SPP. Like how many games without injuring someone? comon dude! Maybe putting him in the hall of shame will help.

12. Tirean

Tirean Active Member

Country Flag:
    Next game + predictions

So my next game is against my arch nemesis! The Ladies in Velvet coached by the hateful Filadeus! I will never forget my last game vs these guys. I have heard the rumours of how bloodthirsty these vampires are but apparently they were all false. Just 1 bloodlust the entire game!!!!!!!!! Makes my blood boil!!!!! ARGHHH REVENGE WILL BE HAD! I WILL WATCH YOUR VAMPIRES EAT THRALL AFTER THRALL ON THE BATTLEFIELD!! oooh... maybe I am a vampire....

So should be a fun game. I had no guard last time we met and his team looks kinda similar to how it once was, maybe a few more wrestles. I am not expecting to lose this game but don't expect to win it either. Raven Saintess the blodge vampire was pretty hard to knock down last game and considering I don't have any tackle or wrestle on my team it will probably be just as hard. So I am expecting a 1-1 draw as the final result, similar to last game.

If no bloodlusts occur this game I will be placing bounties on the heads of these vampires with lovely prizes attached to them! filthy vampires...

TravelScrabble and sbr32 like this.
  13. Tirean

Tirean Active Member

Country Flag:
    Woah 2 games and no updates, who is this lazy coach here?

Kinda left it too late here to give summaries of the games so i'll tell you what I remember from them both.

VS Vampires

Dirty Vampires throwing gaze after gaze at me and being successful with majority of them! Left my guys standing a little hapless! However just like our first game they couldn't stop me from scoring and just like our previous game I couldn't stop him from scoring, dirty vamps. Also I had a major heart attack this game. Mona lisa gets hit AND A INJURY. I was like "Man she only just leveled and got block!!!" We got lucky though, just a MNG on both rolls... Man what a scare. 1-1 result.

VS Wood elfs

Man I was not looking forward to this game, however for the first time ever I was at a TV deficit and by a lot. I was able to get my good friend max on my team and a bribe! Come here little elfs!! I went into this game expecting the worse and well yeah it went pretty bad! Won the toss took offense and attacked with all I could! Max was a huge distraction but was removed by turn 4, this allowed the most fearsome elf in the world to appear, Neville Longbottom. The scariest and fiercest monster to walk the league of Ostland *shivers*. With a leap here, a dive here, a pow and a little dance I had lost the ball and the elfs go and score a T8 touch down. Yep the elfs scored on my drive...

Elfs begin their drive and then do something stupid, they try to pass the ball... you hear that? They tried to pass the ball against my nurgle! Well ball on the ground and I pounce! And I pounce hard. I recover the ball and move up the field while being chased by that monster *shivers*. Think he knocked the ball out of my hand at least 3 times in 5 turns. Managed to score on my T15.. Yep T15... You know what that means. Elf on T16. Push, push, push, Pass, catch, run, run, run TOUCH D......SLIP AND FACEPLANT INTO THE GROUND.

Phew.. Somehow managed to get a draw vs the scariest creature known to mankind. Very happy with that result.

Oh yeah a rotter leveled and got a double. So I now have a guard rotter.. So nothing new on my super rotter department.

14. Tirean

Tirean Active Member

Country Flag:
    So two games in a row I have been harassed by a single player each game who seemed to carry the weight of the world on their shoulders. Need a wrackle player so badly! If only my 2nd pestigor didn't keep getting injured/killed!

15. Tirean

Tirean Active Member

Country Flag:
    Updates! Updates! Updates!

Been crazy busy with work and rebuilding my stream that my little blog over here has been neglected! Hope my adoring fans didn't mind too much at the absence of stinky content! So I updated the first post with my current team. I am VERY happy with the development of my team so far. The only thing i'd have to say I am unhappy about that my 2nd pestigors keep finding ways to die. Soon we will be adding some claw to the team and some tackle players. So as long as none of my key players die we should be golden.

Have no new entries for the hall of fame right now. Mona lisa is on thin ice of being removed from the hall of fame as she hasn't really been contributing much in the last few games. Scrag still being a beast and is 6 SPP away from another level where he will most likely get claw!

Hall of shame still has Lord Dregg! However 2 of the 5 games we have played this season Lord Dregg has been key, but the other 3 he was absolutely useless. So still keeping an eye out on if he deserves to be removed from his position of worst player in the world!

So far this season I am 1-3-1. This is WAY better than I expected to be at this point considering some of the teams I have played against. Expecting to finish the league with more wins than losses this time! Should put be comfortably around 5th place. Would be nice to get promoted but I also would like another season of development!

16. Regor

Regor Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Really funny to see so great rotters! A small tip, rotters work good with foul appearance, help them to be "alive"

17. Street

Street Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Street
    Country Flag:
    I assume you mean foul appearance?

@Tirean can't remember but don't think we have played yet this season. I will say I am not looking forward to the game though hunting down and fouling those rotters will likely be a priority for my Brets!

Edit:

Nice to see @toastguy7 still going as a rotter on your team!

18. Regor

Regor Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    u right i will edit!

19. Tirean

Tirean Active Member

Country Flag:
    Don't foul my rotters! They did nothing wrong!

20. Ilgoth

Ilgoth Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    Ilgoth
    Cyanide Username:
    Ilgoth
    Country Flag:
    But they might.