1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My new games business - Explosive VI

Discussion in 'Site News, Bug Reports and Questions' started by Coach, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Coach

Coach Administrator Head Coach

Country Flag:
    I've been working on this far longer than I thought it would take, but I'm pleased to announce my new project / business! After redundancy and not being motivated by anything else I thought it would be a good time to try and start up on my own.

I'm sure all of us here are gamers to some degree so I've combined all my experience into creating an online tabletop games retail site. Unfortunately due to postage costs overseas you can only buy from the UK. Playing other games at Blood Bowl tournaments has become more prevalent over the years and I've certainly been spreading my time over more games, especially Android Netrunner.

So if anyone in the UK is after buying board / card /dice games or accessories I hope you'll support me with your purchase! If you're after something I've not got listed then fill out the contact form and I'll special order it. Bigger orders will get increasing automatic discounts.

Explosive VI Board Games

There is one obvious omission and that's the lack of Blood Bowl for sale, though I'm sure that this isn't much of a surprise. You'll have to make do with Blood Bowl Team Manager instead which I can get, though there are many other alternatives as well!

Also if you're attending Thrudball (my local charity tournament) I'll give 5% of all orders delivered at the event to the proceeds and 10% from all purchases of the Blood Bowl Team Manager and expansions. For more details on this check out the Thrudball 2014 blog post.

[​IMG]

For non UK people who want to offer your support, I'll have things to ask of you in the future... I'm also happy to work with tournament organisers to post orders to them for you to collect from if you're travelling to the UK. Also open to discuss any other requests or suggestions. Wish me luck!

2. St Cloud

St Cloud Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    St. Cloud
    Country Flag:
    I just had a peep around the site. Looking good. All the best with this. I'll definatley keep it in mind.

3. Tjorne

Tjorne Member

Cyanide Username:
    .marXman. (BB1), Tjorne (BB2)
    Country Flag:
    Best of luck from the continent:powdodge:

Looking good, some nice descriptions and write-ups.

4. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Good luck :D

5. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Good luck Coach

6. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    Good luck with the biz:D

7. Etheric

Etheric Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Etheric
    Country Flag:
    Yeah good luck and let us know if you open international orders.

8. Gallows Bait

Gallows Bait Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Gallows-Bait
    Cyanide Username:
    Gallows Bait
    Country Flag:
    Very best of luck with the venture, was impressed with the clean, crisp and easy to use site. Definitely made me think more about other board games than I have in the past too, very tempting. :D

9. Coach

Country Flag:
    Thanks all! Appreciate the feedback on the site as well GB, that's what I was going for after evaluating the competition.

Will be adding buyers guides when I get around to it, probably the biggest thing I'm lacking right now.

10. coachman

coachman Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    bjj hero
    Country Flag:
    Best of luck. Ill check you out whenever Im looking for more kit. My lad loves board games (hes only 6 though) sowell take a look.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
  11. cjblackburn

cjblackburn Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    cjblackburn
    Country Flag:
    Looks promising so far. It's been bookmarked.

One thing is it took a while to get to a full list of what was for sale. It's obvious now I've found it and I'm well disposed to the site due to your work here but others may be less keen to poke around.

I would think about copying the shop link to your banner at the top of the page to make it easy as possible to start shopping.

12. Coach

Country Flag:
    Thanks for the feedback, had a few others say similar, hence making the shop link blue. Got some things I want to add and change on the home page, will give adding it to the top menu some thought but doesn't seem like a bad idea to add it there as well.