1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Necromantic Necro at the World Cup

Discussion in 'NAF Resurrection Tournament Tactics' started by Dr Rudolf von Richten, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Dr Rudolf von Richten

Dr Rudolf von Richten Member

Country Flag:
    Hi all,

Unexpectedly, it seems I'm playing at the World Cup here in Amsterdam in two weeks. I'll be playing Necro, probably not the best team for this tournament, but fun anyway.

So, though I may face any of you across the table, care to give some honest advice? :)

For roster TV110 I was thinking:

2x Werewolf
    1x Flesh Golem
    2x Wight
    2x Ghoul
    5x Zombie
    3x Reroll
    2x Fan Factor

The other option would be to exchange a ghoul and a Zombie for a Flesh Golem, but that would leave me with 11 players, and the FG's, while nice, are basically just super zombies, and not as important for scoring TD's as ghouls are.

For skills: 1st round (3 normal skills): block on both Werewolfs, Block on one Ghoul, 2nd round (3 normal or 1 normal & 1 double): Block on the other Ghoul, Guard on both wights, 3rd round (3 normal or 1 normal & 1 double): Block on the Flesh Golem, Dodge on both Werewolfs (unless circumstances dictate taking more Tackle!)

Is this a sound plan?

2. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    Im pretty sure that you are not alowed to give more than one skill to any player:powdodge: I will see you then at the tourney:D

3. Lebe666

Lebe666 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Sounds ok... I would maybe get one guard in the first round... otherwise you might find yourself under strength. Mobility is good... but having 1 less FG means guard might be more useful than a blodge ghoul. (i do like to use wolves as ball carriers)

4. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Skills should be (imo):

WW: Wrestle (one might get block, or juggernaut, or MB)
    Wight: Guard (both)
    Ghoul: One Block, One Sure Hands
    Golem: Guard (possibly block, but not a given. Grab might be more useful than either)
    Zombies: If going for normal skills all the way then you get two wrestle zombies. One can be lost to give a doubles to a WW. The other can be lost to give a zombie "leader" if giving MB to the WW.

In which order the skills should be taken is another fish to fry.
    Probably Wrestle WW, Guard Wight and SH ghoul on day one (block ghoul if you get to avoid strip-ballers)

5. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    I would go for block on the zombies instead. I think that MV4 and wrestle is a bad combo, unless you want targets to foul - then it is a super valid option:D

6. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Hmm.. one Wrestle zombie could be a DP zombie, of course. Would also lower the pressure on the ghouls and wolves since there is yet another loved blitz-target.
    (Or Kick is also an option)

7. Dr Rudolf von Richten

Country Flag:
    My current plan for skills is:

R1: Wrestle on one WW, block on the other, Guard on a wight.
    R2: Tackle on the other wight (or Guard if I don't seem to be facing much Dodge), Guard on the FG.
    R3: Block on one ghoul, Side Step on the other (or Sure Hands instead of Sidestep if Strip Ball happens to be a problem).

Of course, R2 & R3 are conditional anyway, events at the tournament may lead to reconsideration. It's just handy to have a plan.

8. Darkson

Darkson Member

Cyanide Username:
    Darkson
    Country Flag:
    All your skills have to be noted on the roster when handed in before round 1, so you need to decide them in advance.

9. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Since you seem to be free to pick a double on day two and three (only get two skills day two whatever you do)

Day 1: Wrestle WW, Guard Wight, SH Ghoul
    Day 2: Juggernaut/MB WW, Guard Wight
    Day 3: Guard/Grab Golem, Guard/Leader Zombie

(I recommend the first skill wherever I've listed two, but can see the second one as a viable option ;))

10. Dr Rudolf von Richten

Country Flag:
    Ok, well in that case:

R1: Wrestle on one Werewolf, Block on the other, Guard on a Wight.
    R2: Tackle on the other Wight, Guard on the Flesh Golem.
    R3: Block on one ghoul, Wrestle on the other.

Good plan?

11. Coach

Coach Administrator Head Coach

Country Flag:
    This is probably the most sensible, though I understand there will be a LOT of Wood Elf teams there, so you may want Sure Hands but it is hard to see where to take it other than the last day.

12. Dr Rudolf von Richten

Country Flag:
    Well, tournament's over, and it was great!

So much fun, so much nice people, lots of good gaming, all in all a wonderful experience! :D

I ended up with a 3-1-5 result, earning me the 339th place in the individual ranking which, for my first tournament ever with a team I've never played before, I'm quite happy with. :)

So I may start to go to more tournaments, here in The Netherlands and perhaps abroad too, and perhaps I will meet you people there (or meet you there again, if I happened to do so here).

Btw.: I did end up taking the following skills:

R1: Wrestle on one Werewolf, Block on the other, Guard on a Wight.
    R2: Tackle on the other Wight, Guard on the Flesh Golem.
    R3: Block on one Ghoul, Sure Hands on the other.

Didn't help me a bit against those bloody Elves though! :bothdown: